Poll: What was your favorite final raid?

Page 1 of 7
... LastLast

Best end of expansion raid?

Now that MoP is basically "over" in terms of raid content, poll on the best end of expansion raid...

For me it was a hard choice, I picked ICC over Sunwell because it was a longer raid and the Lich King was my favorite villain who I always wanted to fight in WoW.

Curious to see how many people actually pick Dragon Soul. :-P
    Last edited by rebecca191; 2013-10-15 at 12:50 AM.

Deleted
    Icc by far, if we just ignore how long it lasted. Still one of my favourite raids.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I think Icecrown Citadel had the best quality to quantity ratio in terms of bosses. Lots of bosses, all of them great.

Never raided SoO, but that would definitely be second just by looking at the fights. I'd say ICC and SoO are equal in raiding content, but nothing beats the atmosphere of ICC, which is why I'm voting for it.
    Man, I've got bags under my eyes... BAGS OF MONEY!
    See ya later, peasants.

Praise The Sun!

Deleted
    Sunwell.
    No competiton, Sure ICC was fun. But on the terms of being the most perfectly tuned, end of expansion raid, Sunwell has never yet had any competition.

If it wasn't for LK fight, ICC would be an average raid instance, like any other. But together with LK it's the best, imo.
    Rincewind: Ah! We may, in fact, have reached the root of the problem. However it's a silly problem and so I am suddenly going to stop talking to you.
    The better character questionnaire (D&D)

def naxx40, i cant even compare the rest with it. naxx has gotten a lot of bad rep because of the remake, but the original was too good.

I can't judge fairly at the moment because I did neither Naxx or Sunwell while they were current, and I haven't finished SoO yet because the final part of flex isn't opened yet.
    However, it would have to be either ICC or SoO, depending on how I like the final 3 fights for Siege.

And honestly, I didn't like Sunwell all that much because of how few bosses it has. It's the shortest end expansion raid ever. Some of the bosses were fun but way too short.
    Goodbye-Forever-MMO-Champ
    Quote Originally Posted by HighlordJohnstone View Post
    Alleria's whispers start climaxing

Quote Originally Posted by klaps_05 View Post
    def naxx40, i cant even compare the rest with it. naxx has gotten a lot of bad rep because of the remake, but the original was too good.
    Yeah, I loved original Naxx. Even at lv 70 it was harder than the lv 80 version ever was. I have the original T3 transmog and get some comments about it though I think it sometimes shows up on the BMAH? But since I only did half at 60 I did not vote for it.

Dragon Soul
    "Yes, I'm one of those GW2 fan boys who quit WoW and never even played GW1."[/IMG]

It's close between ICC and Siege of Orgrimmar, there are very obvious similarities between the two.
    I feel like Siege of Orgrimmar has better bosses overall, but ICC has an incredible end boss while Garrosh is quite lackluster in comparison.
    I like the aesthetics of ICC better, and I don't think linearity is worth mentioning because it's the same in both instances more or less.

So I vote ICC.

Sunwell only has 6 bosses, and even though they are decent bosses .............. just meh.
    Naxx isn't really comparable to the rest.

I picked Dragon Soul.

The fact that it's the first final expansion raid I completed when it was new surely makes me somewhat biased, but I honestly think it's the most epic and climactic raid they've done. You actually felt like you were averting the end of the world. You knew that if you failed here the world would end, not because they told you that the villain would eventually win, but because the villain literally can cast the apocalypse during the fight if you don't stop them. I don't think they handled Deathwing very well throughout the expansion, but the fact that he had two boss fights and not just multiple phases, really showed how powerful and dangerous this guy was.

Dragon soul best raid ever yo

No end of expansion raids have been some of the best raids imo. Voted Naxx though, because of how groundbreaking it was at its time.

Sunwell was a bit dull because of the theme and small boss count imo. ICC was with the exceptions of Lich King, Sindragosa and Putricide a big mess of boring boss battles, a bunch of tired references that sucked you out of the experience, bad voice work, and a lot of wasted potential. Dragon Soul is still today the worst raid to have graced WoW imo. Siege is pretty good but not beyond that.

I saw all of these things when these raids released.

However, for its time Naxx was just insane, just the size of the raid, the look, the creepy atmosphere, the upped visuals (Sapphiron's spawn animation was mindblowing,) the upped mechanics, everything just seemed better than anything before. Yes, if we compare it to today's raids it sucks, at least mechanics-wise, but back then it was incredible. Even today it's one of the raids with the most captivating atmosphere and best voice work, and if we discount the outdated boss-battles it holds up well (though the outdated boss battles really is the killer.) Only Ulduar has managed to outdo Naxx in visuals and feel imo.

So yeah, I rate this compared to how good they were at their time, and Naxx simply was the one who felt the grandest imo.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    ICC lasted the longest, but also had to use artificial gating to do so.
    SWP was essentially a filler because Wrath was taking so long to get ready. Very hard, few guilds finished it before Wrath went live.
    DS was absolute crap.
    Can't count Naxx60 due to not being a real climax to anything.

SoO meanwhile is the right mix of difficulty, length, and epicness. I actually do have to vote for it.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

I fuckin' hate when people hate on Dragon Soul because of the last boss. Seriously.

It was my favorite raid in the game, at least when it was current content.

Ulduar is my non-current-content pick, because it's absolutely astonishingly gorgeous to look at.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Jokubas View Post
    I picked Dragon Soul.

The fact that it's the first final expansion raid I completed when it was new surely makes me somewhat biased, but I honestly think it's the most epic and climactic raid they've done. You actually felt like you were averting the end of the world. You knew that if you failed here the world would end, not because they told you that the villain would eventually win, but because the villain literally can cast the apocalypse during the fight if you don't stop them. I don't think they handled Deathwing very well throughout the expansion, but the fact that he had two boss fights and not just multiple phases, really showed how powerful and dangerous this guy was.

I eally liked inked dragon soul, until the last 2 fights, I feel they could have done a lot better with death wing , though the raid dosed hate some of the best armor and weapon designs in the whole game.

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziel View Post
    I fuckin' hate when people hate on Dragon Soul because of the last boss. Seriously.

Ulduar is my non-current-content pick, because it's absolutely astonishingly gorgeous to look at.
    Can I hate on DS for having the worst Trash-to-Boss ratio and worst setting of any raid?
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    Wheres my Halion lol

j/k ICC by far

10+ Year Old Account
    Dragon Soul simply because of the introduction of LFR, getting raids to the masses, giving us bigger and better raids for MoP.
    37 + (3*7) + (3*7)
    W/L/T/Death count: Wolf: 0/1/0/1 | Mafia: 1/6/0/7 | TPR: 0/4/1/5
    SK: 0/1/0/1 | VT: 2/5/2/7 | Cult: 1/0/0/1

Quote Originally Posted by Ziel View Post

Hey, I didn't like any of Dragon Soul. Well, the Ultraxion buffs were kind of fun I guess, but the Ultraxion trash was so bad it cancels out.