Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ...
    Deleted

Question

Quote Originally Posted by ravenmoon View Post
    Warriors of Draenor hits, the fanfare and plot of the new expansion that hails back to classic wow roots and the most popular expac TBC is announced, and with it they unveil what some of the new race models look like.

The announcement also follows that each race new model will be launched with some sub races. Orcs getting Mag'har orcs and dragonmaw orcs, but forsaken getting undead elves and humans that look really good (not alliance humans) because they are using new blood elf models humanized (i.e. blood elf models with animation but human ears/eyes/eyebrows/facial hair(men) and some human hairstyles replacing some of the more elven male styles)

Like all sub-races, they are based off models of existing ones and the reason why these humans show up on the forsaken race group is because a dynamic development happened to a fairly large group of undead that found themselves made fully alive again. They waste no time ofc, 6 of the most able rogues who got turned are tasked by the Sylvannas herself to infiltrate the alliance intelligence before the news spreads... and they tell the exciting plot and unveil the mystery behind this over the expansion.

The real reason behind this is because humans are far too popular & are the reason the alliance numbers keep beating the horde almost 60:40 people (esp new subs) keep picking humans despite all efforts made to make horde much more attractive. Rather than keep this bias up, they decided to give the horde a version of humans too as one of the sub-group races

I know to some it sounds really way out there, but before you write the first thing that comes to your mind, STOP a sec, actually think about it and imagine. Don't think of these are alliance humans joining the horde, they are not, they are horde members made living human again. Let me know how you feel about this, why you feel the way that you feel - be open minded

Remember this group are forsaken that got changed back, against their will. They really do hate the alliance for trying to wipe them out when they were undead, so they're loyal to the horde, but also to bear in mind, hating the alliance doesn't mean they're evil, and it's quite possible to write good roles for them, a story of redemption, loyally forsaken, but different because of this transformation.

How will you feel about playing this kind of human on the horde, how do you feel it will affect the game? This is not a proposal topic, it's an exploration one, imagine what if. I will expand on the reasons this will benefit the franchise later, but I'd like to hear your thoughts.
    They don't need to be human, they just need to be undeads who look slightly... Less dead.

Facially they can still be ripped apart, but just make them stand a bit more upright, maybe not symmetrical, maybe wth a few missing limbs.

Make them resembled "zombies" more than undead and they will be equally popular. You just can't actually copy paste a human for lore reasons, but so long as the armour looks good on them, zombies are a sub undead race sounds impressive and like it could be a success.

Litterally I'm just picturing a cleared up version of the sort of zombies that spawn during gluth (the dog, random loot dropper, you jump out the sewer pipe from naxxramas) That you've seen oftern enough in game, they chase you and go "augh, rumph, omph, rahg"

Sub classes sounds really exciting though, and it won't upset players if they keep the old models too.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormtrooperz View Post
    I wouldn't let anyone who played a human into my raid groups.

I hate their models with a burning passion.
    Their models are changing quite soon, you may like the new ones a lot more.
    Secondly, I would rather use humanized versions of the new blood elf models than the new alliance human models, it would help visually highlight their difference. Afterall Northern Europeans look different from Meditarraneans or from Africans, but they're still the same race. So if my source of humans for the horde are Lordaeron citizens who became undead forsaken and got made alive again to living forsaken, I wouldn't have to give them the same models or the same variety of customizations..especially if i wanted to maintain the distinctly different look and feel between horde and alliance as much as possible

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Murdeh View Post
    They don't need to be human, they just need to be undeads who look slightly... Less dead.

snip.
    Agreed, another route could also be some sort of human san'layan (vampire-type) looks human (uses blood elf model modified for humans), but are still not living. Would make a cool sub-group of forsaken too. As long as you have something that looks like human or can pass close enough to it. And i repeat you don't have to use the alliance human model, use a humanized version of the new blood elf model

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Laukkanen View Post
    If people are so vain and superficial that they need to be catered to by being able to play as a human no matter the faction they pick they might as well not pick up the game in the first place. Blizzard should make no effort to reach and satisfy these people in the first place because they're obviously vain enough to disregard an almost 20 year old story line if there's actually people doing what you're founding your entire thesis round.
    good thing you're not in charge of this product and have to ensure it works well and optimally, and you don't have to examine information, statistics, puzzle out difficult problems that affect more than peoples fancies. If you've liked what this company has put up as lore in the past, you'd like how they spin the forsaken human sub-group, don't be so readily opposed to something because it sounds impossible. you should have seen those people opposed to Elves coming from trolls, and that is not as good a move as this is.

And blizzard is a company, they cannot just cater for 30-40 year olds who've been following them from their teen/tween years, you have to plan and accomodate for new players, and you need to attract them and have them fit into both factions. They almost always go human, the interesting lore on how this is possible is specifically designed for the 20 year long fans who know the story, and there have been much weaker story lines for lore changes that have been much bigger than this.

the game and story change. Get over it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Leftcoast 2 blocks from the beach, down the street from a green haze called Venice.
    Honestly, I wish you could pick your race, then pick your faction. So yah Humans on the Horde, I can see it working in lore after all there are lots of humans in every faction in the game besides Horde Player factions. This includes many evil Burning legion aligned horde factions.

Quote Originally Posted by Gothicshark View Post
    Honestly, I wish you could pick your race, then pick your faction. So yah Humans on the Horde, I can see it working in lore after all there are lots of humans in every faction in the game besides Horde Player factions. This includes many evil Burning legion aligned horde factions.
    yep, it is becoming clear to me how many people in this thread don't realize how well they've been managed -- that you wouldn't realize that humans have long since been playing a part in the horde even as playable just shows how well the package manages their perception, because they just don't see it.. but you mention hey.. humans on the horde, it's suddenly lore breaking when it's been happening since WC2..

why does it appear that way? well because they're automatically thinking of alliance humans, the other humans that play a part in teh horde do not strike you as alliance at all because htey're not presented that way. theys truggle with this presentation, because i haven't been successful enough in presenting the horde humans. Because I approached this topic as a developer would assuming most readers would pick up the "construction in place" nature of the proposal and see past humans are alliance.

sometimes words don't do the job well enough as visible presentations - afterall everytime humans were shown in the horde, they were presented, they weren't discussed first in a forum topic posed as a hypothetical situation. i'm still convinced perception is responsible for the most of the naysayers objections and only a handful I am convinced actually genuinely and truly don't like the idea, one of them I am thinking doesn't like it because I presented it and for no other reason.