Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    The Unstoppable Force Orange Joe's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by scarson View Post
    You can see the long list of moderators on forums front page.

How many people do you think they have to do reporting and write articles?
    Moderators are volunteers. They don't get paid for moderating the site. they aren't here to report anything.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    Moderators are volunteers. They don't get paid for moderating the site. they aren't here to report anything.
    Precisely right.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

10+ Year Old Account
    i personally prefer leeks, the national vegetable of Wales.
    Last edited by Grubjuice; 2013-10-16 at 04:01 PM.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    I think people are confused because everyone is misspelling "leek"

http://youtu.be/Toa0rerO1CU?t=1m17s
    Leek=plant
    Leak=unintended hole

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Thelxi View Post
    Leek=plant
    Leak=unintended hole
    Joke---
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    -
    Your head----

^ well it must've been a bad joke because I don't get it either

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by plantation View Post
    ^ well it must've been a bad joke because I don't get it either
    It helps if you watch the video too. Might be why he put it in his post.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Baar View Post
    It helps if you watch the video too. Might be why he put it in his post.
    It wasn't a very good joke... It's more akin to actually correcting grammar than a funny haha joke

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belize View Post
    It wasn't a very good joke... It's more akin to actually correcting grammar than a funny haha joke

To each their own I guess. I thought it was funny myself.

The other link you can do is Boubouille barely posting any news anymore. Not saying news aren't interesting obviously, but for exclusive content, people rarely share sources.

Plus the trademark leaks were never by mmo-c themselves, but from people who posted about them on the site..

MMO leaked both Wotlk and Cata stuff way ahead. Then they got bought, and now they don't leak anymore, which is understandable, but the OP is right :|

How about everytime the update with stuff from Blizzcon or PBE?

Quote Originally Posted by quikbunny View Post
    I think the fact they gave Method the world first achievement for a world 2nd kill shows exactly who / what pulls the strings around here (hint: money).
    Who gave Method what? MMO-C reported that Method downed him for a world-first 25-man kill, which is correct. If you want to rehash Asia vs. everyone else, there's roughly 1000 pages of back-and-forth in the Raid Discussion forum. And how exactly does reporting Method as world-first indicate "money" to you? It's a player-created race with absolutely no acknowledgment from Blizzard, other than the fact that they monitor attempts as a trouble-shooting method.

I remember how we knew most of the stuff to be known prior to Blizzcon (Cataclysm announcement).

None of that anymore.

Yeah, they sold out. But hey, that's what happens to most fan/privately owned sites once they gain enough popularity to be spotted by major corporation ones (curse.com)
    Intel i7-10700k | ASUS ROG STRIX Z490-F GAMING
    ASUS ROG STRIX RTX 2080 Ti | 2x 8GB Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 2400Mhz
    A-Data SSD SP920 256GB | Seagate 1TB 7200rpm | NZXT Kraken x62
    Fractal Design Define R6 TG | be quiet! Dark Power Pro 11 650W | Asus ROG Swift PG279Q
    Razer: Blackwidow Elite | Basilisk Ultimate | Nari Ultimate| Firefly | NZXT Hue+

There was a thread like this a week or so back that I responded to at the time with my perspective. Sort of like "subs are declining, and we just got Pandaren, so the sub declinemust be because of the Pandaren!," people aren't taking all the variables into account, and are also assuming that correlation equals causation.

There have been a lot of factors that could effect MMO-C's access to or ability to post information.

It could be pressure from Curse. It could be pressure from Blizzard. It could be that there's less information to find.

It's not like other websites are getting a hold of big leaks that MMO-C isn't posting about.
    Blizzard is getting better at keeping things under wraps, as far as I can tell. They've also become more concerned with keeping things under wraps.

Essentially, every time someone finds a leak, I expect Blizzard then knows how to plug that leak in the future. You could also argue that it's more risky to leak information as an employee because of the current state of and view on the job market and economy. People are still more nervous about losing jobs than in the past. That could also be a possible factor.

In addition, as an "official" fansite, MMO-C has access to giveaway materials, betas, alphas, interviews, and et cetera that are a big part of its traffic gain, as far as news goes. Even if some sites and sources like MMO-C have insider info, releasing that information to the public when Blizzard doesn't want them to is a sure way to get those privileges revoked, and that's a pretty big deterrent when it means potentially losing out on access and scoops.

