Page 1 of 5
... LastLast

How did you convince your girlfriend to play WOW?

I cannot think of a way to spark interest in my girlfriend to try WOW. She has never played games really (little Call of Duty here and there). I have not played WOW for longer than a month in 3 years, but I am wanting to try the next expansion when it comes out. We just moved in together, and do not have any free time to do much right now.

Next semester though we should have time to find another hobby together, but she is completely against WOW or anything else nerd-related. I am not nerdy, but I have always had a strong fondness for these things people consider nerdy.

So, how did you convince your girlfriend to try WOW? Did you make her watch a YouTube video, let her watch you play, or just force her to do a trial account? Your stories and advice would be greatly appreciated.

Deleted
    Well my I usually click my mouse with my girlfriend.. hehe get it?
    Im pretty lonely :l

10+ Year Old Account
    Girlfriend? What's that...

On a serious note, if she's not already into vidya gaems, then I don't think there's really any way to make her.

I Don't, luckily she seems to avoid videogames except pokémon.

i would suggest playing the RTS games with her and see if she enjoys that. Try to explore the lore, maybe read a few of the novels. There's plenty ways to go about sparking the interest for wow. But if she's so against 'nerd' stuff to begin with, you're gonna have a hard time changing her mind.. You could try to have her watch blizzcon with you?
    I like my coffe like my mages.

I didn't.

/10char

Well, remember when you first became immersed in vidya games, and realized how amazing they truly were? I have a small hope that there is a distinct chance of that happening.

Deleted
    She convinced me for "scientific study purpose". It made sense at the time ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Aspectus View Post
    Well my I usually click my mouse with my girlfriend.. hehe get it?
    Im pretty lonely :l
    Dirty Boi!

Don't force her to do anything lols. However, maybe if she sees you playing it, she will follow.

10+ Year Old Account
    My GF already played WoW when I met her. Too bad she gave up on it because she can't afford it.

She literally laughs at me and calls me names. Then walks away : /

I just need a way to show her the things that could catch her eye and seem relevant to her.

People that isn't interested from start, rarely will be.
    Get your account, and make her play a new char, like a panda, and see if she likes it. Not much else to do.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Whittle1523 View Post

I just need a way to show her the things that could catch her eye and seem relevant to her.
    She laughs at you and calls you names? m8 it aint gonna happen xD

Tbh it's wow. It's not relevant to anything but to consume time >.>
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

I cannot think of a way to spark interest in my girlfriend to try WOW. She has never played games really (little Call of Duty here and there). I have not played WOW for longer than a month in 3 years, but I am wanting to try the next expansion when it comes out. We just moved in together, and do not have any free time to do much right now.

Next semester though we should have time to find another hobby together, but she is completely against WOW or anything else nerd-related. I am not nerdy, but I have always had a strong fondness for these things people consider nerdy.

So, how did you convince your girlfriend to try WOW? Did you make her watch a YouTube video, let her watch you play, or just force her to do a trial account? Your stories and advice would be greatly appreciated.
    My GF and I moved in together about a month ago. I warned her beforehand that I was a huge nerd and moreso in my home life, which for some reason surprises every one I know. She said that's fine and she's probably a bigger nerd that I am.

I had mentioned to her about playing WoW one day, and she looked at my DK and was like "there's no way I could play that, it's way too complicated." So, the next day I took my computer to her and said "here, make a character". So she made a mage, and I helped her a little on her first couple quests. She says "it's kinda cool" and put the computer away.

The next day, I found out that after I went to bed she started her own account and leveled up her own character to level 7 before going to bed. It's been a few weeks now, but I've not once had to ask her "hey, you wanna play?" because she's usually getting her computer herself and asking me to do dungeons. She started a new character last night to try something else and was like "you need to get a character to 15 quick so you can do a dungeon with me."

I'm guessing the nerdiness is just there in some people.

Honestly though, the biggest issue with people who are "opposed" to WoW is because of the stereotypes, etc. You have to find something that helps her see that it's probably not what she thinks it is.

Some other tips: Don't pressure her. If she DOES start, don't try to "train" her to be a good player, let her be that stupid player that you were when you first started and wander around for no reason exploring. Let her reroll as much as she wants. Let HER figure it out, you just follow around and do whatever she wants to do.

Deleted
    My girlfriend convinced me, so it was the other way around.

Deleted

Pet battles seems like a great idea to attract her.

Mine joined after i moved in with her and she saw me playing.I quit and she's playing it for the last 3 years and going strong.

Mechagnome
    10+ Year Old Account
    I met her on World of Warcraft, didn't really take much!

10+ Year Old Account
    i told mine she can farm ore craft jewelry collect pets mounts and there is a shit ton of achievements and you can he a healer

Quote Originally Posted by MrHappy View Post
    i told mine she can farm ore craft jewelry collect pets mounts and there is a shit ton of achievements and you can he a healer
    Haha, my girlfriend (who just started playing) is running around catching all the "cute pets" she can while she's questing. She gets SO excited haha.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why would you condemn her to a life of farming and weekly quests?