Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Chaozu View Post
    We have over 6 months left until the next expansion, plenty of time to obtain one for your main and a couple for your alts. Especially since you have two chances a week, one in flex and one in normal/heroic.

Also the numbers on WoWhead shouldn't be trusted yet, 430 kills isn't even close to a large enough number to get a good estimation of what the drop-rate is.
    Except people that raid normal/heroic do not want a crappy Flex weapon.

10+ Year Old Account
    Another 4 heirlooms dropped last night. These things are way too common.

15+ Year Old Account
    In, I think, 8 kills of Garrosh across difficulties I've seen a total of 3 heirlooms drop, all of them happened yesterday.
    Random? Probably

Interesting how you both said it, maybe they bumped the droprate this week.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Do you get a random heirloom? Or is it tied to spec in some way?

0 heirlooms on our last 10-man kill.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    First drop is tied to your loot spec, after that it is supposed to be random.
    You can try to fit me in a box, only to see me burst out of it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Got caster staff on first kill in Flex. It appears to count as separate loot when you make the kill, as I also won the cloth caster hood at the same time, without using a coin. Think it is the only time I have seen x2 loot from a boss outside normal raids without coining.

Quote Originally Posted by Delaios View Post
    First one is tied to spec, if youre lucky enough to get another, its random. I believe this is across all difficulties.. eg. if you first kill garrosh in lfr as healer, you will get a 1h or shield if you can use it, that has healer stats.. if you then kill in flex or normal, its random.. apparently someone in my guild has now killed garrosh twice outside our normal weekly raids, and they have 2 items. go figure.. rng in full effect..

Quote Originally Posted by Reyzzz View Post
    0 heirlooms on our last 10-man kill.

- - - Updated - - -

First drop is tied to your loot spec, after that it is supposed to be random.
    Well that blows. Really awful design when you have certain weapon types that are only used by one class (bows, agility daggers . The weapons themselves aren't better than 2/2 normal weapons and all they have going for them are their account-wide status. That makes the two-handed axe and caster staff much more desirable.

They do scale in the next expansion (assuming by the tooltip), but I can't see them being any better than a normal dungeon drop at equivalent level.

Deleted
    We get 3 or 4 a week in 25man. Seems fine to me.

15+ Year Old Account
    we had two on our firstkill two days ago (10 man)... both warlocks and both the staff. funny as it is, one of them already had a warforged+8, aka a 567 staff... so he isn't even gonna use it...

10+ Year Old Account
    They arnt a must have weapons. They are bait to get you to stay the whole teir without canceling your sub. They are a low drop rate for that reason. The longer you go without it the better it is for blizzard. Sorry to tell you they didn't add them to be nice to you. They added them to bait you.

Facts hurt!
    Last edited by Airwaves; 2013-10-22 at 12:26 PM.
    Aye mate

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Raiju View Post
    Interesting how you both said it, maybe they bumped the droprate this week.
    No, it's been consistently like that for every kill for us. Maybe we've just been collectively very lucky *shrug*

Deleted
    Definitely not 1% drop rate, I see atleast 2-3 players in my 25man raid every week when we kill Garrosh getting heirlooms items. The drop rate just isn't ridiculously high.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    Blizzard loves to Blizzard loves to say things like, yes they are low drop rates but once you get the item you have been trying for it will mean that much more to you. Well Blizzard that is bull shit, I have 53 kills counting lfr, flex normal and Heroic modes and I still don’t have a fucking healing shield form a raid boss. The RNG in this game is bull shit and Blizzard knows it, makes me wonder how all of the top guilds seem to get the gear they need off of the first couple attempts while the rest of us have to limp on with crafted crap?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Rurts View Post
    Rare? Man, you'll be farming that bastard for the next 9 months AT THE VERY LEAST, more likely 10-12. You'll get 2 of everything, for every alt ever created and then some.
    no way they're not gonna make us spend a year again on one raid, they learned their lesson

expect an expansion release in late q1/early q2 2014

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Shockzilla View Post
    Blizzard loves to Blizzard loves to say things like, yes they are low drop rates but once you get the item you have been trying for it will mean that much more to you. Well Blizzard that is bull shit, I have 53 kills counting lfr, flex normal and Heroic modes and I still don’t have a fucking healing shield form a raid boss. The RNG in this game is bull shit and Blizzard knows it, makes me wonder how all of the top guilds seem to get the gear they need off of the first couple attempts while the rest of us have to limp on with crafted crap?
    they raid with alts to equip their main characters

Deleted
    Killed normal Garrosh for the first time this week, received Hellscream's Decapitator. Replaced my old ToT off-hand and made my warrior very happy :P.

I was the only one in the 25 man raid to get an heirloom though.

Deleted
    Top end guilds mix alts with mains on farm bosses so the main characters get more loot spread across 2-3 25man raid teams. That's why.

15+ Year Old Account
    makes me wonder how all of the top guilds seem to get the gear they need off of the first couple attempts while the rest of us have to limp on with crafted crap?
    everyone has 5 chars. make 5 raidgroups out of 20 alts and 5 mains each. all loot from every raid only goes to the 5 main chars, provided that they need it.
    next ID when you finally want to kill garrosh, you just raid with all 25 mains who are pumped with loot.
    when you have the content on farm, you just do this all over again until every char is equipped somehow reasonable, and then you wait for next content.

I started counting in our 10 man

We got 2 drop in our first 10 man kill
    then on the second we got 0
    third had 0 drops aswell
    and the last one dropped 1

However you can not count for the amount of chances because i used only 1 coin on the 4 kills and mine did not drop from the coin.

So 3 from 40 -50 chances looks like about 5-6% chance from that sample.