Thread: Spirit question

Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Spirit question

This my sound silly but still foing to ask this. This mostly for resto druids that cleared the slapping of garrosh normal.

http://eu.battle.net/wow/en/characte...Santeri/simple. My armory. The question is as follows.
    After 2 months away i start raiding again. Everything is going well. Using my old askmrrobot+what do druids as good geared and better geared as me do stat wise and commen sence/what i like stats wise. Lately i notice allot of druids and mrrobot stop intelct around 29k have crit below 20 % and mastery above 20%. But they all advice more spirit.so stop at 29k int? Because it loose valeu? And more spirit over mastery is that for a reason. So far i havent come up short in mana. And in the 3 weeks i am raiding active again just hit spoils and so far only had 1 or 2 fights ending with no mana. And for instance 2 night we 2 healed like most of you to general nagzim

So intlect capped?
    Spirit of mastery?
    Need more spirit for last 4 fights?

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Your spirit seems fine, some druids run more, some a little less but it's there in the personal preference stage.

However I noticed your reforging is off, your stat priority should (generally) be Spirit (til comfortable)>Haste (to 3k or 13k)>Mastery>Crit>Excess Haste. Now you should be shooting for the 3043 haste breakpoint (I assume you have the 5% spell haste buff in your group), because you're sitting on 5.6k that means you have ~2.6k of excess haste.

I'll be honest, your gemming and reforging is all over the place, you should be gemming mastery priority, but meeting bonuses, so 320 mastery in yellow, int/mastery in red and spirit/mastery in blue. From there you should reforge so that you stay around 13k spirit (should mean just not reforging out of spirit) and then dump the rest of your secondaries into mastery *while making sure you always have 3043 haste*.

Depends if you have access to Mana Tides, Hymn of Hope, or external Innervates.

I can run comfortably in the 12k - 15k spirit region with 1 mana trinket and access to 1 Mana Tide.

It is less about a INT cap, but rather gemming for Secondary stats (spirit, haste, mastery) is better than gemming straight INT, so most of your INT is coming from the ilvl of the gear. Crit should be mainly coming from your INT values as it costs a lot more to get 1% than the other stats. (~700 vs ~400)

Garrosh - has light raid intensive portions and heavier areas Tank healing p1, raid healing intermissions, raid healing for Whirlwinds.
    Klaxxi - is not too mana intensive because of boss buffs you can use to help you heal and is more mechanic based
    Siegecrafter - is not too mana intensive as long as adds are undercontrol and you have CDs for magnetism
    Thok - Alternates from mana intensive to mana light and will vary based on how long your Shout phase and your Chase phase last.

Ty for responses. Going for 13 to 13,5 spirit. And yes my haste is 2 much. Got my tier set and some other stuff so need 2 reforge is back. I ussally go for int> 13k spirit> haste 21,3?%> mastery > crit

Deleted
    I always went for 10000 haste breakpoint and around 8000 spirit when I was Resto. Used HC Horridon trinket and Lei Shen trinket. I never had mana-issues like this, and I was pretty much always on the same HPS as our Disc priest and holy paladin.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    I feel the need to again point out that you should be either 3k or 13k haste, the breakpoints in between simply are not worth it over mastery.

I also forgot to reply to your query about the last 4 fights, I would say they are some of the most mana intensive of the tier (maybe not norushen with low gear);

Thok; The aim for this fight is to keep phase 1 up for as long as possible, this means constantly rolling rejuv's on the raid which is very mana taxing, I wouldn't feel comfortable with less than 12k spirit here.

Seigecrafter; Probably the least healing intensive fight of the 4, the only real difficulties are if people are stupid or you run into range issues, it's also quite a quick fight so regen isn't really an issue.

Paragons: I'm going to disagree with Kjel here and say the length of the fight tends to make regen a consideration again, as well as the healer buffs not dropping until very late, however again your spirit should be fine.

Garrosh: This fight can be very mana intensive if your raid is slack about grabbing the damage reduction buff in the dream phases, however if they do grab it (I'd highly recommend they should take the extra second to, despite what some guides say) then you can pretty much heal it with WG and efflo/mushroom and regen a lot of mana there. Try to time your rejuvs properly for empowered swirling corruption so you don't need to refresh too many and you should roll into p3 with 60%+ mana which left me on I think 20% at the end of the fight (this is the type of fight where you'll want to overheal the fuck out of p3 just in case while on progression).

As far as number of healers go (which generally has a big impact on spirit required), Garrosh should be 2 healed as should Paragons, Thok should definitely be 3 healed to prolong p1 and I'd advise 3 healers for Seigecrafter just for range issues, people being dumb about mechanics and the boss having fuck all health anyway.

