Poll: How to make LFR Attractive!

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Tekkommo View Post
    Isn't the point of LFR meant to be to see the content.

Why do you think you deserve anything else for doing something so easy?

The only thing on that list would be PVP gear, as that is probably easier to get doing actual pvp.
    Actually the point of LFR is to get people who wouldn't raid on to the gear treadmill so Blizzard doesn't have to spend any money to keep those people busy/keep those subs. If it was seeing the content people would do it exactly once.

Add a new item, allowing you to reset your LFR save, and do it all over again.
    That would be amazing, infinite lfr

Deleted
    The sollution is not to add stuff to get the "carriers" back, its to add some sort of protection to keep baddies/trolls/afk'ers out!

Deleted
    LFR is not attractive for me because :
    1- it's with total strangers
    2- I'm not the targeted audience in term of difficulty
    3- Lots of people feel forced to do it, so it makes them cranky.
    4- People that take it too seriously fight with people that don't take it seriously enough. The constant fighting is annoying.

No amount of additional reward can change that.
    On the contrary, more people that are not in the intended crowd will come only for the rewards and will degrade every run.

I think the only things to improve LFR are to make silver proving grounds a requisite (to ensure everyone knows at least a bit how to do their job) and to make it LESS desirable for normal and heroic people.

Deleted
    Something like this needs to occur, or LFR needs nerfing down so that it's doable by it's intended audience without the massive wipefest we currently see.

MMO's are at their best when the different skill levels of their community interact in an environment that fosters co operation and learning. The problem is that wows community is very well established and won't touch new players with a bargepole unless forced to (as well as being elitist asshats a lot of the time.) This means new players reach a ceiling very quickly in most cases. So, incentivising the interaction via reward seems like a good thing.

Deleted
    There is nothing to fix. Several of these so called fixes will just make LFR mandatory, like normal/heroic items dropping and warforged seals.
    Also, why should running LFR give you bonuses? People that actually improve their gameplay and graduate from LFR to flex or normal still have an incentive to run LFR just to boost the afkers.

LFR is fine, people afk, people suck. With flex a lot of the carriers are gone, stop whining and get better yourself.

Quote Originally Posted by Hexotic View Post
    and for future lfr... DONT ADD LEGENDARY ITEMS TO LFR PROGRESSION....
    Did you even try to do the solo portions of the Legendary questline in LFR gear? You know, having at best a 517-520 ilevel (and that assumes most/all Shado-Pan VP gear) for Wrathion, instead of 530+ from Normal/Heroic?

Didn't think so. Yeah, so parts of it could progress in LFR, the stupid, annoying, long, grindy parts. All the other parts, the CHALLENGING PARTS, were solo, and heavily skill based, even more when you do not get to out-gear it by having Heroic, or Thunderforged (or Heroic Thunderforged) gear. Go and do it when you are in like ilevel 510-515 gear, then come back. When you have to deal with 2 Mirror Image phases as a DPS (or close to it, if your timing and RNG is on point), and at least 2 ooze phases.

Not everyone in LFR is a moron. There are those of us who have a brain, and will work our asses off to make it run as best we can. Usually we are topping DPS if there isn't any Flex+ raiders flaunting their gear. And even then, some of them are just "AFKing" so we trump them anyways. Unfortunate that we are smaller in numbers, but do not lump those of us who appreciate the system because of the convenience of it. Flex wasn't intended for PuGs (though it is being used for it), but dead servers are dead servers. I know enough people, barely, to put a 10 man together, the issue is schedules and time, lacking both in most regards.

So yeah, would I like to run a little more organized? Yes. Unfortunately, when you work 9pm-5:30am PST Sun-Thurs nights, you are not ideal raid material, despite performance and skill, you can't meet any realistic schedule.
    Games are not necessarily "easier" today. You are just a better player.
    It takes more now to impress many gamers than it did 2-5 years ago, because so much has already been seen and done.
    Many players expect to be wow'd with every release of a beloved franchise.
    These are generally NOT the fault of the developers, but the fault of many players over-hyping and/or setting expectations too high.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    I totally agree with the posters above.

Pretty much all of the options in the poll would make running LFR even if you don't need the gear mandatory, even for HC raiders.
    I'm sure that giving you ~200g per boss when you get the bag drop isn't going to make it remotely mandatory. Just enough to cover for the repair bills XD

Where's the "Separate Queues for DIFFERENT language realms" option?
    Stay salty my friends.

