spoils of pandaria 10m

Can someone give me an idea of about what is the minimum dps, needed for a raid to down it before the enrage? My guild is struggling on it, alot of standing in $hit, but also seems that things are dieing too slowly, we do the 2 pandas>1 massive>everything else strat, im waiting on my RL to post the logs from last night. When he does I will link them.

Thanks

Deleted
    I think if you got this far you shouldn't really have issues with dps. Are people picking up the panda buffs?
    Probably need to open a bit faster. When I'm tanking I usually do 2 pandas > 1 big one (plus perhaps a couple small ones depending on group) > other big one > anything I can click on fast enough that is needed;

In our guild we found it a lot easier to kill the mobs in this order: 2 pandas > 1 massive > 1 massive > medium. Also remember to keep the medium mobs out of the red clouds that heals. Forgetting that can easily wipe the raid.

Deleted
    For Mogu side we found this to be the best order.

Pandas x2 (these can be opened before the other boxes become active so do these fast).
    Large x2
    Small x4
    Medium x6 (open 2 at a time and always focus the golem down first).

You want to open as many boxes as you can handle, to really benefit multidotting/cleave. We lust on the second large on mogu side as this allows you to have 2 minute cooldowns back up if you pop them on the pandas. If you do it this way you should open two medium boxes inbetween the larges.

For mantid you can do the exact strategy, or if you struggle with winds etc then just open 2 medium only and 16 small.

Deleted
    1.1m dps should suffice. Also getting two bosses down might require less dps. Start with 2 pandas, pop CD on first boss, opening some smaller boxes and open another boss when CDs are back up.

The dps check on this fight isn't that severe. The key is to open as many boxes as you safely can and never ever have any downtime. You need to have a person designated to open boxes and a good understanding of your plan. For reference we had 1.3m dps and beat the timer by 45 seconds at a guess.

Letting the anima dude heal also puts strain on the dps check.

The first time you do this boss the timer seems really tight.
    after that first time though you really start to breeze through this fight. I think the last time we did it we had like 60+ seconds on both parts and we're not even that good.

The key is to get the panda buffs up asap, make sure to get them on both sides as they only have a 3 minute duration!
    Then just make sure you are constantly opening boxes at a comfortable rate. If you are only doing single target dps (besides maybe on the large bosses, but you should be opening the small boxes around them too) you are doing it wrong. There should always be things to aoe.

This fight makes you hate the other side lol it's crazy. Took us 2 nights of wiping the first time and then the week after only 2 wipes so once you get it down, it's very repeatable. Here's my tips, sorry if some of them are obvious/you know already.

Open panda box, open the 2nd panda box as that ones dying. If you are in the mogu room, and you have any cleave type dps, always open a small box with everything else, it should be easily killable. If it's an urn obviously everyone needs to switch. After the two buff boxes we usually open the first boss, kill that but try NOT opening the 2nd boss just yet. Go around opening small and medium boxes and kill the 2nd boss in like 1-2 minutes when people have their cds back from killing the first boss, this really helps.

As for standing in shit you have to kill Kuchongs fast or they cover the room in crap, so like if its urn on mogu side or kuchong on mantid you have to focus that 100%. The wind add is quite annoying I always get 1 tick of that dmg but everything else is pretty avoidable. People with mantid bombs need to run off and put them at the side, people need to stand into the red beams when Matter Swap comes, and you should have someone dispell the enrage off the Warcaller add because the debuff it puts on the tank lasts over a minute it's pretty nasty. When the dps pandaren comes out, get the melee to stand to it's side, because he's going to charge a range and drop those nasty flowers. That's about all the stuff you can stand in really.

Try to make sure your two sides are as balanced as possible for dps but remember the mogu side will always be done first as it's less hectic in there and during the mantid bosses your range are doing a lot of running back and forth placing bombs so they don't get as much dps time. And remember you can send one person over to help out if a side is done super fast.

Quote Originally Posted by bals View Post
    If you are only doing single target dps (besides maybe on the large bosses, but you should be opening the small boxes around them too) you are doing it wrong. There should always be things to aoe.
    This isn't true. Opening a lot of boxes makes things very chaotic and it can be especially difficult for healers. Our dps is not amazing and we do both massives alone, and then can essentially chain open boxes with no issue. We finish with 1+ minutes left on the timers with a 545 average ilvl.

Quote Originally Posted by hugsofdeath View Post
    Can someone give me an idea of about what is the minimum dps, needed for a raid to down it before the enrage? My guild is struggling on it, alot of standing in $hit, but also seems that things are dieing too slowly, we do the 2 pandas>1 massive>everything else strat, im waiting on my RL to post the logs from last night. When he does I will link them.

Thanks
    your raid leader is not going to post the logs publicly because we already know that at least one thing we need to fix is healer two standing in things, and in the absence of standing in things, finding other things to stand in.

that is all.
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

Quote Originally Posted by judgementofantonidas View Post
    your raid leader is not going to post the logs publicly because we already know that at least one thing we need to fix is healer two standing in things, and in the absence of standing in things, finding other things to stand in.

that is all.
    Must be a terrible raid leader to be so against transparency and logs based advice. You wouldn't happen to know who it is by any chance?

10+ Year Old Account
    I'll assume you're talking about normal.

The major factor here is your box opening speed.

Certain key points:
    - no downtime
    - don't overwhelm (get a feel for your available DPS, tank survivability and healer capability)
    - use both big boxes
    - get Panda buffs up ASAP
    - have a plan

I as a tank also choose to open all of the boxes on my side, I am on the side where we start on Mantid first, my plan is:
    - rush down, open the closest monk box, get threat
    - other player (or me, whoever is fastest) opens 2nd monk box
    - zerg both monks
    - open small + big next to former position of 2nd monk box
    - go through the room anti clockwise opening every box that I pass until the particular small that completes 50 energy precisely, this route includes both bigs, a number of mediums and a reasonable amount of smalls

I follow a similar plan for the Mogu side that we head to next, have a starting point near 2nd monk box and go in a direction that includes both bigs.

Our side usually finishes with 100-120 seconds remaining on both Mogu and Mantid, in contrast, our other side who tends to wing it usually finishes 15-60 seconds later despite usually having a stronger DPS team.

It also helps to be a brewmaster with RJW.

The key is just to never have any downtime, that's really it. Unfortunately this all comes down to how good your tanks are at being proactive and my guild has a pair of rather passive tanks. It came down to having to put myself and another vocal player who is really good at pushing the tanks (re: bitching at them a lot) to keep them moving.

We generally do the 2 massive, 6 meds, rest smalls strategy, but we found it easier on the mantid side to space the minibosses apart so that way the bombs from the first massive had all disappeared by the time we opened the second one. This way your ranged DPS and healer don't have to move as far to drop the bomb. Also note that these bombs only target ranged so if one side has a healer that doesn't have a lot of mobility, try to put more ranged on that side.

Depending on how good your ranged AoE is as well, we found it just easier to ignore the mogu statues and sparks that spawned from the mini boss and urns. As a destro lock I placed down a few RoFs over them to slowly whittle them down. If their numbers started to get a bit too high then I'd just FnB to get em all down.

On top of that when fighting a massive, just pop a few small boxes beside them, then have your tank drag their ball of mobs to the next few crates he wants to open. There should never be any down time--when the current mobs that you're fighting are down to 20%, your tank should be ready to open the next set of crates.
    Last edited by Naela; 2013-10-17 at 01:14 AM.