Questions on the 2 dispels.

So I was just wondering about priests 2 dispel abilities: Mass Dispel and Dispel Magic and so this is going to be a two part question.

First off, I have been noticing a lot of videos where people cast Mass Dispel quite quickly, like really fast. My cast time with that ability is 1.5 seconds or so. Is there a glyph or something that increasing the casting speed or was it originally on a fast cast time but they nerfed it?

Second question is I'd just like to know if I should be casting Dispel magic in arenas a lot or at all. I only just started doing arenas and I never use the spell but I recently saw a video by Reckful where he spams the hell out of it.

Thanks as always.

Question 1:

Glyph of Mass Dispel

That is the only glyph i believe for mass dispel. It used to decrease cast time, but now not so much.

Question 2:

Yes use mas dispel as often as you can without putting yourself in a bad place with mana since it is quite expensive compared to cata. It not only keeps your team clear of harmful magic effects, but will dispel the opposing team of their beneficial magic spells.
    Last edited by Avada Kedavra; 2013-10-18 at 02:12 PM.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

I am assuming your shadow because you say MD has a 1.5s cast time. It has a .5 cast time for disc and holy, so thats probably what you are seeing.

Use MD typically to get your healer out of trouble. If you can MD a trap or poly it can be game saving.

Spam dispel like crazy. Learn the things you want to dispel and the classes its most useful against. For example, dispelling is most important against:

-Mages, you can dispel pretty much everything they do and really lower their damage by spam dispelling them.
    -Holy/disc Priest hots and shields. Also priest/monk/lock/pally buffs that a player starts the game with.
    -Ele's lava flows purging will really limit their dmg.
    -Rdruids hots, but remember dispelling lifebloom will heal the target (but can be really useful pre-swap while the target is at full health).

Quote Originally Posted by junn View Post
    I am assuming your shadow because you say MD has a 1.5s cast time. It has a .5 cast time for disc and holy, so thats probably what you are seeing.

Use MD typically to get your healer out of trouble. If you can MD a trap or poly it can be game saving.

Spam dispel like crazy. Learn the things you want to dispel and the classes its most useful against. For example, dispelling is most important against:

-Mages, you can dispel pretty much everything they do and really lower their damage by spam dispelling them.
    -Holy/disc Priest hots and shields. Also priest/monk/lock/pally buffs that a player starts the game with.
    -Ele's lava flows purging will really limit their dmg.
    -Rdruids hots, but remember dispelling lifebloom will heal the target (but can be really useful pre-swap while the target is at full health).
    Thank you =)