Angry Flurry of Xuen, dps

Is there anyway to influence the Cloak proc or is it completely random?

I'm looking for ways to improve and beat the pudding out of the other two hunters in our raid.

http://www.raidbots.com/comparebot/5...b00102a#damage

http://www.raidbots.com/comparebot/5...0000025#damage <-pets

that cloak proc is a huge chunk of missing damage on my part and I wonder if I am missing something.

I do see I need to cleave more.

10+ Year Old Account
    How does haste affect the procrate of the cloak? If it influences it a lot then that could be why your damage is lower (you have the least haste of all three) coupled with the fact that you cleaved less.

Dredarious is doing lots of AOE damage (cloak proc and otherwise) to the small adds spawned by embodied despair and desperation during Sun's desperate measures phase and you aren't.

Quote Originally Posted by Desh View Post
    How does haste affect the procrate of the cloak? If it influences it a lot then that could be why your damage is lower (you have the least haste of all three) coupled with the fact that you cleaved less.
    Haste increases the chance the cloak has to proc. His damage could also be lower just down to simple rng (when the cloak actually procs) even with more haste his cloak could still only proc when there aren't any adds up or bosses are all out of cleave range.

If it makes you feel better, you performed better than other two hunters.

Looks like Dredarious, has his BW macro'd into his Dire Beast. I know without the trinket you can Dire Beast lines up with every other BW, But looking at the graph it looks weird.

First DB and BW happen at the same time,(could of been a sec apart). He doesn't use DB nor BW till about 1:30m after the pull, where they both line up. His 3rd DB looks to be used on CD. Then his 4th DB and 3rd BW happen at the same time way past their CDs.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Notho View Post
    Is there anyway to influence the Cloak proc or is it completely random?

I'm looking for ways to improve and beat the pudding out of the other two hunters in our raid.

http://www.raidbots.com/comparebot/5...b00102a#damage

http://www.raidbots.com/comparebot/5...0000025#damage <-pets

that cloak proc is a huge chunk of missing damage on my part and I wonder if I am missing something.

I do see I need to cleave more.
    Attempting to maximize your damage output by micromanaging something like the cloak proc, in my opinion, not the best route to improve your performance. Focus on what needs to be done in the fight, plan / maximize your gameplay around that, and the damage will follow.

That said, it is still possible to micromanage cloak procs by switching targets when it actually does proc. Unlike the caster proc, ours procs off whatever is our active target, so you can try to game this fact.

@Conjor - I don't think micro managing the cloak proc was my goal, just a question on why such a huge difference in output and a goal of getting better.

Thanks for the insight from everybody else, always a pleasure.

Deleted
    From what I can see the 2 other hunters are milking dps out from multishot, where I would say that spell should not be used, and there should be focus on single target instead. As for Sun's phase, the melee should take care of the adds in the middle, while ranged single target the add outside.
    So just seems to be position for the cloak if it proc, possible use more traps. And in every other aspects you seem to be doing better than Dredarious, and you seem to be better to manage your dots than both of the 2 others.

Remember, these fights. Aiming to get the highest dps is not the same as aiming to get the kill. Many fights like The Fallen Protectors and klaxxi, you can gain higher dps by doing aoe, however the goal is to single target. Can't see the fight, but would seem that Machterwacht have spend a lot of time damaging Rook Stonetoe, more than you, so I might think he has been taking him down in periods that wasn't intended by the raid leader.

On Sun's desperate measures phase, damage taken by the small adds is mirrored to the large ones. So in that case, AoE really is the goal, as it's potential damage on any reasonably sized group will be much higher than single target.

On Klaxxi sure, a hunter should not be cleaving or doing AoE, but certain classes gain powerful single target procs from DoTs, and having those dots on multiple targets can be an overall single target gain even with the loss of GCDs. So unfortunately other classes are encouraged to meter pad because for them, it's actually useful (which I think is silly, but, whatever).
    Main - Spirál - Hunter

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Avalance View Post
    From what I can see the 2 other hunters are milking dps out from multishot, where I would say that spell should not be used, and there should be focus on single target instead. As for Sun's phase, the melee should take care of the adds in the middle, while ranged single target the add outside.
    So just seems to be position for the cloak if it proc, possible use more traps. And in every other aspects you seem to be doing better than Dredarious, and you seem to be better to manage your dots than both of the 2 others.

Remember, these fights. Aiming to get the highest dps is not the same as aiming to get the kill. Many fights like The Fallen Protectors and klaxxi, you can gain higher dps by doing aoe, however the goal is to single target. Can't see the fight, but would seem that Machterwacht have spend a lot of time damaging Rook Stonetoe, more than you, so I might think he has been taking him down in periods that wasn't intended by the raid leader.
    I'm sorry but why is the goal to single target the fallen protectors...? That fight is crucial to get the most out of cleave damage. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever not to cleave on protectors as long as you don't tick two over at the same time (if this isn't your strategy)

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Alth View Post
    I'm sorry but why is the goal to single target the fallen protectors...? That fight is crucial to get the most out of cleave damage. There is absolutely no reason whatsoever not to cleave on protectors as long as you don't tick two over at the same time (if this isn't your strategy)
    of course, cleave but not so that you tricker too many DM at the same time true. Fallen protectors might have been a bad example.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Spiralphoenix View Post
    On Sun's desperate measures phase, damage taken by the small adds is mirrored to the large ones[/URL]
    Sorry, was literately not aware of this. please forgive this poor tank

Quote Originally Posted by Arrowqt View Post
    That said, it is still possible to micromanage cloak procs by switching targets when it actually does proc. Unlike the caster proc, ours procs off whatever is our active target, so you can try to game this fact.
    Wheres this information? Looks like PPM from the tooltip.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Teucer View Post
    Wheres this information? Looks like PPM from the tooltip.
    Yes, but we get a buff that makes the AoE buff go off our current target, meaning that if we are single targeting a boss and get the proc we can actively switch target to something that might have surrounding adds which means the cloak proc will now damage that main target and the surrounding targets.

Quote Originally Posted by Joyful View Post
    Yes, but we get a buff that makes the AoE buff go off our current target, meaning that if we are single targeting a boss and get the proc we can actively switch target to something that might have surrounding adds which means the cloak proc will now damage that main target and the surrounding targets.
    That makes sense. I misunderstood what was being said the first time, thought it meant that the PPM resets on a per mob basis.