Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by BabbleDabble View Post
    Unfortunately, I know exactly why our team isn't progressing. We have a DPS that barely pulls 75k and that can't handle simple mechanics, another DPS that tops the charts, but doesn't know how to get out of fire or stack, and the raid leaders best friend (or girlfriend) can't pay attention to mechanics and healing. On top of that, we have attendance issues and sometimes we'll miss two weeks in a row of raiding (we only raid one night a week).

It's frustrating because 4 of us on the team have been raiding together since WotLK in 25s and 10s, but we just don't have the recruiting to put together a decent team and the raid leader isn't the type of guy to tell someone that they can't raid with us because they're not good.

After running flex with pugs found through openraid, I know how easy flex can be, but it just seems like we have some idiots that can't handle raiding. I want to bring it up with the raid leader/GM, but it's hard to do since I consider him a close friend.
    Since you "only" raid once a week with that guild - have you considered maybe having a second char that you can raid maybe another once or twice a week on for the bit of progress you'd like to experience? Stay put with your current 'main' and raid once a week with them or something.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 303 808 909 View Post
    You're frustrated because you got further in Flex (easy mode) than your guild has been able to get in normal mode? I've noticed this attitude cropping up in my normal mode team too.
    as far as i understood this his guild is struggling to kill flex bosses. they don't do normalmodes.

on topic:
    mh, i'd definitely look for another raidspot. when you struggle to progress in flex raids and struggle to raid consistently every week, especially if it's only 1x/week, this sucks. i'd look for a normalmode guild and raid with them. you can still raid flex with your old guild!
    Last edited by brirrspliff; 2013-10-17 at 01:34 PM.

Deleted
    That's why the concept of exclusive guilds is a problem.
    Some people want more than their current guild can offer but feel attached (read chained) to it by other considerations (loyalty, friendship, fear to lose people you know...).
    I co lead a regular raid. We have our days. We're not a guild per se.
    I know many people in other guilds. Sometimes they raid with us, sometimes not, some are casual, some are hardcore raiders. But they all enjoy playing with us.
    You don't have to be in a guild to keep its members' friendship or to raid with them occasionnaly. You just have to manage your calendar well ^^

My advice, talk with co-guildies. Don't try to push them farther than they are capable of or than they want to.
    Just tell them you want a bit more, you leave the guild to test a more advanced level of playing, but you'll stay available on other days if they need you, because you still enjoy their company.
    If they're friends, they'll understand.
    Forcing you to play at a lower (or higher) level to keep friendship is the best way to build tensions in a group and cause a clash.

I say you have several options. Understand that no matter what you will not be happy unless you are doing the content you want to do regardless if you are doing it with friends or without.

Personally I am in a guild that had attendance issues during Throne and raid night was moved to a night that I could not play on so I had to choose to join another guild or do my own thing. I decided to create another raid night instead. I pulled in the guildies that were on that were competant (Since I made myself raid leader I call the shots that night), pulled some competant friends into the guild to fill my ranks and then pulled in puggers. AFter the first night I knew which of the puggers were competant and invited them back. Now I have a raid night of competant players. The rest are thrashing around on the other night and still not getting their ducks in a row for their own raiding. Old raiders are coming back now but they are severely undergeared and I told them straight up that I won’t carry that slack, you can’t take a 6+ month vacation and expect those of us who stayed active to carry them to dah purpahs.

You could also just go find a raid guild that fits your play style. You will not be happy not raiding, no matter what else you do with your friends. You can only help you.

10+ Year Old Account
    Put a lot of thought into it. The grass isn't always greener on the other side after all, BUT wanting to progress and not being able to is extremely frustrating (this I know). If nothing else you can still have them in your friends list to talk with and flex is xrealm. I would hope that your friends would understand. Had to do this recently after being in roughly the exact same situation as you and I haven't regretted it. Still in contact with most of the friends but in a guild that's progressing quite nicely. Strangely it's like I never left because the personalities are so similar with my new guildies. Just do a lot of research on the guilds you're looking into. A server transfer to a guild that's falling apart is an expensive mistake

Quote Originally Posted by brirrspliff View Post
    as far as i understood this his guild is struggling to kill flex bosses. they don't do normalmodes.
    not his guild, just the raidteam he's currently in.

it sounds like the OP isn't being clear in 'what he wants'. before posting a thread like this i would have,

A) gone to the raidleader and complained about poor performers in the raid
    B) gone to the guildmaster and offered to lead the raid, a different raidgroup, or failing those telling him im no longer enjoying raiding with that group, and would prefer not to until things change.

Personally though, flex is flex. If the OP is going to continue running in a 'relaxed friends and family'-oriented raid you have to get comfortable carrying people... but THEY also have to get comfortable with 'alright, we're on the next wing now, we're gonna have to drop you for tonight, thanks for coming!'

I gotta wonder though, what kinda group they have that cant carry a single 70k dps. Especially on wing 2. Only reasons I can come up with is they're trying to do it as an 'easymode 10man' instead of just filling with more people.... or there's serious strategy issues.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Vajarra View Post
    From someone who has lost several so-called friends to other guilds/servers... if you really value them as friends, that's worth more than raids. It's easy to gear an alt now, do that if you absolutely must raid.
    It's really not worth losing friendships over.
    Depends entirely on what your goals in this game are.

Next time you're out to lunch maybe mention this to him and see what he says?

10+ Year Old Account
    This was pretty much my guild in ToT, except it was just one bad player, our druid tank. Fortunately he was someone who joined our guild back during Firelands, and most people didn't like him anyway. We were stuck on Dark Animus... And I had had enough of this druid. I told my guild leader after raid one night that either me or this druid were not going to be raiding anymore, your choice. Luckily he chose the druid, and then we progression killed Dark Animus, Iron Qon and Twin Consorts in 2.5 hours. Stupid druid lol.

Anyway if you want to progress, help the problem raid members improve or tell them they can't raid. Or if that's not important, then keep wiping.

Quote Originally Posted by Halicia View Post
    -snip-

I gotta wonder though, what kinda group they have that cant carry a single 70k dps. Especially on wing 2. Only reasons I can come up with is they're trying to do it as an 'easymode 10man' instead of just filling with more people.... or there's serious strategy issues.
    It's not just one person pulling 70k. It's the GM/raid leaders friend (or girlfriend, not sure of their relationship) not being able to heal and understand mechanics at the same time, the DPS that pulls 170-180k DPS but doesn't move from the fire or understand how to stack, AND the DPS pulling 70k that can't handle the simplest mechanics. There are 4 or 5 of us (including the GM/raid leader) that are completely competent, but the others seem to hold us back. As some of the idiots are people that have been with the guild since classic, the GM isn't exactly able to tell them exactly what the problem is.