Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    10+ Year Old Account
    We all knew some servers would be clustered together in a group, but it is good to see alot of the low pop servers that have been around for years finally linked up.

Quote Originally Posted by nyyro View Post
    The fact that they are actually going to connect three realms is potentially major news. This could actually lead to a huge change in the way that realms are populated. As of right now servers have pseudo population limit in queue times. With this new information it is likely that large single servers will die out to be replaced by a highly populated server cluster. After all why would you join a single server when you could join a cluster of 3 servers that should theoretically have 3 times the population potential. This leads me to believe that blizzard is seriously planning to go forward with all realms being connected eventually, it is the only way to explain this decision.
    It was kinda assumed that this would be the case, as even doubling 80% of the realms populations would still leave them in a very subpar position.

Its still reassuring to see it actually HAPPEN though.

I won't be happy til I see my server come up tho. Personally, I'd be crazy-happy if there were only about 6-12 megaservers when all the dust settles.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by nyyro View Post
    The fact that they are actually going to connect three realms is potentially major news. This could actually lead to a huge change in the way that realms are populated. As of right now servers have pseudo population limit in queue times. With this new information it is likely that large single servers will die out to be replaced by a highly populated server cluster. After all why would you join a single server when you could join a cluster of 3 servers that should theoretically have 3 times the population potential. This leads me to believe that blizzard is seriously planning to go forward with all realms being connected eventually, it is the only way to explain this decision.
    There is another explanation: connecting two dead realms may help a little but may not meet their goals for a realm population. I agree that what you think likely may happen someday but it's very likely a long time in the future. The emphasis is certain to be connecting smaller realms for the foreseeable future. It's sensible and exactly what Blizzard has said more than once. Connecting large realms to anything isn't in the picture at this point. Maybe someday but not soon.
    "...money's most powerful ability is to allow bad people to continue doing bad things at the expense of those who don't have it."

Warchief
    10+ Year Old Account
    Does anyone know if they already started connecting realms for EU already?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    Does anyone know if they already started connecting realms for EU already?
    They haven't..

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Ailyara View Post
    This scares me, Warsong and Gurubashi were unofficial Brazilian realms. Nothing against Brazilians but I don't want my server merged with a BR realm.
    Right click --> Report --> Language..
    The proper way of dealing with people who chats in wrong language...
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

So there are 2 more servers merged with Bloodscalp?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by FuxieDK View Post
    They haven't..

- - - Updated - - -

Right click --> Report --> Language..
    The proper way of dealing with people who chats in wrong language...
    Isn't that for people that are cussing -.-

Quote Originally Posted by Ailyara View Post
    This scares me, Warsong and Gurubashi were unofficial Brazilian realms. Nothing against Brazilians but I don't want my server merged with a BR realm.
    I'm on that realm and most of the BR's left when they allowed free xfers to a BR made realm, which then killed the population. So right now not many BR's there (maybe there alts are there idk), well actually hardly anybody is there. Connecting this with 1 other dead realm isnt going to fix the population, look at wowprogress (not sure on accuracy with that sight), so they would really need to connect this with many,many more realms (12ish depending on pops) and take out the pvp since pvp is pretty much non existent on dead realms an make it a pve realm. I only chose this realm in vanilla bc a friend was on it and am not paying to xfer. Hell the horde to alliance ratio is funny on both the realms, Warsong and Balnazaar, so horde may get some help but the alliance side will still be dead unless they ever allow for interfaction raiding and questing then alliance maybe enjoyable. Ya so right now this merger will more than likely not solve much of anything for Balnazaar and Warsong. I hope I'm wrong but I just dont see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Chickat View Post
    Isn't that for people that are cussing -.-
    There are many way to define "wrong language"... Cursing is one way... Speaking in e.g. french on an english server is another..

How am I to know if people badmouth me, if the don't have the decency to use a language normal people understand? Thus report and you won't see him again until you relog...
    Last edited by FuxieDK; 2013-10-18 at 05:05 AM.
    Fact (because I say so): TBC > Cata > Legion > ShaLa > MoP > DF > BfA > WoD = WotLK

My pet collection --> http://www.warcraftpets.com/collection/FuxieDK/

10+ Year Old Account
    They need to connect my realm too, Thorium Brotherhood :P I will miss the low pop in some regards, but I think the pros outweigh the cons.