If I might make a suggestion about Garrosh, make sure you don't get caught with your pants down on empowered swirling corruptions, get a lot of rejuvs on the raid beforehand or bad things can happen particularly when the ability comes just after a previous mechanic and your co-healer is busy moving. The good news is that as a druid you're probably the best healer for this ability (barring possibly monks).

Quote Originally Posted by adynn View Post
    I feel the need to again point out that you should be either 3k or 13k haste, the breakpoints in between simply are not worth it over mastery.
    If I reforge every single haste point on my gear, I will be at 4707 rating, so almost 1600 haste points wasted.
    If I go for 13163 haste, I will lose 9% mastery, over 600 int and some hundred spirit.
    Even though rejuv of course is my strongest heal, I can hardly imagine reaching the 13k hastepoint on my gear level is worth sacrificing so much throughput, especially when I consider that the last tick usually is prone to overheal anyhow.

So the 6652 breakpoint seems quite a reasonable compromise when your gear is too good for the 3k breakpoint, but too bad for the 13k.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    If I reforge every single haste point on my gear, I will be at 4707 rating, so almost 1600 haste points wasted.
    If I go for 13163 haste, I will lose 9% mastery, over 600 int and some hundred spirit.
    Even though rejuv of course is my strongest heal, I can hardly imagine reaching the 13k hastepoint on my gear level is worth sacrificing so much throughput, especially when I consider that the last tick usually is prone to overheal anyhow.

So the 6652 breakpoint seems quite a reasonable compromise when your gear is too good for the 3k breakpoint, but too bad for the 13k.
    Ok, for 2k haste you're gaining an extra tick of; regrowth, lifebloom and wild growth, the first two shouldn't even be considered which means you're effectively gaining the extra tick of WG. As this is the 9th tick of WG you're gaining, this will be a 12.5% boost to the spell (9/8-1) and let's assume WG accounts for 15% of a druid's healing (the value tends to vary from ~10-17% depending on the fight) so you're gaining a 1.9% increase in healing (not counting shaving some time off your GCD).

If we compare this to dumping that 2k of stats into mastery and assume you're rocking ~35% mastery already;
    2000/480 = 4.17% increased mastery
    1.392/1.35 - 1 = 3.1% increase in healing.
    However let's discount Wild Mushroom:Bloom from this (Mastery will stack it faster but won't affect the healing other than that), this is again maybe 15% of our healing depending on the fight.
    3.1*0.85 = 2.64% increased healing.

Now the haste didn't account for faster gcd for spells other than Rejuvenation, but this in turn can make you use more mana. Anyway you're looking at ~1.9% increased healing with that 6.6k breakpoint (plus gcd reduction) versus ~2.64% increased healing from staying at 4707 haste and prioritizing mastery instead. Note some more napkin math for me suggests you'd have a ~3.8% quicker gcd other than Rejuv with the haste build.

Personally I would be using Mastery and having excess haste here.

Field Marshal
    10+ Year Old Account
    You are actually reforging Spirit to Crit? /Thread.
    Don't try to fix what's not broken~

Quote Originally Posted by adynn View Post
    Personally I would be using Mastery and having excess haste here.
    Thanks for doing the math. I indeed thought the difference would be greater.

Just to add, with sotf and haste >5543 I get an additional tick of tranq, and an additional tick of WG if over >5176 haste.

Considering that, I'd say there is hardly a difference there.

SoTF does not affect the number of HoT ticks it only affects the channel time, has not changed since MoP Beta.

If you can hit the 13k haste breakpoint and still maintain the 10 - 12k spirit that you're comfortable with, then reforging / regemming to the higher breakpoint would be a better investment of points.

Between 12k and 17k spirit is pretty normal. The exact value is going to depend a bit on your healing setup and raid composition. Some people go as low as 10k or as high as 19k, but going beyond that is inadvisable. I run with 12.5k myself, which seems to be working fine so far, but the later heroic modes may prove me wrong when we get there.

Quote Originally Posted by Puri View Post
    It's not completely wasted, as Efflorescence (if glyphed, as it should be) still benefits from it. And the solution to "some of my itemization is wasted" is not "I should waste some more so it doesn't feel lonely". The breakpoints between 3k and 13k simply don't do all that much.
    Diplomacy is just war by other means.

Quote Originally Posted by Kjeldorian View Post
    SoTF does not affect the number of HoT ticks it only affects the channel time, has not changed since MoP Beta.
    Sotf does increase the number of hot ticks. You can find the breakpoints for example there, here you can find the list including tranq.

Your first link clearly shows what the haste breakpoints for tranquility at static haste and has a separate chart for SoTF enhanced RJ and WG breakpoints. Which leads to Binkenstein's haste cards on totemspot, which also confirm that SoTF does nothing to Tranquility with regard to extra HoTs.

