Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    I think people are confused because everyone is misspelling "leek"

http://youtu.be/Toa0rerO1CU?t=1m17s
    You're not allowed to discuss conspiracy theories on mmo-champion, which makes me wonder what they're trying to hide.

Deleted
    Pretty sure Boubouille answered this on his personal blog a year or two ago, but I can't see to find it anymore or it has been deleted. Was a long the lines That now they are a community partner with WoW that you can't just go a head and dump leaked information like what happened with Cata or post all the datamined information he finds. It's a two way street that WoW now has interviews with MMO-C and whatnot.

I remember the last time we had major leaks was Cataclysm with Boubouille riding Deathwing in front of Stormwind.

edit:
    Ah here it is:
    http://azeroth.metblogs.com/files/20..._stormwind.jpg
    His name is on top of the first wing.

After that Blizzard contacted them and asked them to stop posting datamined leaks from betas. MMO Champ agreed. Since then the only thing they post are datamines from PTR Files. No Beta/Alpha stuff.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

As many have said, the "leaks" of old were largely data-mined. Data-mining is very common these days.

Something like The Dark Below was kind of a leak, or at least a rumor and part of some investigative digging. It remains to be seen if any "true" leaks will be posted in the coming weeks, i.e. unsubstantiated expansion pack information from Blizzard insiders or printers/publishers, etc., event coordinators at BlizzCon, etc. Such is two-part, you need someone brave enough in the "supply chain" to leak the info and then MMOC has to be willing to post it.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by igame View Post
    Yes, and MMO champ copying any such info used to mean fans can rely on it. When was the last time you saw MMO champ report anything that was not spoon-fed by blizz?
    Why is so hard to grasp that there isn't anything to report about?

There are NO Blizzcon leaks on the internet this time around, except for the rumors of "The Dark Below" or the "Heroes of the Storm" trademark. If there was, someone would notice it and post it on a MMO-C thread, as usual.

Quote Originally Posted by Doombringer View Post
    As many have said, the "leaks" of old were largely data-mined. Data-mining is very common these days.
    Datamining is not the problem. It's where you datamine.

Datamine live client = harmless

Datamine PTR client = ok, but expect Blizzard to tell you nothing is final

Datamine F&F/Alpha/Beta client = not ok, Blizzard will ask you to stop that - they did when MMO Champ did this in the past and MMO Champ agreed to stop doing that.
    Atoms are liars, they make up everything!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    Datamine F&F/Alpha/Beta client = not ok, Blizzard will ask you to stop that - they did when MMO Champ did this in the past and MMO Champ agreed to stop doing that.
    That issue became moot with MoP Beta, there was no F&F phase and there was no NDA.

I came to MMO Champ back in WotLK alpha, because it was the most reliable source of leaked info from that expansion at the time, along with that other site I don't even remember anymore.

Then there was the whole Curse buyout before Cataclysm and I could smell the change in the air, most evident by the time Cataclysm alpha started. At first MMO Champ did show the leaked content but in just matter of day or even less it was all removed and suddenly a brand new "No NDA material here kkthxbai" was applied. :|
    Modern gaming apologist: I once tasted diarrhea so shit is fine.

"People who alter or destroy works of art and our cultural heritage for profit or as an excercise of power, are barbarians" - George Lucas 1988

Quote Originally Posted by prwraith View Post
    Careful for pointing that out it could be perceived as discussion of the almighty infraction *spooky face*

There's not an established sarcasm font for my disgust, so bold ital and underline will have to do.
    I know. In the past not only people who discuss bans were banned, but also those who discuss the discussion about bans were banned. MMO-Champ has changed a lot since it's earlier days and not for the better.

What is frustrating is I am yet to find a fun alternative.

The conspiracy theories in this thread are hilarious. Blizz secretly bought MMO-C to be its mouthpiece? MMO-C probably knows the xpac? Maybe they should leak it to a 3rd party and then report on that leak?

Wow.

15+ Year Old Account
    My take is that to a certain extent, it is a matter of perception; you can say that a lot of what MMO-Champion leaked in the past was from other sites, and you could be correct, but that doesn't matter when for most people, seeing it here is seeing it first, so it was leaked here, in that context.

I think it is also a give and take; MMO-C may not be your source for early info, perceived or not, but they do offer a lot of info that is gained from being an "insider", if you will. That may not be enough to separate the site from other fansites with similar access, but I certainly make it my one stop WoW info shop. Plus, the glorious repartee on these forums keeps me hooked!

