Poll: Thoughts?

Be advised that this is a public poll: other users can see the choice(s) you selected.

Page 4 of 37 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by nekai View Post
    Poll options need to be "I'm for the squish" "I am against the squish" "Doesn't matter".

I'm all for a squish, it'll make upgrades matter again. Instead of "oh, I just got an extra 300 agi on my cloak so now I have 1500 agi over 1200 agi" you'll get "I just got 30 agi on my cloak so now I have 90 agi over 60 agi".

See that? Suddenly that agi bump is important. By the way, during 5.3 we had a blood dk solo the last boss of HoF, eventually raid progression will degrade because people will be out gearing the previous raid tier so much that they will be able to solo it.
    Of course the upgrade matters more if you make one a 50% increase and the other a 25%.
    It's this kind of post and people making subjective things into "facts" that make threads like these just a waste.

Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Last night, while you were asleep, everything in the universe shrunk to half size in order to please the raging blind masses that are incapable of understanding numbers larger than they can count to and to address "hardware limitations" that don't exist, only to end up creating a talking nexus that's been plaguing this forum since the people who suggested it thought it was a good idea to go forward with one choice only to back out later and attempt to fall on the other.

I tried really hard to keep the reverse of what you said in context, sadly I failed.
    this is a really stupid response to this but..I seriously doubt you can count to 1,000,000,000,000,000, if you can..Youtube that shit.

OT: THe squish doesnt bother me in the slightest..as previous posters have said..I can no longer decern between critting for 315467 and critting for 315793, dropping down to smaller numbers is just better for convenience sake.

I don't care about the Stat squish.

10+ Year Old Account
    When the stat Squish was first announced i was upset, i hated the idea, then i started think about it a little more, and now, i'm ok with it, is something that have to be done

Not interested at all. It amounts to a giant opportunity for Blizz to screw up all the balancing they'd managed to accomplish (even at hypothetical levels). Warriors always seem to take it in the pants for the first half of an expansion while the world is redefined around them and I don't need more of that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Ciddy View Post
    As long as it doesn't affect my ability to solo old content, I give a grand total of 0 shits.
    This. Soloing is part of the fun, i don't care about numbers being small or big.

Quote Originally Posted by Trickname View Post
    Those are horrible poll questions which ignore the fact that item squish doesn't mean we get weaker it means numbers get smaller and not just player numbers.
    I'm sure it's been said a thousand times, but this. The lira was converted to the euro in Italy at a 100:1 rate when they switched currencies. Imagine if there had been a referendum at the time which asked voters if they'd rather be "richer with lira inflation, or 100x poorer with the euro." Um, no. There were minor pros and cons one way or the other, but certainly not a 100x significance. Same with the squish. At worst, a few old raids are poorly scaled and end up being harder or easier than before. Otherwise, no real difference. "Getting weaker" is at best a poorly chosen wording for "lower stats, with same relative value", though I suspect it's intentional leading from one of the many anti-squish advocates.

Stat squish doesn't bother me. I'd prefer the smaller numbers, makes things matter more and it's much easier to discern between 2 numbers if they're smaller. Besides its not going to effect people soloing old raids or dungeons, it'll be the same, just with smaller numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Emfg View Post
    I must be the only one who actually wouldn't bother if it affected my ability to solo old content, or made it a bit harder to solo. Tmog nowadays doesn't hold any value whatsoever anymore.
    So you have everything you want and so now it's OK to make it harder for others to get what they want ? Why not go solo old content nakid if it's too easy ? You can always make it harder without needing Blizzard to do it for you.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Manabomb View Post
    Last night, while you were asleep, everything in the universe shrunk to half size in order to please the raging blind masses that are incapable of understanding numbers larger than they can count to and to address "hardware limitations" that don't exist, only to end up creating a talking nexus that's been plaguing this forum since the people who suggested it thought it was a good idea to go forward with one choice only to back out later and attempt to fall on the other.

I tried really hard to keep the reverse of what you said in context, sadly I failed.
    You know that's retarded, because you wouldn't even notice it.
    Exactly like what will happen in WoW.

Quote Originally Posted by lyphe View Post
    1) For the simple reason that it looks and feels ridiculous as we embark upon numbers in the millions and billions.
    Huge? Pfff... . This game was universally praised by pretty much everyone, BTW.

In 2-6 you're pretty much repeating same shit, guess you like bigger numbers when they're about amount of YOUR "facts"?

7) And because I take Blizz at face value when they say my character will not get weaker in relative terms.
    Yeah, yeah, we all know that Blizzard ALWAYS deliver EXACTLY what they're talking about, right?

I'm not really looking forward to it but I'll wait until they give us more information about it before I rage.

Yes, It makes me feel as though my character is getting weaker, sure that may not be the case but if i go from having 1 mill+ hp to having 10k in the next expansion it doesn't feel like my character gets progressively more powerful atleast not to me.

Deleted
    Well, i expect a mage can solo everything after the squish, so we have one class able to solo. After all it is important :P

Quote Originally Posted by godded View Post
    Tbh the COmbat Log on some 25man rights I've been logging are getting so large that I can't parse them at once anymore.
    Most ridiculous argument ever. Your combat log size is primarily inflated by amount of events, which will be reflected by smaller logs after recent healing change that "compresses" several events into one. Numbers itself make about 5% of log size. Hell, even a long character and NPC names are more relevant.

Quick skimming over this thread shows exactly same thing: the squish is only supported by clueless, uneducated and technically illiterate people. Too bad that it is a majority.

[This post was infracted for flaming.]
    Last edited by Rivellana; 2013-10-16 at 12:21 PM.

The stat squish IMO is very necessary, it's going to look weird when you're always hitting for 1 million damage.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by malletin View Post
    Yes, It makes me feel as though my character is getting weaker, sure that may not be the case but if i go from having 1 mill+ hp to having 10k in the next expansion it doesn't feel like my character gets progressively more powerful atleast not to me.
    At 95 lvl you will be more powerful than 90 lvl. You will kill old bosses more quickly than before. How are big numbers more powerful?

Bias poll is Bias... LOL I am looking forward to it, but you don't have an option for that on your poll.

10+ Year Old Account
    I think the stat squish is retarded

Epic!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by MistsofBoredom View Post
    With Mists of Pandaria, our characters have gotten really powerful. Tanks have broken 1 million health, DPS do a few hundred thousand DPS, and so forth.

But there's a strong indication, I think, that in the next expansion we'll have item level toned down and our characters severely weakened. How do you feel about that? Are you alright with it, or do you prefer getting even stronger next expansion?
    |

Its a pointless change, pretty much only around for the... special people that can't handle math with too many 0s on the end