Poll: How to make LFR Attractive!

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Felfury View Post
    People will get better without the carriers, no one improved playing on easy and carriers trivialize what is already fairly simple. It's painstaking and frustrating for good players until then but in time, we might actually have a solid player-base again.
    Nope. Never happened, won't in future.

What actually happens is the people who like the challenge make little islands of themselves in amongst the vast swathes of normal people who couldn't give a fuck, which breeds an elitist community of dickheads who mistake their wow experience for that of the millions all around who have an entirely different experience.

Deleted
    Don't add any new rewards. Make loot less likely to drop for people who have low activity, and more likely to drop for people with high activity. That way I might actually be bothered to do it on my alts as carrying would actually be rewarded. Currently it's way too depressing to see half the raid autoattacking their way through while getting equal rewards for no effort.

Deleted
    reward total dumbness, ignoring simply every mechanic beside standing around and trying to DPS a boss down and ppl really want to be rewarded furthermore for this?

well.... time's over for good players doing all the work for the dumb masses in LFR, thanks to flex.... now ppl stick to their own level players and either wipe like 8 times per boss or learn to play at least a bit better and move on to flex once they are capable of movement (else flexraiders will kick them easily).

LFR players still get rewarded by blizz in the form of continuing nerfs AND get free epix for doing not much. i think this is quite enough....

wing 4 will be lfr fun during the next months i guess

at least i found the comedyoption and therefore voted it:

"Add a new item, allowing you to reset your LFR save, and do it all over again."

having to creep around with all those brain-afk'lers a second time a week with the same char is just lol xD
    Last edited by mmocbbc501bdfd; 2013-10-17 at 12:53 PM.

The only thing LFR needs is for people who don't like to do LFR to stay out of it.

Lfr should have less attractiveness. The gear shouldn't even be a different color (so transmog fans like myself wouldn't feel like running it for that sexy blue paladin tier looking gear).

I like LFR as I can't stay up late enough to raid. Tonight I will, since The U is better than anything in your entire life, but to raid? Meh. Those raids usually start right when I'm about to go to bed. And by "those raids" i mean those people that I would raid with, not some random Jabroni's.

Oops, forgot to add that I don't think LFR should get any extra perks. A lower ilevel is good enough. It really shouldn't even be a draw for "real raiders" aside from maybe the valor but really, don't those people just chain heroic scenarios for 2 hours to cap out before their raids on Tuesdays anyways?
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

LFR should be removed completely from the game.

If you have more than 2 hours to do lfr, then you should be doing flex.
    If you have more than 4 hours to lfr, you should be doing flex/normal.
    If you do not have set times to dedicate to raiding in any form, then you should not be raiding and have developer deal a huge amount of time to hand feed you content. Concentrate on dungeons/pvp etc.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post

If you do not have set times to dedicate to raiding in any form, then you should not be raiding and have developer deal a huge amount of time to hand feed you content. Concentrate on dungeons/pvp etc.
    Someone doesn't realise why we have LFR.

We have LFR because the playerbase in general doesn't actually want to raid. Blizzard has responded to this player apathy towards raiding by (effectively) removing all other content from endgame, because for some reason blizzard seems to be willing to do anything to keep raiding going.

I could only pick the increase gold thing, giving a chance to receive heroic/normal items would probably be best to get carries back but I don't think you should get that from LFR.

Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    Someone doesn't realise why we have LFR.

We have LFR because the playerbase in general doesn't actually want to raid. Blizzard has responded to this player apathy towards raiding by (effectively) removing all other content from endgame, because for some reason blizzard seems to be willing to do anything to keep raiding going.

1. Without raiding, there is no end game

2. Without an end game, Wow suffers the same fate that most of it's competitors have. Hate it or love it, raiding is always going to be in the game, despite people crying over and over "nobody raids, nobody raids", WoW has always had a big emphasis on raiding and it's the most successful MMO out there.

- - - Updated - - -

Id also like to add, the idea of putting normal and heroic gear in LFR is perhaps the worst idea I've ever heard on these forums.

I looked through the options looking for the 'None of the above' option, thinking 'yeah, theres NOTHING they could add that would get me back in LFR'.

But ya know what ? There is.

Some incentive to run as a group. And some 'educational use' for LFR to help teach new members how to raid.

