Deleted

Still worth playing spriest?

Hey guys,

8 months ago i decided to stop playing after having lost interest in the game, but recently i've been convinced by friends to come join them again.
    I've mained my spriest for 3 tiers until ToT. But now that im looking into spriest dps again I kind of get the idea that it seems really subpar compared to other classes. Is it still worth gearing up my priest or is switching to another class now that i have the chance a better option?

Sorry if any of this is not right and ive just been looking at the wrong place, would love to hear some input.

Wytzer

It's only (very, very) subpar on 3/14 fights: Iron Juggernaut, Malkorok and Thok.

However, off-healing is very, very useful on Malkorok and Thok. So we pretty much suck (very, very much) only on Iron Juggernaut.
    Last edited by Dierdre; 2013-10-15 at 11:04 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    If you are only interested in damage meters, its pretty bad on single target fights and not the best on multi target fights. This is of course in comparison with other classes with roughly equal skill/gear level.

Deleted
    Its not worth it.

Shadow is not viable, and as long as a Balance druid, Warlock or Mage is available the Shadow stays benched.

I'd play it as long as you enjoy it. You've played it for 3 years, so even if they are sub par now, they won't always be. Plus, I find if you play something you enjoy, you'll more than likely put more work and effort into it.

I enjoy SPriests a lot right now, but I missed the Spriest session during Cata as I was Holy early expansion and Protection Paladin or Enhancement Shaman late Cata. As long as you're not in a hardcore guild, you won't be sat just for choosing this class/spec. We're still able to be competitive on most of the bosses in casual to semi-hardcore environments.

I'm loving it. Solid damage on 80% of the fights, massive support, only lacks damage while moving.

Quote Originally Posted by Katjezz View Post
    Its not worth it.

Shadow is not viable, and as long as a Balance druid, Warlock or Mage is available the Shadow stays benched.
    I eat balance for breakfast, but yes, warlock still beats shadow on every scenario. Even though, shadow is very viable; it just sucks (very, very, very much) on single target. Fortunately there is only really one patchwerk fight this tier (iron juggernaut).

Shadow's worth it if you like the class and all it has to offer. It's a very viable DPS class, and if you're here asking, then you're not in a guild with a 35-40+ roster that benches to min/max class stacking for each progression encounter, so you'll definitely have a spot in every fight and should feel like you're a solid contribution in each of them except Iron Juggernaut.

That said, yeah warlock dps is better. So is mage dps. It was like that 8 months ago when you quit playing, though, so if you enjoyed it then you still will!

Quote Originally Posted by Mctriple View Post
    That said, yeah warlock dps is better. So is mage dps. It was like that 8 months ago when you quit playing, though, so if you enjoyed it then you still will!
    It's actually much much better than 8 months ago. Eight months ago locks/mages were ABSURDLY overpowered. Now they're just overpowered.

Roll a lock and never look back....
    "You take 4,994,468 boredom damage from daily quests.... You have died."