Page 14 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    There are very few posters here who I'm convinced think this is genuinely a bad idea, because only one, possibly 2 have convinced me they've looked at this properly from all the angles and still don't like it.

maybe I'm being stubborn, but this seems a catastrophical change if you're looking at it the wrong way, there are very few ways this can actually work and work well, but you have to see it, tkae the time to read and consider what's been said first, I'm not convinced many opposers are actually doing that.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    maybe I'm being stubborn, but this seems a catastrophical change if you're looking at it the wrong way
    No, it looks like a boring and unimaginative choice - one that isn't wanted nor needed.

But on the positive side, the chances of it happening is pretty much zero.

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post
    No, it looks like a boring and unimaginative choice - one that isn't wanted nor needed.

that was the positive side?

10+ Year Old Account
    There are very few posters here who I'm convinced think this is genuinely a bad idea, because only one, possibly 2 have convinced me they've looked at this properly from all the angles and still don't like it.

maybe I'm being stubborn, but this seems a catastrophical change if you're looking at it the wrong way, there are very few ways this can actually work and work well, but you have to see it, tkae the time to read and consider what's been said first, I'm not convinced many opposers are actually doing that.
    What a disgustingly condescending attitude and that's all there is to say on the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Miuku View Post

even though i'm convinced it's a necessary development, I might have agreed with you if it was given as 1 of 2 new races, but the context this could ever be presented as would be as one of quite a number of sub races. I would not find the story boring or unimaginative if it involved a forsaken cure of some sort or a vampire story.

Besides I think giving humans to the horde and in this way is quite imaginative, it's unthinkable, no one would have thought of that, but when you follow the logic through, it actually makes a lot of sense, it reminds me of the time blood elves were made horde, it seemed the unthinkable then too, but at the time it made a lot of sense once it was presented, not everyone liked the move (and this is actually less controversial than that was since Elves had never joined the horde and humans had done so twice, with Alterac and with the Forsaken), but it was a huge success and solved a serious problem.
    Last edited by Mace; 2013-10-30 at 04:02 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    What a disgustingly condescending attitude and that's all there is to say on the matter.
    Glad to see I have my own character police, I feel like a celebrity. I don't need a fanfare Rumaya, but I'm flattered. Howz things?

London Irish ftw

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people say there is no way a human would join the horde or an orc would join the alliance? There is no way a Klingon would join Starfleet but Worf did it. Why can't there be some quest, it could be a really hard quest, along the lines of a legendary or something, that a character can complete that would allow them to hop to the other faction, no matter what their race is. So maybe it would be rare to see an Orc welcomed in Stormwind. Hell it happened in EQ, it was hard as hell but you could be a dark elf and be welcomed in east freeport. Some people would still treat you like crap, but whatever.

Adds an interesting depth to the game I think, especially if you put it behind a quest like that. It could even line up with lore as you burning your allegiance with one faction to join the other, and you could never go back. As a whole, yes, Humans won't join the Horde, but one human betraying his kind to bend the knee to Vol'jin? Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by rumaya2000 View Post
    don't mind him buddy, you've got a lot more support on this than when forum posters started suggesting blood elves join the horde, yet it was leaked, then confirmed with an announcement. you should have seen the forum wars then, and then the overwhelming support when it became clear they weren't changing their mind.

I don't expect blizzard to do this, but if they did, I'd be 100% for it. But hey, who cares what I think, how I thought about playable horde blood elves was irrelevant, what happened happened for their own reasons, their own choices

10+ Year Old Account
    Glad to see I have my own character police, I feel like a celebrity. I don't need a fanfare Rumaya, but I'm flattered. Howz things?

London Irish ftw
    Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    don't mind him buddy, you've got a lot more support on this than when forum posters started suggesting blood elves join the horde, yet it was leaked, then confirmed with an announcement. you should have seen the forum wars then, and then the overwhelming support when it became clear they weren't changing their mind.

I don't expect blizzard to do this, but if they did, I'd be 100% for it. But hey, who cares what I think, how I thought about playable horde blood elves was irrelevant, what happened happened for their own reasons, their own choices
    The idea, as terrible as it is, isn't my current issue. It's Ravenmoon's breathtaking arrogance in ignoring anyone opposing him on the grounds that he thinks virtually anyone who actually reads his idea loves it. So if you didn't love it you didn't read it and your opinion doesn't count.

In fact he encourages you to read it again so you'll get it this time!

How else is such an approach to be described except as disgustingly condescending?

Friday week we have Blizzcon, the shocking (it won't be) NON implementation of your ideas and hopefully this can go back into the crackpot for another two years until you both decide to peddlie it again before expansion 6.
    Last edited by Obelisk Kai; 2013-10-30 at 04:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Ailyara View Post
    Why do people say there is no way a human would join the horde or an orc would join the alliance? There is no way a Klingon would join Starfleet but Worf did it. Why can't there be some quest, it could be a really hard quest, along the lines of a legendary or something, that a character can complete that would allow them to hop to the other faction, no matter what their race is. So maybe it would be rare to see an Orc welcomed in Stormwind. Hell it happened in EQ, it was hard as hell but you could be a dark elf and be welcomed in east freeport. Some people would still treat you like crap, but whatever.

