Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Quote Originally Posted by m777 View Post
    i DISAGGREE

panadas mogu and asien culture made me quit
    And here I thought you quit to focus more on your education
    "Why do all supposed 'centrists' just sound like right wingers?"

"Also, can I just say that I think AOC would absolutely fucking annihilate Greene if Greene ever dared take an actual swing at her?" -- The state of the MMO-C circlejerk.

Deleted
    They were the least-played race in either faction last time I checked, and they're probably getting lore-ignored even harder than the Draenei once their expansion is over, so thankfully I'll soon be able to forget they exist.

Deleted
    Quite like the pandas etc, but the whole lore thing just doesn't fit wow for me at all. I WANT TO LOVE IT!! But I cant.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurf Blurf View Post
    They were the least-played race in either faction last time I checked, and they're probably getting lore-ignored even harder than the Draenei once their expansion is over, so thankfully I'll soon be able to forget they exist.
    this.

Quite like the pandas etc, but the whole lore thing just doesn't fit wow for me at all. I WANT TO LOVE IT!! But I cant.
    and this.

another useless race that doesnt fit to Horde-Alliance and whole WoW. just a playable model with no use in later expansions. Now ony few NPCs and Chinese like tents in capital cities will stay. just another toy for MoP expansion with no use in the future.

and the lore of pandaria maybe interesting, maybe mature but hmmm... it was random, it would fit to any other mmo.
    Last edited by mmoc9f96497ef5; 2013-10-16 at 04:30 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I for one think they could have done a better job. They did do a better job than I had expected, still fell short for me personally.
    I think they introduced the mogu and the mantid much better for example.

Quote Originally Posted by Dald View Post
    And here I thought you quit to focus more on your education
    sound like you got offended ?

soft guy

People are always going to point to the introduction of Pandas and Pokemon as the day WoW officially jumped the shark.

Anytime you need to repeatedly stress that something isn't a joke, odds are it's a bad idea.

Pandas have cost WoW far more customers than they gained.

Blizzard mistakingly thought an Asian themed expansion would solidfy the Chinese market and that the Western audiences would not mind so much.

As it turned out, the Western audience did not receive it well, but many stomached it and played anyway, and the bottom fell out of the Chinese market anyway.

Pandas were a gigantic waste of time.

The only thing that annoys me is that they keep putting this brew thing over and over.

Except for that I'm fine with pandarens.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    The panda culture theme and too much talking during progression made me quit the game especially all the nerfs left and right every 24 hours.

Quote Originally Posted by Caligulove View Post
    id love to see it.
    Wowwiki still had a copy of his post: http://www.wowwiki.com/Metzen_on_lore

BC lore was such a mess with draenei and spaceships. Nowadays the biggest slip up you'll see is the seven heads/six sha thing after borrowing the story from Diablo (which of course they fixed by tacking on Sha of Pride)
    Last edited by DetectiveJohnKimble; 2013-10-16 at 05:35 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaqwert View Post
    Pandas were a gigantic waste of time.
    So many Panda-defenders jumped out there when they were announced, telling us how EVERYONE begged for pandas to be a player race for years. And yet here we sit, at the end of the expansion, and they're WoW's least popular race.

With the exception of the "daily grind" upon release, this expansion has been pretty solid overall. I think my biggest surprise was how monks were introduced. After the launch Death Knight fiasco I was very concerned with addition of new classes, but monks worked out amazingly.

My recollection is that Pandaren NPCs just appeared, in 5.0, a month before MOP was released, no explanation, nothing, this previously unknown race was everywhere from main cities to starter zone villages to make matters worse you could not interact with any of these Pandaren NPCs that had turned up over night until MOP was actually released. Honestly I do not think that is a particularly good way to introduce a race.

What happened to majority of the wow sub base wanting panda's, oh there was a movie about pandas and suddenly there immature. No a few years ago people were all for the idea of pandas, maybe not a whole expansion pack devoted to them but nonetheless pandas. Now people trash them and want it to be over saying they don't belong, hell they helped orgrimmar survive. Cut them a break blizzard had probably had this expansion planned out well before the first kung fu panda movie even existed. Lets give them some credit where credit is due, they have amazing story, the way they implemented way great, and by all means they look great.

Quote Originally Posted by Gnome View Post
    I can say that the Pandaren race has a strong foothold in Azeroth.
    They explained the history of the Pandare race through gameplay much better than they did with the Draenei, Goblin and Worgen race.
    And in my opinion, it was a really mature story that was being told to us. I'm so happy with the Pandaren, it's one of my favorite race.
    I still have no idea where they came from... Something about an island covered in mist that has pandas on it for some reason...

I should read quests.