Deleted

Suggestion: "The PVP Itemslot vendor"

Hey guys!

I just want to hear what you think about this idea:

You buy the itemslot "unlock" with the same amout of conq. that the item today would cost. Once this is done, all conquest items for that slot is bought with X amount of GOLD. (small amount like 100-1000g, "edit: OR ZERO GOLD")

This means that once you "unlock" the, lets say. "helm-slot" you can buy all versions of the item for gold. If you return any version of an item bought for a slot within 2 hours to the vendor, all other versions dissapear and you get your Conq. ponts back and slot will be once again "locked". (So we can change our minds, like today with items).

The reason behind this (if not obvious): maybe I want to switch from dps to healer midseason (or play both roles with diff friends) and today I CANT, without going from "hero" to "zero", since I already spent my conq. points on dps gear. Imo, the game would be more fun with more possibility for variation.

So what do you say guys, yes - no?
    Last edited by mmoc7590f12ce6; 2013-10-16 at 09:38 AM.

Gear can be easily grinded nowadays. No need to change anything imo.

bad idea, as pvp'ers are usually broke and that would remove the conc system after the initial buy

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by DenniZ View Post
    Gear can be easily grinded nowadays. No need to change anything imo.
    The grinding is not the problem. But the problem is that a whole class share same conquest cap. This means you have to make a choice; do you want to spend conquest points on x spec or y spec. You can't do both because you will fall behind in item level and by this competitiveness.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Flanito View Post
    The grinding is not the problem. But the problem is that a whole class share same conquest cap. This means you have to make a choice; do you want to spend conquest points on x spec or y spec. You can't do both because you will fall behind in item level and by this competitiveness.
    This^^

The cost can be 0 gold. I suggested a small fee to reduce the amount of gold in the economy. But on second thought, pvp:ers are probably not that rich

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Flaim View Post
    bad idea, as pvp'ers are usually broke and that would remove the conc system after the initial buy
    Yeah you are probably right about the "broke part" however I don't understand what you mean with the second part of that sentence "remove the conc system after the initial buy".

It would not remove anything imo. You still need to farm 2XXXX conq. points to unlock your full pvp set. You can still pick the order in which you "buy" your items. Yon can still change your mind. And most importantly (I recon from Blizzards pov): it would still take you the XX weeks Blizzard wants before you are fully geared.
    Only diff. is that you would get the choice to play a different spec. and not be a gimp in this new spec.

Deleted
    I like the idea, and the honor instead of gold suggestion too. I mean, honor will become fairly useless once you're into the conquest grind anyway, might as well have the option to spend it on sidegrades. Even for a pure dps class it would still be a nice thing, with different items available for pretty much all "off set" slots. Easier mixing and matching of secondary stats...

This is what they are already doing with the conquest total and it unlocking the ability to purchase conquest gear for honor. I am guessing the reason they did it all in one shot instead of purchase helm and unlock helm slot for honor is either because of a technical limitation or to stop people from attaining their first 2250 conquest and purchasing and returning all the gear to unlock the honor and then totally gearing up for honor.

Neat idea, and I would love the ability to slowly offspec gear instead of weeks into the season, but I am guessing there is a technical limitation that prevents it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrean View Post
    I am guessing the reason they did it all in one shot instead of purchase helm and unlock helm slot for honor is either because of a technical limitation or to stop people from attaining their first 2250 conquest and purchasing and returning all the gear to unlock the honor and then totally gearing up for honor.
    That implies that every return would increase the total CP gained counter to the point where it meets the requirement to unlock CP gear for honor, or am I not understanding you correctly? I mean, there's a system that checks total CP gained, surely that number doesn't increase by repeatedly buying and selling CP gear at the moment? And if that's the case, why would the OP's suggestion "break" that check?

Buy a piece of CP gear:unlock that slot and other CP gear for that slot becomes obtainable for honor.
    Sell CP gear back within 2hrs: all (honor bought) CP gear for that slot also lost and slot gets locked again (must spend CP again to unlock).