Adds an interesting depth to the game I think, especially if you put it behind a quest like that. It could even line up with lore as you burning your allegiance with one faction to join the other, and you could never go back. As a whole, yes, Humans won't join the Horde, but one human betraying his kind to bend the knee to Vol'jin? Why not?
    I agree, but you know what people are like, it's hard when you're set one way, to be accommodating to change even good change, besides I suspect that some of the nay sayers are just looking at the title, and thinking.. "give alliance humans to the horde..wtf! No way" and not bothering to read the rest or even consider. It's a forum, instant knee jerk reactions are quite common, and some are far more prepared to give you their opinion first without giving your proposal a fair hearing.

I mean, blizzard breaks all these imagined rules all the time. Fans make these things as taboo rules, it's fans that say humans can never join the horde, not blizzard - and this is despite many people pointing out in this topic that it has happened twice before, several times over, yet how many people do you see still return to the post and write "no, it can never happen, it would ruin the laws of warcraft, humans can never join the horde" - wanna bet they were paying attention? Score 1 for blanket statements.

Keep the smelly humans OUT of my horde.

I like my uglies as they are. We got the nice little Belf people if we want to look good.

is it wrong to say I'm finding Rumaya quite attractive /blush.

I have you to thank for my latest involvement in warcraft Ruma, if it wasn't for trying to reach out to you in the high elf thread, I would have done what I do every few weeks/months, just glanced at the MMO forums, seen what's up and moved on.

whiles normally it's true, that if you get no opposition you're doing something wrong, angst over warcraft is not really the sort of thing I would want to contend with someone over.

10+ Year Old Account
    Chewbacca is a Wookiee from the planet Kashyyyk. But Chewbacca lives on the planet Endor. Now think about it... that does not make sense!

Why would a Wookiee, an 8-foot-tall Wookiee, want to live on Endor, with a bunch of 2-foot-tall Ewoks? That does not make sense!

If Chewbacca lives on Endor, you must let humans join the horde.

The defense rests.

Uh, guys? You lost? Stormwind is that way.

Stormwind? that's so yesterday, Lordaeron's back baby.. this way!

Quote Originally Posted by Mace View Post
    Stormwind? that's so yesterday, Lordaeron's back baby.. this way!
    It's just so hip, people are dying to get in!

Edit 1:

On a slightly more serious note, you wouldn't have to un-undead-ify (re-liven?) many forsaken for this to work. Just enough to have a few ambasadors who can reach out to living survivors of Lorderon or independent groups, and have them form the bulk of the Human membership of the Horde.

To be honest, I'm kinda surprised this never happened with ex-members of the Cult of the Damned after Arthas bit it.

If you want some nice drama in the mix, have Sylvanas take off on some quest (maybe she things she found a way to get true physical immortality) and leave UC in the hands of someone else with a more open additude toward the living. Could actually be interesting if you had Sylvanas come back (at the end of the expansion) and throw a hissy fit.

Edit 2:

I kinda like the idea the more I think about it. Give the Living Lorderonians unique voice work and visual distinction (freaky face tattoos, peicings, scars, crazy hair and skin tones) and you could have them move into upper Lorderon. Where do new forsaken come from? When one of the Horde-Human dies, he gets raised up and just moves back into his old place and none of his neighbors worry about it since they plan on doing that themselves.

Could add more variety too, if the forsaken started gaining more non-human/elf membership. Undead gnolls, trolls, gnomes, etc.
    Last edited by Darmalus; 2013-10-30 at 07:28 PM.

Humans in the Horde? I'd like that as much as I'd like orcs in the Alliance. That is to say not at all.

10+ Year Old Account
    Come to think of it, everyone I know who is in the horde is a human.

I know it sounds really way out there, but before you write the first thing that comes to your mind, STOP a sec, actually think about it and imagine.

this will help, don't think that these are alliance humans joining the horde. Think of this as humans being playable on the horde. I know this isn't easy to think of it like this, but try.

Let me know how you feel about this, why you feel the way that you feel - before you attack the notion of the idea.

It will hlep if you think of the forsaken being the source of the humans. In my version, some of the undead human forsaken somehow get cured, not all of them. It also helps to remember that they really do hate the alliance, so they're loyal to the horde, but also to bear in mind, hating the alliance doesn't mean they're evil, and it's quite possible to write good roles for them, a story of redemption, loyally forsaken, but different because of this transformation.

How will you feel about playing this kind of human on the horde, how do you feel it will affect the game? This is not a proposal topic, it's an exploration one, imagine what if. There are reasons i will share later I do think this will benefit the video game, but I'd like to hear your thoughts.
    Maybe have another source of humans besides cured forsaken. I do think it would benefit the game as well though.

Quote Originally Posted by Ailyara View Post
    Come to think of it, everyone I know who is in the horde is a human.