Page 1 of 3
LastLast
    Deleted

Strongest spec atm?

Hello ppl. Atm I am in dw spec. Everything are good on me(rotation,ench,gems,stats) but I think my numbers are not so good as other classes on 10man runs. Is a good idea to change on unholy? Will be better and stronger dps? Thanks for your time. Cu around.

Frost has been on top since the 522 ilvl benchmark. The main thing you need to know is that we will not always be the top dogs on the meters. This was the case in 522, where we were in the top 5 for DPS. However, times change.

At the 553 ilvl, we see a dramatic shift in the damage output of other classes. Buffs have taken place that make some classes significantly more powerful than they had been before, while others just remain pure DPS and show it on the meters.

In a max-DPS situation, DKs are coming in around 20th in terms of class-spec dmg output. Frost DW is marginally better in SoO because of all the AoE friendly fights, but 2H and Unholy are still relatively close, with Unholy only coming up about 9k less dmg output on average.

Remember, you don't need to top a dps meter to be useful to your guild. Being in the middle of the pack and utilizing a slow or snare when it's needed, or dropping an anti-magic shield and eating 40% of a magical attack that would've otherwise decimated your raid are equally important reasons to bring you along. We make a pretty decent utility class when you consider all of our abilities outside of DPS, so be sure to show your value as a player by making the best use of those as well.

TL;DR: Our DPS has dropped to mid-low in the pack with 5.4 gear. Be useful to your raid outside of just topping meters.

Pickman I just...there's so much wrong with your post it hurts, UH was the strongest spec in Throne (ilvl 522 gear) due to the Fabled Feather of Ji'kun trinket and its interaction with the festerblight play style, but that's irrelevant as that play style is all but dead.

In current tier dw frost is the top deathknight spec but its very reliant on certain gear pieces to be there, namely the amp trinket (from Thok) and at least the 2 set for tier, the CDR Trinket and 4 set giving an extra boost afterwards, until you have those pieces UH generally pulls ahead but
    only marginally and it very much depends on which spec you are more comfortable playing.

As for DK's standings over all, we are mid to high pack through out the instance, every boss has an opportunity to AMS soak practically on CD and a lot of bosses have aoe/cleave components that favour DW frost immensely.
    Last edited by Zeeket; 2013-10-16 at 02:15 PM.

My bad homey, I didn't mean to rustle your jimmies. Barring situations where you're dependent on a single item to provide a big buff to a spec, Frost was pretty beefy in 5.3. Like you said, that golden age is bygone now.

We're both agreeing that Frost DW is our top spec in SoO because of our ability to AoE everything and anything.

I'm basing my point on the overall standing of our class on simcraft stuff I've seen and just personal experience at my raid tier (my guild is mage/lock/shammy heavy), but once you reach your kind of itemization in Heroic things might shift so I don't know.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zeeket View Post
    Pickman I just...there's so much wrong with your post it hurts, UH was the strongest spec in Throne (ilvl 522 gear) due to the Fabled Feather of Ji'kun trinket and its interaction with the festerblight play style, but that's irrelevant as that play style is all but dead.
    Calling a single trinket that allowed us to gimmick (don't get me wrong, I played Festerblight as I got that trinket first night in) isn't a reason to say that Unholy was on top

But I agree with Pickman. We bring a nice amount of utility and flexibility to the raid. Chillblains is fantastic on Nazgrim for snaring assassins and Remorseless Winter stops warshamans from healing. Asphyxiate for Galakras on the bonecrushers. We're quite useful, so being middle-of-the-pack is DPS is less important.

Quote Originally Posted by Darsithis View Post
    Calling a single trinket that allowed us to gimmick (don't get me wrong, I played Festerblight as I got that trinket first night in) isn't a reason to say that Unholy was on top .
    Accept it was, Unholy was the only truly competitive dps spec we had in heroic ToT, the other specs just fell way behind, and even on non-festerblight bosses UH was ahead of 2h frost and waaaaay ahead of dw.

Frost was terrible in ToT heroics.

Deleted
    I was pretty much benched the entire time of ToThc because frost was god awfull and the feather never dropped ._.. All is well now though.

unholy spec is the best

Deleted
    Frost is fine these days, some people in here aren't playing the game the rest of us are / were.
    Last edited by mmoc8ba2f27852; 2013-10-17 at 06:51 AM.

