Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    you didn't have a problem with the 4-5 people listing the engi helm as bis?

Quote Originally Posted by eschatological View Post
    Alchemist trinket = only available to alchemists. Why would someone suggest a BiS trinket as a profession-only trinket?
    best = best

Quote Originally Posted by Trape View Post
    You're actually pretty wrong about trinkets, bottle being worse than the alchemist trinket and I also currently estimate AoC to be better. Secondly, barrage is not worth taking over GT for CMs at any point, considering it only does like 1.4x the damage of GT but also takes 3 globals and 30 focus to use.

My tips for cms: Just go fast, they're a joke in comparison to what they were in 5.0, and you can easily beat all gold times, regardless of gear.
    bottle have more uptime than alchemy trinket, feel free to compare them tho. like i said is really hard to beat a 40% uptime trinket that give you straight up agi.

alchemy trinket maybe better than DMC but im not sure, just because both procs have simillars proc chances/uptime.

i do agree with glurp, best is best, dosnt matter where they come from.

Quote Originally Posted by Perrito View Post
    bottle have more uptime than alchemy trinket, feel free to compare them tho. like i said is really hard to beat a 40% uptime trinket that give you straight up agi.

alchemy trinket maybe better than DMC but im not sure, just because both procs have simillars proc chances/uptime.

i do agree with glurp, best is best, dosnt matter where they come from.
    Compare the two together at a CM level, Zen Alchemist has almost double the agi that Bottle has with the same ICD. As someone who's done extensive testing, alongside talking with multiple people who do CMs at a high level, Zen Alchemist stone shits on everything outside of Relic.

Still planning on testing AoC whenever progression ends.

Quote Originally Posted by Crooklyn View Post
    you didn't have a problem with the 4-5 people listing the engi helm as bis?
    I wouldn't have listed it on my bis, no. But I didn't even pay attention to the listing of the helm as BiS because the head slot is much less important than the trinkets.

Lets calculate the proc to get an estimate on what trinket is best.

4691 * (15/55) = 1279 Zen Stone.
    2539 * (20/45) = 1128 bottle.

they both have the same mastery gain so clearly the zen Stone is better. i tho the internal CD was 105 rather than 55 sec. numbers on zen maybe wrong because it dosnt show the actuall proc on challenge mode stats on wowhead. i calculated like that just in case they let this trinket retain the upgraded proc rather than disminish proc as bottle.

they are quite close to be honest, 1 thing ppl point out a lot is that zen procs even from mend pet so if you are not carefull enough you can proc it out of combat. i can see how using both trinkets would be much better than having the combo from DMC and bottle tbh. even tho DMC is all about the agi gain with the agi proc even tho the agi proc isnt as good as bottle.

my mistake on zen.

Deleted
    Bottle has a 55 icd too, not 45.

I have recently ran CMs again on my hunter and got all realm first. We ran it with 2 SV hunters and a lock, so i wouldn't fret too much about having the perfect composition of a group. You just may want to consider having a strong class come along if you are also going to run with some of the weaker classes.
    As with trinket discussion, I would recommend going with AoC, for though it may not do much but the 15% (not too sure of what it is) is still a good boost for you to have.
    If you have the ToES gun with the gem in it, that is also a good boost for you to have for +500 agi.
    Since this is your first run and you are not trying for world first and you are just trying to go for gold I wouldn't fret too much about having the BiS gear for it, for you are for most dungeons gonna have tank / healing trouble if your group hasn't done it before
    Best of Luck!

+500 agility gems are not working in CMs. Also in my opinion AoC doesn't do much for Survival.

Deleted
    What about use trinket from dominance offensive, passive agility and use crit. Personally I prefer that and DMC combo when going in to place where gear gets downscaled.