Question Shaman, Priest and Druid

I would love to just read some comments from players who enjoyed both healing and dealing spell damage as one of these classes: Shaman, Priest and Druid. These classes are the only classes that can be a ranged spell caster for dealing damage and healing (in one class).

Might be wise to mention what kind of comments. I raided on my Priest as both specs, raided on my Druid as both specs, and healed on my Shaman. But I don't really know what comments you're looking for... I guess it's fun to play a versatile class that can fill multiple roles depending on my mood and what the group needs.

Quote Originally Posted by Rucati View Post
    Might be wise to mention what kind of comments. I raided on my Priest as both specs, raided on my Druid as both specs, and healed on my Shaman. But I don't really know what comments you're looking for... I guess it's fun to play a versatile class that can fill multiple roles depending on my mood and what the group needs.
    Comments in term of leveling, questing or doing dungeons. The mechanism of the class, both dealing damage and healing, how the experience is for you personally? Perhaps share some + points and some - minus points?

I prefer melee dps so shaman/druid all the way. From there I prefer enhancement > feral > boomkin > elemental and see the healer specs similar enjoyment but different.
    Quote Originally Posted by Endus View Post
    which is kind of like saying "of COURSE you can't see the unicorns, unicorns are invisible, silly."

Quote Originally Posted by Gnome View Post
    Comments in term of leveling, questing or doing dungeons. The mechanism of the class, both dealing damage and healing, how the experience is for you personally? Perhaps share some + points and some - minus points?
    That I can do.

Currently leveling my Shaman to 90 (Priest and Druid are already there) and it's basically the same thing on all 3 classes. Do quests as your DPS spec while you're in the queue for healing a dungeon. Healing dungeons while leveling is faceroll easy and I usually play Tetris or something during them, tanks have so much self healing you don't really need to do anything unless something majorly idiotic happens. That actually holds true all the way through heroics at 90, but still. All 3 classes have pretty different playstyles, but leveling was more or less even on all of them. I did Shadow/Disc, Balance/Resto, and Enh/Resto, although Ele/Resto would be better since it's only one set of gear. Regardless though, leveling is pretty simple. There's virtually zero downtime because you can self heal with a HoT after every 2-3 enemies and you're set, so leveling is really fast. It's fast as every class though, doesn't matter.

I won't really get into the mechanics too much, since I'm bad at being concise as you can probably tell from my previous paragraph. I will say that currently for PvP Shaman/Priest > Druid depending *heavily* on the setup you run. In raids all 3 are strong, but I'd probably put Druids above the others, at least in terms of 10 mans. Obviously that can change with any patch.

I love the hybrid classes (4 of my 6 level 90s are hybrids, and my Shaman will hit 90 in a day or two) personally. Being able to get instant queues for LFR is amazing, over having to wait 45 minutes. I mainly PvP though, and your role is far less important than your class most of the time. Hybrids seem really good in PvP though right now.

I read the title and immediately thought ".......walk into a bar."

Anyway...I love priest damage and healing, its my 2nd favorite class in the game.
    Leveling isnt too hard if your equipped with heirlooms, but that could be said for any class.

Never been a fan of Shamans....didnt like the totem management

Havent played much Druid...tho i did level a boomkin to around 60, but didnt like being "forced" into chicken form.

I would suggest trying them all....if for nothing else but fun.

Quote Originally Posted by Role Unknown View Post
    Havent played much Druid...tho i did level a boomkin to around 60, but didnt like being "forced" into chicken form.
    If you look away from the Moonkin form, how was the speed of being a caster Druid dealing damage, did it feel powerful or quick'casting (bursty)?

Quote Originally Posted by Gnome View Post
    I would love to just read some comments from players who enjoyed both healing and dealing spell damage as one of these classes: Shaman, Priest and Druid. These classes are the only classes that can be a ranged spell caster for dealing damage and healing (in one class).
    Comments around what aspects? I have played Shaman, Druid and Priest, both in endgame pve (raids) and pvp (rbg).

If you want most fun gameplay in both healing and damage dealing, take Priest. Not only he has a strong dd spec, he also has TWO healing specs with a very different yet engaging gameplay in both. Shadow's only minus is kind of lack of mobility, but that is not needed too much to be honest.

I tried Shaman, and well, I didn't like its gameplay as a healer (boring 3 button spam - put a rain, press a totem and spam chain healing all the way. i'm sorry, dear blizzard, but that is what I call shit gameplay; and if you take healers gameplay which must be like a strategy game, well, shaman just does not fits here at all since all he does is spam spam spam spam spam chain healing, which even is not needed to target the most wounded people since it is a "smart" heal and it does it by itself), and ele's gameplay made me want to delete ele spec asap (beyond boringness, the very example of boring boringness it is. even arcane mage gameplay is more interesting than ele, lol).

Druids I just despise in all specs, they are like a bad copies - moonkin is like a bad copy of a mage, cat is a very bad copy of rogue, bear is kind of nice but yet just a copy of a warrior, and resto is plain copy of holy priest with some op abilities added for the sake of increasing their numbers.

So, if you ask me, Priest is a clean winner here. Try healing monk too, Fistweaving is cool
    Last edited by l33t; 2013-10-17 at 09:34 AM.

He wants to know which class to play, just those topics aren't allowed so it wasn't mentioned in the OP
    That should help you deliver your information

Quote Originally Posted by Imnick View Post
    He wants to know which class to play, just those topics aren't allowed so it wasn't mentioned in the OP
    That should help you deliver your information
    I don't want to know which class to play as I play a Monk (and I know how to pick my own class). This is not what the topic is about.
    I'm trying to make conversations and enjoy reading players experience in term of what I think is interesting to read about.
    Isn't that what forums is all about, sharing, caring and making conversations.
    Last edited by Gnome; 2013-10-17 at 10:03 AM.

Priest has all 3 good specs, Shadow is about DoTs and short cooldown nukes - Discipline about shields that absorb damage, and Holy all about healing with a lot of instant spells and a few HoT spells. Both priest specs excel at healing spread targets.

Druid's tank and resto specs are fun and simple - but the cat and boomkin require a lot of practice due to (overly) complex rotations. Lots of fun utility and stuff like stealth and flight form, good crowd control.

Shamans DPS specs are good, with useful totems and strong off-healing. Resto has (traditionally) bad spread healing in (mostly) 10 man, but it is viable.

Personally, if Druid's DPS specs were not so needlessly complicated my main would be a druid.

10+ Year Old Account
    We don't allow "Help Me Choose My Class" threads. There is so much information about all 3 classes in our class forums and the decision is yours to make, alone.