Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

I would love an Emerald Dream super continent!

Unfortunately even I understand this will probably never happen due to various reasons... However I would love to visit Azeroth to see how it was like before sentient races destroyed it Northrend, Kalimdor & Eastern Kingdom all one huge continent! No cities or towns! No corruption! Just nature and various new & bizarre creatures!

It's hard to imagine a wholly pure Northrend, without the Scourge or blood and torn landscapes.

10+ Year Old Account
    Trees and grass. It would be very boring.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Perhaps someday if they decide to go more open world again, which means likely not, lol. WoW moved away from any semblance of sandboxyness with the installation of BC. That's where the theme park really started.
    "There is no teacher but the enemy. No one but the enemy will tell you what the enemy is going to do. No one but the enemy will ever teach you how to destroy and conquer. Only the enemy shows you where you are weak. Only the enemy tells you where he is strong. And the rules of the game are what you can do to him and what you can stop him from doing to you." -Mazer Rackham - Ender's Game Orson Scott Card

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Trees and grass. It would be very boring.
    What makes you think it would just be trees & grass? Besides isn't that Pandaria?

10+ Year Old Account
    You could create one and show us what it looks like OP! I wouldn't mind seeing it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by adam86shadow View Post
    What makes you think it would just be trees & grass? Besides isn't that Pandaria?
    Because that is what the emerald dream is...
    Aye mate

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    Because that is what the emerald dream is...
    No, the Emerald Dream is Azeroth without sentient life. Forests, jungles, beaches, mountains, deserts, snowy alps, wetlands, volcanoes, rivers, etc

The Undying Slowpoke is a Gamer's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Unfortunately even I understand this will probably never happen due to various reasons... However I would love to visit Azeroth to see how it was like before sentient races destroyed it Northrend, Kalimdor & Eastern Kingdom all one huge continent! No cities or towns! No corruption! Just nature and various new & bizarre creatures!
    I don't want nature. What I do want, is larger continents than what we've been getting. I want something the scale of EK and Kalimdor. With lots of different spots to discover, and lots of things that aren't grinding to do.

- - - Updated - - -

No, the Emerald Dream is Azeroth without sentient life. Forests, jungles, beaches, mountains, deserts, snowy alps, wetlands, volcanoes, rivers, etc
    There's a reason it's the Emerald Dream and not Azeroth Prime.
    FFXIV - Maduin (Dynamis DC)

10+ Year Old Account
    I get what adam is saying, What if we could go into the Emerald Dream & that whole content is are for the exploring & adventure.

Deleted
    Would be interesting, however WoWs engine is so old and granted MoP looks decent/good, I still think it would be somewhat of a waste since it wouldn't do it justice. Nature isn't something the engine does well, especially trees and plants.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Would be interesting, however WoWs engine is so old and granted MoP looks decent/good, I still think it would be somewhat of a waste since it wouldn't do it justice. Nature isn't something the engine does well, especially trees and plants.
    I thought MoP did them wonderfully. A lot better than the Old World.

Their new texture painting software helped them add a lot more texture variety to the ground in Pandaria.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    I

There's a reason it's the Emerald Dream and not Azeroth Prime.
    Really?

The Emerald Dream (also known as the Dream of Creation,[1] Green Dream[2] or simply the Dream[3]) is a vast, ever-changing spirit world, that exists outside the boundaries of the physical world,[1] and is the verdant realm of the Dragon Aspect Ysera.
    The Emerald Dream is basically how the world would have been, if intelligent beings had not altered its surface
    What suggests it's ALL green?

Deleted
    I thought MoP did them wonderfully. A lot better than the Old World.

Their new texture painting software helped them add a lot more texture variety to the ground in Pandaria.
    Yeah but looking at other MMOs on the market they are falling behind. Example:
    WoW

Rift

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Yeah but looking at other MMOs on the market they are falling behind. Example:
    WoW

Rift
    Rift looks horrible. Maybe it's just the lighting, but that looks like EQ2-quality graphics there.

Deleted
    If I am honest I have always found WoW's unique aesthetics far more pleasing than almost every other MMORPG, GW2 a close second

Deleted
    If I am honest I have always found WoW's unique aesthetics far more pleasing than almost every other MMORPG, GW2 a close second
    Aestheticly they could must surely pull it off. Just don't go too close to it, suddenly the square forms appear

- - - Updated - - -

Rift looks horrible. Maybe it's just the lighting, but that looks like EQ2-quality graphics there.
    I think it is the grey that does it, there is a point where the greyscale actually makes really good graphical fidelity look old. Also that isn't taken with Rift full potentiel.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, the Dream is every climate imaginable, with a healthy dose of magic, so you'd get lots of weird stuff you wouldn't see on Azeroth.

I'd love to see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I'd probably be interested in seeing The Dream one day, but not this soon.

Also, the Emerald Dream doesn't necessarily need to be a copy of typical Azerothian landscapes.

10+ Year Old Account
    That is a terrible example of Rift. It looks ALOT better on my PC.
    Aye mate