Poll: Mount/Pet drop in raid

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Mount/Pet drop question

How does everyone feel about GMs and officers getting mount/pet priority over the rest of the guild when a mount/pet drops in a raid.

Well sounds like your guild sucks. We just roll on whatever we want when it comes to stuff like that.
    "Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." Except if you're playing legion xd
    Quote Originally Posted by Nyoken View Post
    The day I die I want the shaman class developers to lower me into my grave so they can let me down one last time.......

We free roll on mounts, but we're usually farming them long enough for everyone to get one (on the heroic guaranteed drop mounts).

10+ Year Old Account
    That's really shitty. We free roll on everything, but make sure to help whoever out to get whatever it is that the like, no problem farming for weeks to make sure everyone is happy. Guilds are suppose to help each other out after all.

10+ Year Old Account
    My GM/Co-tank already meets his GM privilege quota by having me res him after I run back almost every wipe, next time I'm cremating his corpse dammit.

10+ Year Old Account
    We free roll mounts, but for pets we prioritize pet collectors first (players who have 500+ pets). And it's also required to level a pet to 25 within a week after acquiring it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lethora View Post
    We free roll mounts, but for pets we prioritize pet collectors first (players who have 500+ pets). And it's also required to level a pet to 25 within a week after acquiring it.
    I like that. My first raiding guild experience was a GM that would always take the mounts and ran a loot council system. Needless to say, this scarred me and I've been pretty much put off on real raiding (though did meet some studdly people afterwards in raiding guilds).
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

We always free-roll stuff like that. We could pass a pet for our RL though, since she loves that stuff much more than any of us do

Deleted
    We are 10m guild, raidleader always roll (1-10) and so we decide winner. (we did this once with ji-kun mount)
    We now also have option to offer gold for the mount, and split the money in the raid, if everyone agrees (never happend tho)
    Last edited by mmoc8ce8a40469; 2013-10-16 at 12:29 PM.

High Overlord
    10+ Year Old Account
    If it's a 1% drop chance Mount/Pet I think it should be free roll for everyone to be fair. If it's a 100% drop chance Mount like Heroic Ragnaros (when current), Heroic Deathwing (when current), and Heroic Garrosh then I don't have too much issue with the GM/Officers getting the first few. When it's a 100% drop chance every week and you're going to be farming it then you'll get it eventually anyway.

In the past for my Guild we've rolled out the 1% drop chance Mounts/Pets for everyone. Then the 100% drop chance Mounts have usually gone down in seniority. Obviously GM/Officers are usually high on seniority anyway being in the Guild the longest.

We just free-roll mounts. Whoever gets it wins it.
    ||i5 3570k @ 4.4GHz||H100 push/pull||AsRock Z77 Extreme4||16Gb G.Skill Ripjaws 1600MHz||Gigabyte Windforce GTX 970|| Coolermaster Storm Trooper||Corsair TX850 Enthusiast Series||Samsung 840 Pro 128gb(boot drive)||1TB WD HDD, 2x 3TB WD HDD, 2TB WD HDD||

Bdk Nagrand / Astae Nagrand
    Pokemon X FC: 4656-7679-2545/Trainer Name: Keno

Seems like I'm not the only one who thinks that is stupid then.

10+ Year Old Account
    No. Every regular member of the raid should have equal priority. We always open roll among reserved raid members, the only people excluded are non-regular subs.

I think one time in the history of ever we gave some cool reward to our raid leader first as a thank you for the thankless job, but that was (a) decided by the entire raid minus him in advance and (b) an anomaly.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Evil Inside View Post
    We just free-roll mounts. Whoever gets it wins it.
    This, has been like this in the 3 guilds I've been in since Classic.

Deleted
    Fuck no

I don't mind raid or guild leaders getting priority on something like a 100% drop mount, since by the end of the tier, most if not all of your entire raid will have it. If it's a low dropchance mount, no way.
    By principle alone I'd be pretty pissed, if they can't treat their members as fair participating members of a raid then there will likely be other issues within that guild as well.

Like the majority of drops, people do an open roll so everyone gets a fair chance. I don't see how anyone would want to be in a guild who doesn't, honestly. How is that fair to everyone else? I find it pretty silly.

Deleted
    I dont know if they should always get priority, but if I am in a guild I would have no problems if the officers got priority since they did put in more effort. I see it as a nice gesture of appreciation towards to officers for the work they put into the guild tbh.

If I am an officer, I would not expect to get priority. I am not the one to feel entitlement to anything. But in a guild back in Cata that I was raid leader in 25 man guild + responsible for writing up in-depth tactic guides for the entire guild, something that took hours and hours of my time, the guild decided to give me a mount that dropped for my hard work. I really appreciated that.

If I am a member I would almost want to give say a mount or whatever to an officer/raid leader to once again just give them a positive feedback and tell them to keep up the good work.
    Last edited by mmoc4d8e5d065a; 2013-10-16 at 07:27 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly33 View Post
    -snip-
    Fair enough if everyone voted to give it to said person, but if a gm/officers take a 1% drop mount, then no one that isn't an officer will EVER get it.

Also, In my guild we are told to look up strats, so I wouldn't say our gm/officers do that. And there are people that are officers just because they are friends with the GM. So there is that as well.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Mush View Post
    Fair enough if everyone voted to give it to said person, but if a gm/officers take a 1% drop mount, then no one that isn't an officer will EVER get it.

Also, In my guild we are told to look up strats, so I wouldn't say our gm/officers do that. And there are people that are officers just because they are friends with the GM. So there is that as well.
    Yeah, I am mainly talking about the 100% drop chance mounts like LK25HC mount was, or Garrosh Heroic mount is now etc.
    The mounts that you know everyone will get, that it is just a matter of time.
    The 1% mounts should imo be rolled unless the guild agrees on giving it to someone.