Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    More awkward than when Asia overgeared Garrosh-10H.
    Stay salty my friends.

10+ Year Old Account
    It would make no sense at all. Wasn't Warcraft in its early stages mostly focussed 'Orcs vs Humans'? So from a lore standpoint it would be very weird.

Gameplay as well. There are hardly any differences between factions outside of cosmetics, as it is.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynneiah View Post
    You mean they'd join the people who are the reason Stormwind is incapable of helping them? Also, where would they live?
    And I feel Blood Elves are a better candidate for a Horde race to join the Alliance, while we're on that topic.
    Well yes, because SW is not incapable of helping them because of the Horde, SW is incapable of helping them because of a corrupt regime of nobles in power besides Varian. Remember, when we get to Westfall, the army has money and stuff to build their giant stronghold yet the people eat mud pies. That is the difference in living conditions. Some live in a golden tower so to say while others live in the dirt making pies out of said dirt. Vanessa van Cleef was right to start a revolution, which is why I felt bad when I killed her. She wanted to help the people reclaim the power. So did vanCleef to a certain extent.

Bloodsail Admiral
    10+ Year Old Account
    i would create one and let him die over and over and over and over and over kill that damn Humans!

Past time they gave faction choice at character creation. Sure it would mean making 12 new starter zones. Oh noes.

Likewise with classes.

Just impose XP penalty for non "race/class" combos. Gnome hunter? Sure but you earn XP at 50% rate. Night elf warlock? Could easily happen (has already if you think about it) but XP is earned at 25% rate.

ANd yeah a new starter zone for those orcs that would turn against the horde (hey maybe they were young recruits in Garrosh's army and decided he was a psycho and they left the horde, and are since forsaken by the "new horde" or w/e comes after..

I'm not trying to say "how" they could happen, ultimately that would be Blizzards decision; theres so many reasons a member of one of the races could be fighting for the enemy.
    Last edited by AeneasBK; 2013-10-17 at 12:25 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalcker View Post
    Posting here is primarily a way to strengthen your own viewpoint against common counter-arguments.

Battlegrounds would quickly become 90% human, 10% Whatever VS 80% Human, 18% Undead, 2% Whatever.

I would go human instantly if they joined the Horde. I don't like the models and find them rather bland, but you cannot deny the power of the inbuilt PvP trinket.

Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    I would be pissed, I hate (wow) humans.
    i suspect that's because of the goofy models, I have no fundness for those, but new models are incoming quite soon, so when you imagining this exercise, just imagine decent human models will be used.

Also don't think of these humans as being alliance humans, human they be, but it's not those alliancey humans, this guys have different attitudes, and they're badass - not necessarily evil or wicked, but cool.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by melak View Post
    Doubt any alliance player would want to join the horde, i mean just look at ogrimmar... such a swinefarm :P
    are you an alliance player? how do you feel about this? remember it's not stormwind humans, not alliance humans. I suspect for some people, the company they keep matters, even ast blood evles, tehy don't fancy surrounded by orcs, trolls, gobs, tauren, and thus avoid horde, but how would you feel about the whole idea even if you won't necessary switch, bear in mind now, it you'd have living humans and blood elves aomgnst orcs, tauren , trolls
    Last edited by ravenmoon; 2013-10-17 at 12:40 PM.

I try my hardest to pretend humans don't exist in this game as it is. I don't want to be forced to see them on my faction (they're one of the main reasons I don't play Alliance, not kidding).

The males have this perpetual look on their face like they just forgot something.

Quote Originally Posted by Khaza-R View Post
    Would hate it.

I would rather they just get rid of factions completely since they would just be arbitrary at that point.
    are you saying you would hate it becasue factions would be arbitary? or you hate i for another reasons, and shoudl it happen they should just get rid of factions?

your input would be much appreciated.

My thoughts are that factions won't be arbitary at all, and still be quite distinct, this is not alliance humans going on the horde, even if the same "newe models for humans" is used, these would be forsaken, made living again somehow, their identity is still horde and their philosphy different, sort of like blood elves and high elves, point is forsaken are around, therefore this sort of human won't make factions any more or less indistinct. It is a really good lore opprtunity, I did a whole topic on exploring how vital it is from a gaming perspective - but here I want to here, your thoughts.

Deleted
    From a lore perspective, I could see it happening, like for example, the Defias wanting to join the Horde because of their hatred to alliance, or the Goblins/Tauren/Blood Elves joining the Alliance because of the Siege of Orgrimmar and wanting steadiness.

