Deleted

Strange problem with new build, help? :(

Hey guys just bought a few new upgrades for my rig, PSU, CPU, Mobo and SSD.

Anyhow when I got them open and assembled everything turned on the power, it did the, split second of power then nothing, thing.

So I thought something would probably be shorting it out, so I started breadboarding it and got it down to Motherboard with PSU, CPU.

Still doing the same thing when I turn it on. So i switch out the motherboard for my old one and... it works. I then place the new motherboard back and use my old PSU. That also worked but it hasn't enough power for all my components to be running together (240W).

So just wondering if anyone has any insight into what might be the problem?

Ill list off my parts:

i5 4670k 3.40GHZ Haswell

Gigabyte Intel Z87 DDR3 ATX Mobo (Socket 1150)

EVGA SuperNova NEX 650W Modular Power supply.

Radeon HD HiS Turbo 7950 GFX Card

EliTe 2 x 4g Ram

I dont know if you guys need/want any more information but just ask if you do, Im at a dead end of what It could be really. Thanks guys!

P.s This probably is no help at all but my old PSU wasnt modular whereas this one is fully modular, never dealt with modular before so its new to me but I did everything I should've Im quite sure,
    24 Pin MB Cable in, 8 Pin CPU cable in, 2x6 VGA cables in. SATA cable in.

Thanks guys, Adam.

I have to get back to work but ill be back to check and responses at about 10:15 pm GMT. Thanks to anyone who can help.
    Last edited by mmocbe99705729; 2013-10-17 at 03:46 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    So the setup (sans GPU), works with with the old PSU, however using the new PSU and GPU, it doesn't work.

It may be a DOA power supply, or GPU, then.
    Gaming: Dual Intel Pentium III Coppermine @ 1400mhz + Blue Orb | Asus CUV266-D | GeForce 2 Ti + ZF700-Cu | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 | Whistler Build 2267
    Media: Dual Intel Drake Xeon @ 600mhz | Intel Marlinspike MS440GX | Matrox G440 | 1024mb Crucial PC-133 @ 166mhz | Windows 2000 Pro

IT'S ALWAYS BEEN WANKERSHIM | Did you mean: Fhqwhgads
    "Three days on a tree. Hardly enough time for a prelude. When it came to visiting agony, the Romans were hobbyists." -Mab