Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Which zones makes you turn on the in game music?

Just like the title says, I'm curious to see which zones actually has people listening to it. Which ones really bring you into the game?

Personally for me Vahj'ir is when I really kick on the in game music, it always goes wonderfully with the zone, same for Wandering Isle. Both are beautifully done.

you can turn the music off!?! MADNESS!!!! How could anyone run karazhan with the music turned off!
    My name is Cernunnos, I will love you like no other, I have died a thousand deaths, each time I died I thought of you.

Quote Originally Posted by nekai View Post
    Just like the title says, I'm curious to see which zones actually has people listening to it. Which ones really bring you into the game?

Personally for me Vahj'ir is when I really kick on the in game music, it always goes wonderfully with the zone, same for Wandering Isle. Both are beautifully done.
    none. i personally turn music/ambiance off and effects down to about 30-40%. usually have music or tv etc playing while im on plus mumble i dont want/need extra sound interference. not that i have anything against them.

Ashenvale - no competition! Plus Karazhan, Mount Hyjal (zone), Howling Fjord, Grizzly Hills and Sholazar Basin.
    Last edited by Nightfall; 2013-10-15 at 08:37 AM.

All of them.

Vashj'ir is amazing. It is by far the most atmospheric music in the whole game. It makes the zone.

Arathi Highlands. There's just something about that music that's so...nice. I don't really know how to explain it. It's just really pretty.

Ulduar, and the "remixed" themes in Grim Batol and Ironforge. The brass brings back nostalgia of long, yet fun nights with my guild, taking down the titans.

Herald of the Titans
    10+ Year Old Account
    Gnomer/Everlook. That's pretty much it.

I wish Orgrimmar's music didn't make me want to stab myself in the eyes and ears.

10+ Year Old Account
    I never turn off the music.

Deleted
    Inn at Halfhill - the Kazoo one makes me smile every time.

Titan
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nekai View Post

Howling Fjord, that music is amazing.

Deleted
    Storm Peaks, Karazhan, Sunwell Plateau/Magisters Terrace and Deepholme.

I've had WoW on mute since about 2005. I get the soundtracks, watch it on youtube or pull he sound files out of the install to get the music.

15+ Year Old Account
    Storm Peaks.
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

10+ Year Old Account
    I always have it on, I just don't have it on loop.

I havent had music on since like a quarter of the way into vanilla. No sound at all for that matter

15+ Year Old Account
    Un'Goro crater. The best music of all time.
    Natural Selection: Each time you say "Worgens" as a plural form of the word "Worgen", you have a 2/4/6% chance to be eaten by a grammar nazi.
    Tier 2 talent of the Grammar-specced "Player" class.

Grizzly hills is my favourite, but most of Northrend really, that soundtrack was excellent

10+ Year Old Account
    I always have the music on but my favourites are Dalaran, Elwynn, Storm Peaks, Western Plaguelands, Vash'jir and Kun Lai (specifically the Way of the Monk track).

Dalaran still gives me goosebumps just thinking about it.
    I don't know the recipe for success, but I know that the recipe for failure is trying to please everyone.

Forum stupidity at its finest:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shinra1 View Post
    Just because a word is in the dictionary doesn't mean it's true IRL.
    Allatar - EU Aszune | Allatar - D3 Career

Permanently off. Unless I visit a zone for a first time, then after another generic dissapointment, I turn it off again.

I turn off Shrine music. I honestly get a headache when I hear the inn music and some other places near. Rest of MOP are okay, but since most of my time is in shrine, I have to turn it off.

I turn it on in
    Eastern Plaguelands Towers
    Ice Crown
    Ulduar
    Howling Fjord
    Stormwind Keep music is awesome
    Darnassus and nearby areas
    Orgrimmar but I play horde a lot now and it's now become old
    Dragon Soul

10+ Year Old Account
    ON: (New) Tanaris Desert, Karazhan, Howling Fjord, Grizzly Hills, Sholazar Basin, Arathi / Twilight Highlands, Throne of Four Winds, Jade Forest, Kun-Lai Summit
    OFF: Eastern Plaguelands, Icecrown Glacier

I also like the new, 'saddened' music in the Shrines and Vale better than the old.
    Last edited by Chonar; 2013-10-15 at 09:32 AM.
    Looking marvelous in velvet.