Quote Originally Posted by zephid View Post
    I totally agree with the posters above.

Pretty much all of the options in the poll would make running LFR even if you don't need the gear mandatory, even for HC raiders.
    what they said.

myself only run LFR cuz i cant make the time anymore for regular raiding. or even commit myself to run flex pug for an hour or 2,3 whatever.
    but i do not see any of those rewards should be in LFR.
    blizz alrdy increased droprates of items then it was in previous tiers.

15+ Year Old Account
    As a normal raider I see no use to go LFR. Aside from getting frustrated and slowly turning into a raging berserker in front of my PC there are no benefits in there.

Regarding my alts (mainly tanks/healer) I can say that the extra satchel you get from time to time does not make it up for the shitstorm you experience in there and make me constantly quit midraid. Not even the upgrades my alts could use in there motivate me enough to do them.

Maybe this is a side effect when you already do the raids in another difficulty. It just gets boring if you do them twice or even more often and additionally fail a hundred times during that process.

10+ Year Old Account
    Choosed the legandary Items....only because its so ridiculous

10+ Year Old Account
    I spend enough time running it on heroic and flex. If anything required me to go to LFR for main raid gains I would quit raiding all together. Stop with this right now.

That said I would like a way to get pvp gear in pve. I'm a super casual pvper, only for fun now and then, and I haven't enjoyed it for years because I'm not interested in a gear grind.

LFR is more popular than HC, normal and flex. Why is it again they need more to run it? An extra reward for what they already do?
    If you had said it was to get more tank/healers, then i could have agreed. But to be frank, it would for the most part not mean better tanks. It would just mean people that should never tank, trying to do so.
    Healers are already hit by that, since you mostly 3-4 heal it. Should tbh just cut it down to 4 healers.

Anyway: Voting against each and every option in the poll. Keep it as it is.
    Everyone has so much to say
    They talk talk talk their lives away

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    Something like this needs to occur, or LFR needs nerfing down so that it's doable by it's intended audience without the massive wipefest we currently see.

MMO's are at their best when the different skill levels of their community interact in an environment that fosters co operation and learning. The problem is that wows community is very well established and won't touch new players with a bargepole unless forced to (as well as being elitist asshats a lot of the time.) This means new players reach a ceiling very quickly in most cases. So, incentivising the interaction via reward seems like a good thing.
    Oh its you again. No nerfing everything down to the ground doesnt make anything better, only gives incentive to play worse.

Deleted
    Looking for tanks is already rewarding enough. U get loot, legendary Q items if u need, money from bosses if u didnt get loot and valor points.
    Also a little picture of how its done if you decide to go flex.

10+ Year Old Account
    Hm. I have to say, that "valor point badge" option sounds actually qutie interesting... Not sure whether it would be enough to make me run it again, though.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Oh its you again. No nerfing everything down to the ground doesnt make anything better, only gives incentive to play worse.
    Oh it's you again.

People are going to play badly no matter what you do and they have never, ever, ever magically improved just because stuff is hard for them. Given this indusputable fact, giving the lower end content they can actually do is the rational response.

Is it ideal? No. Ideally people would see challenges as opportunities and rise to them. But as a general rule people don't, they never have and they aren't ever going to. What can i tell you? You don't have to like how things really are, but you can't argue with how they really are. A small percentage of people see challenges and get off on beating them.

A small percentage. Everyone else doesn't, deal with it.

Deleted
    People will get better without the carriers, no one improved playing on easy and carriers trivialize what is already fairly simple. It's painstaking and frustrating for good players until then but in time, we might actually have a solid player-base again.

15+ Year Old Account
    I'm pure LFR this expansion, with maybe a tiny hope of Flex raid. All these options, besides maybe a modest increase in gold drops, are pure ridiculous.
    Dragonflight: Grand Marshal Hottage
    PC Specs: Ryzen 7 7800X3D | ASUS ROG STRIX B650E-I | 32GB 6000Mhz DDR5 | NZXT Kraken 120
    Inno3D RTX 4080 iChill | Samsung 970 EVO Plus 2TB | NZXT H200 | Corsair SF750 | Windows 11 Pro
    Razer Basilisk Ultimate | Razer Blackwidow V3 | ViewSonic XG2730 | Steam Deck 1TB OLED