Ex. If you have 13163 haste with 5% haste buff, the HoT component will only last 6 ticks (unless it was refreshed by Tranquility during the channel) whether with or without SoTF buffing the spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Xegor View Post
    You are actually reforging Spirit to Crit? /Thread.
    If someone has excess spirit(having half a mana bar at the end of a fight yuk!) and is at haste cap and there is mastery on the gear crit is fine.

In the case of this persons gear it's bad but spr > crit is ok if your gear allows it.

I read that most ppl say that your haste is too much, their all wrong. since you re playing with SotF, the cap for it is 5553. So the 5,8k haste you have is only 200 more than it supposed to be.
    Spirit, is all about synergy with the other healers in your group.
    Many thinks contribute to how much spirit you should have. Tanks made of paper (not using their CD's correctly), dps standing in fire too much, poor fellow healers, all these dictate how much spirit you should have.
    Ending a fight with half a manabar, doesnt mean you should reforge spirit, this will come as you begin to outgear the content.
    My suggestions,
    after you hit the 5553 haste, go for full mastery.
    for the 13k breakpoint which is so much talked about, i dont think its worth tryingit before 555+ ilvl.You ll lose to much secondary stats at your current ilvl and gear.
    If you have access to Horridons trinket,its much better than the Thoks one.
    Die by the sword

I swapped to 13k haste roughly around 544 ilvl and didn't look back. It's so amazing in terms of efflor and rejuv throughput and lightning quick regrowths are a lifesaver countless times. (1.1 sec cast)
    Mew!

Quote Originally Posted by dgiras View Post
    I read that most ppl say that your haste is too much, their all wrong. since you re playing with SotF, the cap for it is 5553.
    While you do get new ticks at this cap while using SotF it is not worth going for for the mastery lost. The 2 caps worth going for which will be a guaranteed hps increase are 3043 cap and the 13163 cap hence people saying he is way over cap(3043).

In simple terms going for SotF caps is not worth it.

Quote Originally Posted by dgiras View Post
    for the 13k breakpoint which is so much talked about, i dont think its worth tryingit before 555+ ilvl.
    It's actually around the 545-550 ilvl area as well.
    Last edited by Monkeyofcode; 2013-10-19 at 01:48 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kjeldorian View Post
    Your first link clearly shows what the haste breakpoints for tranquility at static haste and has a separate chart for SoTF enhanced RJ and WG breakpoints. Which leads to Binkenstein's haste cards on totemspot, which also confirm that SoTF does nothing to Tranquility with regard to extra HoTs.

Ex. If you have 13163 haste with 5% haste buff, the HoT component will only last 6 ticks (unless it was refreshed by Tranquility during the channel) whether with or without SoTF buffing the spell.
    First I have to apologize, I missunderstood your first posting. I thought you meant sotf does not add ticks to any spell, but you obviously only meant tranq. You seem to be right there, and the second link I provided offers wrong information.

Thanks for the many reponses. Okay somethings made allot of scence 2 me, some less ( i understood them but the reasons dodnt fit how i heal raid and how my raid group is).
    Must say the higher haste sounds very cool but cant be reached at 544 item level. I checked it over and over but you loose so mich spirit doing that. So i save that for better gear. As going for either only 3 or 10k haste and nothing inbetween. I dodnt agree 3k because regrowths with a decent speed are needed in raids nowadays and going for nourish i need 2 drop some glyphs that decrease my overal hps. And my haste would be higher if i had a option. But going for 10 and the 13k buffed asap.

But for futher response let me make a bit clearer what my raiding skills are like. I am not a hc raider but can keep up with some of those healers. Good quailty healer that keeps up or outheals people with better gear. This is nog to brag to but to say i know what to do. My raid group ussaly has only 1 or 2 melee, 1 or 2 tanks. And mostly heal all the bosses in SoO 2 heals. Most of the players are very good and do nice dps. Mistakes that might happen dodnt happen again (their fast learners).
    Gear wise its a drama. Havent had 1 full 4 tiers set how hard i tryed and raided All the time. Even whent as far as mking a ticket And getting the response:yes it does look like you have a very low drop chance......
    So i take all your advice to hard.
    As to the advice to go for the horridon trinket....please never say that stupid name agian treid until i stopped while doings tot hc with coins everyweek on lfr and normal and never got it. Got the bloody healer ring in thunderforged 2 times, 5 times normal, the chest half a dozen times and the shoulders sigh,......While all my healer alts got in in 2 weeks. I love it but i think i will never see it.

So int>spirit 13,5>haste 6652 ( when gear allows it 10 and the 13k) >master> crit

Btw they guys who say it possible to get higher haste caps on my level how do you that drop allot of spirit or reforge every thing?