Page 1 of 2
LastLast
    Deleted

General Nazgrim and adds 10%

Most sites say an extra wave of adds, does he send a full wave (4) at 10% and what are most guilds doing with them?
    Root and leave the Iron blade?
    Kill shaman or off tank pickup and move away and DPS stay boss and just interrupt him?
    Kill the mage as can't be tanked?
    Root or kill the assassin?
    Any tips for the fight in general? Tank at start location or move to add spawn location?
    Thanks

We saved Bloodlust for the low % phase and just finished him off. (2nd tank picked up all the adds ofc and made sure that no shamans are near Nazgrim) Seems to be the go-to tactic atm. (Not talking about heroic btw, but I think you mean normal anyway.)

Definitely do what aletuna said, save lust for 10%, have the off tank pick up everything and keep them in the back, far from the boss, you won't have to worry about interrupting the shamans and can instead use it for the casters.

10+ Year Old Account
    For starters, its all 4 of the adds- assasin, mage, shaman, ironblade, in addition to the timed waves.

One strat, if you have 1 min + on the enrage timer, is to BL and just nuke all the adds down quickly, shouldnt take no more then 20 seconds with all dps+tank burning.

Another is to just burn the boss down, and have a tank keep all the warshamans away from the boss.

A third is to CC the warshamen and burn the boss down.

Really, its up to you. Burning the boss down and tanking the warshaman away will result with a few deaths, but will give you a kill. Burning the adds should also give you a kill, with fewer deaths, but the fight will last a bit longer. CC the adds will add a slighlty longer kill then the first method, but also result in less deaths overall.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Make sure if you burn the boss that you are stunning and interrupting the Mage adds. At 5-10 stacks, they can start one shotting people with their casted spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Aletuna View Post
    We saved Bloodlust for the low % phase and just finished him off. (2nd tank picked up all the adds ofc and made sure that no shamans are near Nazgrim) Seems to be the go-to tactic atm. (Not talking about heroic btw, but I think you mean normal anyway.)
    That is also viable on heroic too btw.

15+ Year Old Account
    The timed waves eventually stop sending adds. At 15% we stopped DPS and handled that wave. Then pushed him to 10%, lusted, burned adds and finished him off.

We just ignore the adds and burned him at 10%, making sure a ranged gains aggro on the shaman to keep them far away from the boss. That's about it, honestly.

10+ Year Old Account
    Until you have really good dps and can burn him down before the 7th wave of adds, I suggest waiting until after you clear up the 10th wave of adds. Wave 7-10 are 3 adds each, whereas 1-6 are only 2 adds. That means you might have to deal with 7 things at once if you try to burn him. Its easier to just stop dps on the boss and clear up all the adds and then after wave 10 dies then push him below 10% and blow up the 4 adds that will spawn and then continue on the boss.

Nazgrim's add waves are static and always spawn from specific locations (there are charts for each difficulty floating around if you search for it). It's 10 waves until you hit the 10% burn. At 10%, waves of adds start again and happen with more frequency. Most guilds try to line up a tank swap right before the boss is pushed over at 10%, tank picks up what they can, everyone burns boss (with lust), whoever has the assassin on them just makes sure they don't turn their back to it, otherwise a cascade of death happens.

10+ Year Old Account
    We haven't done it on normal yet, but the easiest way on flex to do it for my group has been get to 15% or so, pop BL and all cooldowns and burn him dead before the adds get a chance to really do anything. We assign one tank and 2 dps to the adds to just interrupt any shaman heals, everyone else nukes the boss. (This is with a 25man flex group) If you can line that phase up with his berserker stance it makes it even easier.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Fanatik View Post
    At 10%, waves of adds start again and happen with more frequency.
    Pretty sure at 10% only one wave comes out (all 4 types) and after those are dead, no more adds spawn from that mechanic. So if you kill that wave after wave 10, there are no more adds. That's what I have seen in every pull where we used that tactic until our dps was strong enough to kill it in wave 5.

10+ Year Old Account
    Bloodlist, we only kill the shaman, I interrupt the arcweaver, we ignore the other two. Boss goes down so fast.

I think probably we should just burn the boss without even killing the shaman with some adjustments but just easier this way.

for moderation questions/concerns, please contact a global:

TzivaRadux SimcaElysiaZaelsinoxskarmaVenara

| twitch | bsky
    |

10+ Year Old Account
    For the add wave at 10% we just make sure that all previous waves are killed (specially shamans) before 10%, then the tank on adds for that time, just mops all adds up, other tanks boss. People ignore and just burn. Easiest way.

Last time we even burned from 10% to 0 during Defensive stance...

But for general boss tacs: kill ALWAYS the shamans first+totems, then the mages, then the rogues then the blades. Shamans are annoying just cause if Nazgrim charges to a bad place, he might get an accidental totem heal. Mages oneshot people with bit lower HP. Tank boss where he is pulled. Move only from the whirly blade.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ailyara View Post
    Pretty sure at 10% only one wave comes out (all 4 types) and after those are dead, no more adds spawn from that mechanic. So if you kill that wave after wave 10, there are no more adds. That's what I have seen in every pull where we used that tactic until our dps was strong enough to kill it in wave 5.
    Good to know it's exactly 10 waves. But yes you are correct. Once the 10% set comes out no more spawn. We sat there until enrage with 3 people alive and nothing new spawned.

Deleted
    Well like many ppl here says the best way is just to burn boss down keeping shamans away from him and ignore stuff like defensive stance and banner 1-2 ravagers arent something big deal

Deleted
    Hey, I can pick the easiest tactic for your raid ever.
    The problem is, we were wiping on this boss for a few hours, and the pulls were around 2-3%.
    So I've came up with this:
    Go for 3 healers (it becomes much easier) and make it so, that when the boss enters his 3rd defensive stance he has around 12%.
    With this strategy, tanks will finish off 2%, adds will come out (but there will not be many of them) and you can easily finish off the boss.
    We've 1st pulled hit with this strat, hope it helps.

done it on heroic, but we get many ghetto kills, 1 with our blood dk alive due to purgatory boss dies, dk dies. another with the adds just raping everyone and boss dies with a few people left alive.

be much safer to just kill the adds, especially the shaman to avoid heals.

Deleted
    Thanks all, we were tanking him where he spawns but was thinking of moving him to where the adds come out so it's easier to kill them. Just move the shaman away to stop any totem boss heals. Does anyone do it this way? If the shaman casts earth shield sites it heal instantly or become active after a few seconds (so a small window to dispel?)

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    We just have one tank pick up everything, and keep them in the back. Other tank takes Nazgrim as far away as possible.

Tank AoE stuns, snares and interrupts the mage. We use lust earlier on the second berseker (on heroic) because he's at 15% when his second defensive stance ends anyway. Usually push him close to 10%, kill that wave of adds then move him away and ignore adds. We usually have a few deaths 10% goes by really quick.