Deleted

[Mage] Do the developers hate frost or something?

Why does every weapon for us have crit on it?

Deleted
    Because they love fire. *irony*

(That's why they nerf combustion and buffed frobo and ice lance.)

The question you should be asking is why does every single one of your tier pieces have crit.

I thought that crit was actually pretty cool for Frost...
    He slipped out of his royal garments, left eternity to enter time, divinity to wrap himself in humanity.
    The sea of glass, for the ocean of separation. He left peace, and for the first time felt pain.
    Because the very hands that held the stars were now sentenced to wear my scars.

It's all right for PvP, it's just the worst stat for PvE now because Mastery moved ahead of it. Crit has a pretty low cap anyway.
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

10+ Year Old Account
    Crit is our worst stat ok, but thanks to the new mastery it's a better stat that pre 5.4. Frostbolt, Waterbolt, Frozen orb and bombs still use crit past the softcap. With good gear all three stats are very close.

Crit is not that bad for frost, if you get frostbolt crits the damage for the frostbolt/precense of mind frostfire bolts icicles will be much more. haste and mastery are still better ofc, but it's good to have some crit.

Yes, Dev's hate frost. That's why everything in SoO has crit. On a side note, have you noticed that all of the caster cloth warfoged gear from Ordos has NO crit. So there...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Babylonia View Post
    Yes, Dev's hate frost. That's why everything in SoO has crit. On a side note, have you noticed that all of the caster cloth warfoged gear from Ordos has NO crit. So there...
    Yeah gotta hope to get some warforged pieces from Ordos. Too bad its at the expense of tier pieces. And Ordos obv drops no weapons

imo they should bake this into the game for the good of wow and humanity:

"any crit that would put the spell/ability over 100% critical strike rating instead increases the damage/healing of the spell/ability by an additional +x."

goes for any class and spec. it would help deal with the stupid amount of crit some specs have to take during a dry season, and helps our abilities scale better when there is less mastery/haste to go around than the previous tier. it also helps fire out with scaling i guess if they did some extra tuning.

Yeah, Ordos gear is covered in mastery.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Not Againnn View Post
    imo they should bake this into the game for the good of wow and humanity:

"any crit that would put the spell/ability over 100% critical strike rating instead increases the damage/healing of the spell/ability by an additional +x."

goes for any class and spec. it would help deal with the stupid amount of crit some specs have to take during a dry season, and helps our abilities scale better when there is less mastery/haste to go around than the previous tier. it also helps fire out with scaling i guess if they did some extra tuning.
    Yep something like that wouldn't hurt at all!

10+ Year Old Account
    Not one of our stats helps all spells all the time.

This is why we constantly have arguments about what's best.

10+ Year Old Account
    Crit is not bad for frost. Not as good as haste/mastery currently, but its not bad.

Frost has been one of the if not the best pvp spec in the game for somewhere around 9 years now.

They've also been tinkering for 2 expansions now on how to get frost to be up to par with fire/arcane for PvE.

So I would say... no, the devs don't hate frost. They've actually said before they don't want you to ever have a whole set of perfect pieces.

Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post

I think you're forgetting about mastery for arcane...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zavri View Post
    I think you're forgetting about mastery for arcane...
    Thread is titled frost not arcane. I also think by now the community knows I post about frost

Quote Originally Posted by Akraen View Post

Mastery helping the lowest!

I still don't know why people love Icicles so much. The only difference between Icicles and Frostburn is that it affects FB instead of IL (in addition, if a target dies while Icicles are being flung at it, Icicles get WASTED, which results in a DPS loss).
    Still wondering why I play this game.
    I'm a Rogue and I also made a spreadsheet for the Order Hall that is updated for BfA.

Quote Originally Posted by Polarthief View Post
    Mastery helping the lowest!

I still don't know why people love Icicles so much. The only difference between Icicles and Frostburn is that it affects FB instead of IL (in addition, if a target dies while Icicles are being flung at it, Icicles get WASTED, which results in a DPS loss).
    Personally, it's because:
    - It's a nice visual
    - It affects FrB, which is (usually) a bigger percentage of your damage done in PVE fights than IL.
    - It let's us dump points into something besides haste.