Quote Originally Posted by DetectiveJohnKimble View Post
    There is plenty of stuff to leak, unless you think GC single-handedly does all the programming, art, etc. for every xpac. The issues are that (1) Blizzard has become more sophisticated with plugging leaks and so you're not going to leak info except to people you absolutely trust and (2) high-level WoW media, like this website, certain streamers, etc. aren't going to risk jeopardizing their relationship with Blizzard (or other video game companies by extension) by leaking info these days. For MMOC, this is especially true in light of OP's point in that this website is owned by Curse. Random joe schmoe site is unlikely to get their hands on legitimate information because of issue 1, and important WoW media figures aren't going to leak because of 2.

Like someone mentioned earlier, the Cata F&F alpha leak on this site really seemed to be the last straw. Blizzcon tickets are expensive and people reach irrational conclusions based on leaked info, so Blizzard really cracked down on reporting leaked info after that.
    Ok, I know there is stuff to leak, but with my comment I meant there is nothing to leak as they have been plugging various things that have caused people to leak before (as I mentioned either in same post or one above). So when I say there's nothing to leak it's because no one from Blizzard is leaking things.

Quote Originally Posted by bufferunderrun View Post
    well mmo-c is probably the biggest english fansite and many time it as show alot of connection with blizzard devs, it's strange that with the blizzcon right behind the corner no one leaked a little bit of info, maybe not some big news like the title or the subject but small hint, little info on some futures etc. It's really possible that with the annoncement incoming no one has received any small info?
    What i think is that blizzard asked to keep the secret until the last soo wing in lfr is opened to avoid peoples losing interest in the raid and concentrate on the new xpack, so any leak will be released after 22 oct imho.
    Probably not because they've learned from the past and know how to stop leaks if they do happen. I did mention though I wouldn't expect any small leaks until week before or of Blizzcon when itineraries are sent out and people form conclusions based on events and such.

Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    Isn't anything to leak, are you serious? The entire next expansion is something that could be leaked, yet not even the name has shown up yet. As I said in my previous post, even the name of Mists of Pandaria was unveiled prior to the last Blizzcon, yet this time around we don't even have that. We usually had lots of information of what was going to happen prior to Blizzards announcements, right now we don't know anything that Blizzard isn't telling us.
    Just because there's an expansion to leak doesn't mean it can be leaked. You know how many people would lose their job if it was. Just because everyone wants there to be a leak doesn't mean it can happen.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Kryos View Post
    I remember the last time we had major leaks was Cataclysm with Boubouille riding Deathwing in front of Stormwind.

edit:
    Ah here it is:
    http://azeroth.metblogs.com/files/20..._stormwind.jpg
    His name is on top of the first wing.

After that Blizzard contacted them and asked them to stop posting datamined leaks from betas. MMO Champ agreed. Since then the only thing they post are datamines from PTR Files. No Beta/Alpha stuff.
    Pretty sure the army of lawyers also helped him decide to pull it off the site lol.
    Aye mate

MMO-champ has more staff moderating forums and banning posters than staff to do some "investigative" reporting.

Soon they may not even have the guts to write about PTR, let alone leaks...

Tell me where exactly will you get all the WoW Blizzcon info in one place? Yeah.

They haven't "Sold off", it's called business.

I swear this place is like a gathering spot for all the Blizzard haters.

10+ Year Old Account
    Where ever I want, working remote is awesome.
    Quote Originally Posted by scarson View Post
    MMO-champ has more staff moderating forums and banning posters than staff to do some "investigative" reporting.

What moderators moderate? Who would have thought they would do that? Perhaps if people followed the guidelines they agree to they would have spare time to investigate something else.

The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account

Are you serious with this post?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by aPHIX View Post
    Heartstone got leaked 3-4 years ago?
    3 - 4 years ago?

Not buying that unless you can show me a source, and in either case knowing their working on a trading card game and knowing what it's called are two different things, while for something like Hearthstone it's a nice to know thing, for expansions it really kind of gives away what's going (if previous titles are anything to go by)

I don't think we'll be 100% sure of the title before it appears on the screen at blizzcon, certainly not in the way we have been before.

Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Are you serious with this post?
    You can see the long list of moderators on forums front page.

How many people do you think they have to do reporting and write articles?

Deleted
    You can see the long list of moderators on forums front page.

How many people do you think they have to do reporting and write articles?
    Do you think mods get paid? HAhahahahahaha

Anyway, yes this site "sold out" since you'll get blacklisted if you leak shit which translates to no coverage, game keys or any other cooperation with the dev. Being on the curse network prevents you from pissing off devs by default.
    Last edited by mmoc9a48be24dc; 2013-10-16 at 03:32 PM.