Thread: End Game

End Game

Any decent "End Game" additions since I left the game about four months ago?
    Last time I played, I was just grinding through that dungeon that had infinite difficulty levels.
    Is that still the idea for GW2? I left due to their being enough end game content (raids).

Not this thread again...

Quote Originally Posted by Ryngo Blackratchet View Post
    Yeah, Rhandric is right, as usual.

10+ Year Old Account
    GW2's endgame is different from a game that has raids in that we aren't funneled into 1 instance that we bang on for months, it's much more diverse.

For PVE there's Dungeons, Fractals, Guild Missions, building Legendaries and new content every 2 weeks to test your skills on. The closest thing to a raid is the new Tequatl encounter (very low success rate, open world raid, takes 80+ or so well coordinated, well geared players to take it down, rewards chance at Ascended weapons).

For PvP there's World vs. World, the week long massive battle between 3 servers. It's a highly competitive raiding scene with Leaderboards and World Experience Ranks. They are expanding on this concept and Season 1 Leagues starts tonight at reset.
    Valar morghulis

Like the poster above said, come back and try the retuned boss encounters and see what you think of them, Tequatl especially. If you're looking for gear-treadmill content, this really isn't the game for it.

Quote Originally Posted by Henqetnetjer View Post
    Last time I played, I was just grinding through that dungeon that had infinite difficulty levels.
    Is that still the idea for GW2? I left due to their being enough end game content (raids).
    End game right now is WvW or farming champions or doing fractals. There are patches every 2 weeks, most are mini-games however the last 3 have been decent and actually brought good content.

I disagree completely that GW2 is somehow more diverse than WoW, it is just like any other MMO. For example, WoW has things like raids, scenarios, dungeons, battlegrounds, arenas etc. GW2 has dungeons, fractals, WvW, sPvP, farming champions etc. They are both diverse in their own right. And they both can be repetitive if you want it to be.
    Last edited by c0da; 2013-10-18 at 09:35 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Projections View Post
    End game right now is WvW or farming champions or doing fractals. There are patches every 2 weeks, most are mini-games however the last 3 have been decent and actually brought good content.

I disagree completely that GW2 is somehow more diverse than WoW, it is just like any other MMO. For example, WoW has things like raids, scenarios, dungeons, battlegrounds, arenas etc. GW2 has dungeons, fractals, WvW, sPvP, farming champions etc. They are both diverse in their own right. And they both can be repetitive if you want it to be.
    Aren't WoW "scenarios" modeled after the No Holy Trinity thing GW2 has been doing with their dungeons?

Can you people be any more specific to what "End Game" means for you. I honestly don't think people know what it is that they want. Both WoW and GW2 have a endless grinding whether it's in gear or in cosmetic items.

WoW has endless churning Raids so I'm not sure how End Game is suppose to relate to it. Do you want a finale like in a story driven game?

Can someone explain to what the general consensus people consider End Game to be? Because I don't see how it applies to never-ending content MMOs.

Quote Originally Posted by Shurkuris View Post
    Can someone explain to what the general consensus people consider End Game to be? Because I don't see how it applies to never-ending content MMOs.
    General expectation is that upon reaching max level, you are now at endgame and activities change to some format differing from the leveling game.

Fencers will probably be along to explain why that is an error, but that's how it is commonly used.

GW2 doesn't do a "bimodal" system like that. When you hit max level, you keep playing the game as you always did, wandering around, exploring, killing stuff. WvWvW is not endgame, you can do it at level 1. SPvP is not endgame, you can do it at level one...

can't you people just let threads like these die? it always turns into some stupid wow vs gw2 fest and we've already had plenty of threads where these idiots who keep asking their questions can find answers...
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    can't you people just let threads like these die? it always turns into some stupid wow vs gw2 fest and we've already had plenty of threads where these idiots who keep asking their questions can find answers...
    It gives us something to do in between stuff.

It's not like anyone is telling me how to live with my elementalist now that the 25% air movement trait is gone!

There is no endgame in Guild Wars 2 or any of the Guild Wars games. Of which there are 5 in total now. So yes, it is still the same.

Even having an expectation of endgame is inappropriate to the franchise.

Also, closing this. We have threads on this subject already and there are tons of resources to educate one's self on the design and gameplay of the Guild Wars franchise.