Deleted
    thanks all. atm i am on dw with crap weapons( normal tot+lfr tot) and trinkets from normal tot. in 10man soO runs i am 4th-5th on dps meters with another dk (2h frost) be on first/second place with not so better gear than me. should i try to change on 2h? thanks again for your time guys.

Outside of hard-and-fast numbers, parses and sims; I have to say Dual-Wield Frost mechanically feels very comfortable in Siege right now, every fight in some way dovetails nicely with the kit, even if it's just the ability to spam howling blast when off-target at times like on Thok. Lots of fights benefit the short CD of Pillar of Frost, cleave damage rules on the vast majority, and for once decent gear is available off early bosses for weapons and trinkets, so you can get to a powerful point fast with a little luck.

Is it the best spec? That's open to interpretation, but it FEELS powerful and heavy right now.
    Zombie Vampire Werewolf

Deleted
    If I'm lucky enough to get thok's trinket any time soon I'm gonna see how unholy does applying diseases at max skeers-stacks. ATM, with a 567 weapon but an average ilvl of 556 2H frost just destroys unholy.

We're starting on heroics this week so I might change my loot spec to frost and see if I can bonus roll some 1handers

just go unholy on siegecrafter and you will never want to play it again problem solved ;D
    DW over all btw even though i hate its playstyle

Quote Originally Posted by Raegwyn View Post
    just go unholy on siegecrafter and you will never want to play it again problem solved ;D
    DW over all btw even though i hate its playstyle
    Unholy is fine if you aren't assigned to the belt otherwise I really like that fight as Unholy

I coined a heroic 2 hander, so I was considering going back to unholy (DW frost atm); then I remembered I'm on belt duty on siegecrafter :P.

Whats wrong with belt duty? My pet spawns fine.

DW requires too much gear to go IMO. Replace all 549 gear with haste, haste and haste(and crit), get 2 weapns instead of one, 4 PC, Thok.
    But after you've done it, you are feeling yourself amazingly.
    With all scenarios where you need to kill adds in seconds, not leaving UH superdots to tick for at least 12 sec, DW is better.
    Just because it feels more valuable on progression to give a burst, switch the target easily, apply dots even if the target out of Blood Boil range, and also it is something new after 5.2-5.3 of Unholy. But the price of time and gear to get there is too high.
    However the state of Unholy and Frost is extremely near in this tier IMO. Especially now, when you need so much for DW and much less for UH(Galakras is enough, 2pc is enough, 1wep instead of two, lots of old gears are valuable.).

@Rothulean1-You cannot burst enough damage on belt, not even near of what any frost can do on belt without pet. For me pet was despawning on progression every 3-4th jump in/out. And if it is an issue then doing it as UH is wrong IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drye View Post
    It forces you to double tap. that's it. It's a great change.
    Quote Originally Posted by veiledy0 View Post
    It's just so you can say you tapped something twice that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Minoan View Post
    DW requires too much gear to go IMO. Replace all 549 gear with haste, haste and haste(and crit), get 2 weapns instead of one, 4 PC, Thok.
    DW frost uses mastery, not haste. Haste is 2H.

Mastery is amazing for DW right now. In fact, it is gemmed over STR.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Minoan View Post
    But after you've done it, you are feeling yourself amazingly.
    With all scenarios where you need to kill adds in seconds, not leaving UH superdots to tick for at least 12 sec, DW is better.
    Just because it feels more valuable on progression to give a burst, switch the target easily, apply dots even if the target out of Blood Boil range, and also it is something new after 5.2-5.3 of Unholy. But the price of time and gear to get there is too high.
    However the state of Unholy and Frost is extremely near in this tier IMO. Especially now, when you need so much for DW and much less for UH(Galakras is enough, 2pc is enough, 1wep instead of two, lots of old gears are valuable.).

@Rothulean1-You cannot burst enough damage on belt, not even near of what any frost can do on belt without pet. For me pet was despawning on progression every 3-4th jump in/out. And if it is an issue then doing it as UH is wrong IMO.
    DW Frost goes for Mastery and 2H Frost goes for Crit. Not even sure what you were trying to say tbh. Unholy is pretty far behind, and gets completely dominated in aoe scenarios.