Maybe a reverse-luck of the draw debuff, where players get +10%/performance for queueing with up to 5 players, and a better chance at loot.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by RickJamesLich View Post
    1. Without raiding, there is no end game

2. Without an end game, Wow suffers the same fate that most of it's competitors have. Hate it or love it, raiding is always going to be in the game, despite people crying over and over "nobody raids, nobody raids", WoW has always had a big emphasis on raiding and it's the most successful MMO out there.
    3. Without LFR there would no longer be heroic raiding and each teir would be lucky get get 6 bosses. Raids before LFR were fast becoming a waste of development time because so few people ran them. LFR SAVED raiding and was able justify bringing back large raids.

Raiders owe everything to LFR. Still it will not save heroic raids in the next few years.

Id also like to add, the idea of putting normal and heroic gear in LFR is perhaps the worst idea I've ever heard on these forums.
    Sorry but you must not read what other people have for "ideas" this is just an average one for this forum lol.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    I looked through the options looking for the 'None of the above' option, thinking 'yeah, theres NOTHING they could add that would get me back in LFR'.

But ya know what ? There is.

Some incentive to run as a group. And some 'educational use' for LFR to help teach new members how to raid.

Maybe a reverse-luck of the draw debuff, where players get +10%/performance for queueing with up to 5 players, and a better chance at loot.
    Oh the QQ.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by psyquest View Post

LFR is the most used end game content IN THE WHOLE GAME. Heroic raids would be removed before blizzard remove LFR.
    Aye mate

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    3. Without LFR there would no longer be heroic raiding and each teir would be lucky get get 6 bosses. Raids before LFR were fast becoming a waste of development time because so few people ran them. LFR SAVED raiding and was able justify bringing back large raids.

Raiders owe everything to LFR. Still it will not save heroic raids in the next few years.

Sorry but you must no read what other people have for "ideas" this is just an average one for this forum lol.

Roughly 8 years of history says otherwise though

Blizzard has billions of dollars on reserve that they didn't have at launch, and raiding was around since the beginning, with no "entry level version", just ask around if you don't believe me lol. After all, what's the point of hitting max level with your toon if there's nothing new to do?

As for LFR, I think it should be removed, most of the people in there IMO really don't want to raid, but it's the only thing available. Giving these people heroics, rep grinds, or something meaningful would probably do way more for the game, perhaps would make the subscription numbers go upwards for a change.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Injin View Post
    Oh it's you again.

People are going to play badly no matter what you do and they have never, ever, ever magically improved just because stuff is hard for them. Given this indusputable fact, giving the lower end content they can actually do is the rational response.

Is it ideal? No. Ideally people would see challenges as opportunities and rise to them. But as a general rule people don't, they never have and they aren't ever going to. What can i tell you? You don't have to like how things really are, but you can't argue with how they really are. A small percentage of people see challenges and get off on beating them.

A small percentage. Everyone else doesn't, deal with it.
    Yeah you'd love to get spoonfed everything without putting any effort to it wouldnt you? Same tired flawed arguments as usual I see.

A sollution to make people play better would have to come from Blizzard to implement tutorials in-game, since not everyone who plays knows about Icy-Veins Noxxic or even MMO-C.

Quote Originally Posted by Airwaves View Post
    3. Without LFR there would no longer be heroic raiding.
    Raiders owe everything to LFR.
    Do you even read your posts before actually clicking the post-button? I've seen you defending LFR in numerous threads now but this is getting ridiculous.
    Last edited by mmocf94708a214; 2013-10-17 at 02:45 PM.

I'm so clueless as to why you people want to bring back the carriers instead of getting rid of those obviously not even trying. The AFKers and those who sign for the wrong roles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Trollfaced View Post
    Do you even read your posts before actually clicking the post-button? I've seen you defending LFR in numerous threads now but this is getting ridiculous.
    Because it is good for the game. If you can't see that then you are blind. The only reason we have got great raids like ToT and siege is because LFR justifies the resources for large raids. Without LFR we would still have raid the size of Fireland and DS. IF we are lucky.
    Aye mate

You missed the important one from that list ...

Disable /follow
    I do not suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

This post is brought to you by the letters U and F (though not necessarily in that order)

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by aastarius View Post
    You missed the important one from that list ...

Disable /follow
    The only problem with that is blind people can't play. And yes blind people play wow. This was an issue when they removed it from BGs.
    Aye mate