Besides, with Mists, the only leak we had was the trademark. Assuming TDB or HotS aren't the next expansion and we don't have a trademark for it yet (possible, since Wrath of the Lich King was trademarked 4 days before its official announcement at Blizzcon 2007), there may simply be nothing to leak.

MMO-C did jump right on TDB and Reaper of Souls when they were discovered, after all. It's not like they "ignored" those potential leaks.
    Last edited by Daetur; 2013-10-16 at 05:46 PM.

Kinda sad and disgusting if they've sold out but they are still one of the best news sites.

10+ Year Old Account
    i wasn't paying MMO-C anything to begin with, why should i expect leaks for free?
    i am here for the timely-news and entertaining forums, not the spoilers.

When someone asks you if you're a god, YOU SAY 'YES'!

Quote Originally Posted by igame View Post
    OMG I got THE Boub to respond in my thread!!

OT: I am sorry if you felt this post was directed at you Boub, you are to MMO champ what Moot is to 4chan. I think most posters here have a lot of respect for you mate. I was just kinda bummed at not having seen the usual kind of pioneering new information, breaking news etc. in a while, but I guess your post does explain why it is so.

Again, sorry if you felt this was directed at you mate.
    Igame Von Backpedal has spoken!

Quote Originally Posted by Xilurm View Post
    Tell me where exactly will you get all the WoW Blizzcon info in one place? Yeah.

They haven't "Sold off", it's called business.

I swear this place is like a gathering spot for all the Blizzard haters.
    How is it blizz hating to observe that MMO-Champ is now just a blizzard mouthpiece and never posts anything not spoon-fed by blizz?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Daetur View Post
    There was a thread like this a week or so back that I responded to at the time with my perspective. Sort of like "subs are declining, and we just got Pandaren, so the sub declinemust be because of the Pandaren!," people aren't taking all the variables into account, and are also assuming that correlation equals causation.

There have been a lot of factors that could effect MMO-C's access to or ability to post information.

It could be pressure from Curse. It could be pressure from Blizzard. It could be that there's less information to find.

It's not like other websites are getting a hold of big leaks that MMO-C isn't posting about.
    Blizzard is getting better at keeping things under wraps, as far as I can tell. They've also become more concerned with keeping things under wraps.

Essentially, every time someone finds a leak, I expect Blizzard then knows how to plug that leak in the future. You could also argue that it's more risky to leak information as an employee because of the current state of and view on the job market and economy. People are still more nervous about losing jobs than in the past. That could also be a possible factor.

In addition, as an "official" fansite, MMO-C has access to giveaway materials, betas, alphas, interviews, and et cetera that are a big part of its traffic gain, as far as news goes. Even if some sites and sources like MMO-C have insider info, releasing that information to the public when Blizzard doesn't want them to is a sure way to get those privileges revoked, and that's a pretty big deterrent when it means potentially losing out on access and scoops.

Besides, with Mists, the only leak we had was the trademark. Assuming TDB or HotS aren't the next expansion and we don't have a trademark for it yet (possible, since Wrath of the Lich King was trademarked 4 days before its official announcement at Blizzcon 2007), there may simply be nothing to leak.

MMO-C did jump right on TDB and Reaper of Souls when they were discovered, after all. It's not like they "ignored" those potential leaks.
    If one of the 'hoaxes/leaks' (Dark, below, heroes of storm, time travel) does turns out to be true, would it be proof that other people, places still do digging while MMO-champ is not what it used to be and only reports what blizzard allows it to?
    Back in the day MMO-champ would have grabbed hold of the leak, they knew to be right and posted it on front page and said the source was someone else, now if it did not come directly from blizz, it's not going to be on MMO-champ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Honestly, I think that's a good thing... Too many things have been ruined by data mining and similar other processes...
    Why not just enjoy the nice surprise?
    And even though it's reached new heights, I rather like the restless nights. It makes me wonder, makes me think there's more to this, I'm on the brink. It's not the fear of what's beyond, it's just that I might not respond! I have an interest, almost craving, would I like to get to far in?!