Gameplay: Not at all, think it would be weird, Orcs vs. Humans is a major theme of the game

Quote Originally Posted by Lumineus View Post
    Eh.

It would be interesting if you could have Forsaken in different stages of decay (shouldn't Forsaken DKs be indistinguishable from Human ones?) but it's probably beyond the ability of WoW's database to give the required number of character customization options.
    Mace and I thought exactly the same thing, it would be one way of distinguishing these guys physically slightly from alliance human models, since they would be using the alliancee human model. Decay degree would be an extra feature, you can go from no decay degree, to alot, it would be something like the night elf femal face paint option. Mace made an excellent visualisation of this, did you see the movie Twilight? When the vampires faces get hit, they kind of crack, it looks really cool, that could be decay that shows from no cracks, to small cracks to a completely cracked face.

And yeah, I agree Forsaken DKs should be indistinguishable from Human ones, but you know blizzard, they either didn't think, or at the time, were still concerned about silhouetes being different.

The Horde is a proud and noble collection of races, we do not want the corrupt humans infesting our ranks.
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

Deleted
    Fuck the humans! Give me the Worgen!

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnome View Post
    You can already play a dead human on Horde, isn't that enough and cool enough?
    You're saying it like humans are cool..., they are not, and Forsaken (undeads) are really COOL! so don't dare to compare them!

if they would have the same racial as the alliance-humans. DEAL

All races should have a quest chain to leave their faction and join the others.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Winter Blossom View Post
    The Horde want nothing to do with your sharp edges and disco dancing....no.
    im sure horde would love bopping to a bit of this lol

Sick of looking at human females everywhere i walk on my alliance character, at least on my horde ones i get can have a break.

Humans in the horde ? Hell no...

Quote Originally Posted by Falu View Post
    Lore-wise, having humans side / join the Horde is not a problem... there are plenty of human factions,( known, and I'm guessing also unknown), that do not side with any faction, and could easily join the Horde under certain circumstances... In addition.. some human factions are hostile towards the Alliance, and could asociate thememselves with the Horde due to having a shared enemy, or perhaps, a secret schemy plot that requires the Horde to unfold... (interesting )
    That's even without mentioning the multi-racial factions in WoW (Cenarion Circle, Argent Crusade, Shattered Hand Offensive etc. etc.), that have humans in them and could and did ally themselves with the Horde (and alliance) on multiple occassions...
    Also... there are nomadic / solitary humans that could ally themesvles with whomever..
    Basically, it's quite easy to get humans in the Horde, and vice versa, certain Orcs in the Alliance... but why would you ? it would ruin the diversity, mainly game-play wise... if there was a human faction inside the Horde, I'd have it remain an NPC faction, and not as a playable race.

Causing an undead to be so called "cured" (which is infact purified to become a dead corpse, and then ressurected) is pretty much a load of crap...
    thanks for the frankness by the way, I use to have a harder time with living humans on the horde than I did with the forsaken cure. But then, for so many reasons, they seemed the perfect solution to a lot of issues including the huge balance disparity that is driving a lot of development. It also made a lot more sense when I remembered Forsaken are already human, undead ones and the Alterac nation did side with the horde for warcraft 2, - in no way was having humans playable on the horde lore breaking or faction homoegenizing or in anyway more de-stabilizing to the alliance human v orc horde core, because it had been happening since Warcrat 2. The conflict and long sinse seized being human vs orc only, and had been since WC2, been more a human vs orc core, not ALL HUMANS vs orc.

For the undeath cure, didn't seem a far stretch either, afterall forsaken humans one woud never identify with the horde, and in a world where undeath can occure in the first place, it's not had to imagine or even hope for some sort of cure/reversal, largely because I always knew that something like that would happen eventually, from when they came to be in warcraft 3 I never felt the forsaken would be a long term group, we expected something about it,

It would be interesting if faction wasn't tied to race. Maybe you could choose your own faction via reputations. Once you choose to drop your main faction, you're automatically neutral with each of the races. Then as you kill your own kind, you lose faction with one, and gain rep with the alliance. Furthermore, you could choose to join a neutral faction--let's say Argent Dawn--then any player who's friendly with Argent Dawn would in turn view you as friendly. Might be too confusing and difficult to manage for the devs, but it would be quite a wild card!