Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    People insist that Vanilla and BC were WoW's heyday, yet those were the most casual unfriendly xpacs. Even Wrath didn't completely bend over. I think people are abusing the whole "I have a life/job" excuse.

If your life is so bad then you shouldn't be playing MMO's to begin with.
    STRESS
    The confusion caused when one's mind
    overrides the body's basic
    desire to choke the living shit out of
    some jerk who desperately needs it

Quote Originally Posted by Zeddicious View Post
    Oh really? How about us that actually work FULL 40+ hours a week + Full time/Part time school (10-20hrs), PLUS homework time, ONTOP of Family, friends and sleeping. Not to mention playing on a mostly dead server with over-full guilds.

So yes, i can use that argument. Your arugument however, is invalid.

OT: I personally think Flex should offer the same.
    I work a full 40 hours a week, go to school (9 credits), maintain a steady (and somewhat successful) freelance design business, maintain a relationship, and I'm able to keep in touch with friends and such.

I also find time to raid 12 hours a week. So by your logic, your argument is invalid.

It is extremely doable to sustain a job, go to school, have friends, and play video games. It comes down to how you want to prioritize your time and energy. I am by no means a special snowflake because I can balance my work and hobbies - just proving it is doable.

Are people seriously arguing that they don't have time to raid normals? You guys have months before 6.0, don't tell me with a straight face 6+ months isn't enough time to kill Garrosh on normal(Even for the least skilled players). There are plenty of super casual raiding guilds who raid 1-2 days a week, they may not be the best progressed but most of them will have Garrosh normal down before 6.0.

You people have all the time you need to get the Kor'kron wolf before it's no longer obtainable.

Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    You do realize that there are a LOT of people who have schedules that just don't work with a raiding schedule? The only days that I can play at a decent hour are Monday, Tuesday, and every other Thursday from 5-8PM. It just doesn't work with a raiding guild. Work/family is a totally valid reason for not being able to raid, family especially, expecting someone to form their schedule around a guild's raid times is very unreasonable.

I know perfectly well that a lot of people's schedule don't fit with a lot of raiding guild's schedules. I also know that there are A LOT of guilds out there that raid very lightly and on various days at various times. I find it hard to believe that you wouldn't be able to find a guild that doesn't raid on those days, but that's neither here nor there. No one demands and/or expects you to form your schedule around a guild's raid times, but I also hope you don't expect Blizzard to throw large rewards at you when you randomly decide that you can log in and play. The game doesn't work like that, if you want substantial rewards then you have to put a substantial time investment in.

This an MMO, time investment is the name of the game. Blizzard places value on the team experience and the social aspect of working together towards a goal, if that's not something that you want to do then just buy a kill from a guild that is selling it and be content. If you want to see the content, LFR and Flex enable you to do that without being in a guild or investing a lot of time. Hell, Blizzard even lowered the requirements for the raid achievements mount and made it so that you can get them in Flex, so I don't think you have the room to complain. If you can't/won't invest the time, then tough shit, but you might be playing the wrong game.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by RoKPaNda View Post
    It's fine, mount is ugly, and now that they're an even smaller minority than ever before raiders are starting to feel like second class citizens so in order to make them feel better they need cosmetic things like a mount and achievements.

You do realize that there are a LOT of people who have schedules that just don't work with a raiding schedule? The only days that I can play at a decent hour are Monday, Tuesday, and every other Thursday from 5-8PM. It just doesn't work with a raiding guild. Work/family is a totally valid reason for not being able to raid, family especially, expecting someone to form their schedule around a guild's raid times is very unreasonable.

This is almost the EXACT raiding schedule I have(swap Tuesday with Saturday though) and we knocked out our first 2 heroic kills last night. It's doable.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by det View Post
    What bias is this?

If you guys are soooo for "rewarding outstanding" achievements - then man up and demand that ONLY HMs should award it. Full clears, no less. Normal should be considered watered down rading. Period.
    I hope you aren't serious, because this is ridiculous. He didn't argue any of the extra points that you made up. Exclusive rewards for top notch effort does not mean that we should strip any rewards from lower difficulties. What the hell man.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    Does he reward these? I know normal and heroic obviously give ahead of the curve, and the mount for completing, I know flex you can do the metas for the galakras looking mount. What does flex reward ahead of curve? If so that seems silly.
    You haven't stated your question. I'm truly confused after reading that.
    Science flies you to the moon. Religion flies you into buildings.
    To resist the influence of others, knowledge of oneself is most important.

Quote Originally Posted by TheBGreene View Post
    You see, what I like most about this is the perception of these guilds. I have news for you, they raid an absurd amount of hours for like 2 weeks and then it gets dialed wayyyyyy back.

All and all, Guilds like Method raid LESS over the entirety of a tier than groups that raid 3 days a week. Their schedule is just super front loaded.
    No, no they don't. My guild raids 12 hours a week, they raid 12 hours a day for the first week or so and maybe a little under that for week 2 (I'm probably underestimating their time here). This means that in a week they've accounted for 7 weeks of us raiding - after 2 weeks, lets say 12. That's 3 months of our raiding in 2 weeks. It's only been 1 month and we're going to be 12/14H this week.

Then consider that they don't stop raiding completely when they clear a tier. After last tier they ran like 2 alt runs that full cleared ToT. Even if they blaze through each run in 2.5 hours, that's still 7.5 hours a week. Light compared to their opening schedule, sure, but still a decent amount.

Perhaps if you were talking about a 3 day guild that raided 5 hours a day and it took 6 months to finish a tier your math would work out.

Quote Originally Posted by cuafpr View Post
    for some people jobs/life gets in the way of that... it should be awarded in Flex IMO.
    baddie detected, i mean come on that's a poor excuse, you have time to raid flexible but not normal mode? normal is not really that hard, it's practically flex with higher numbers, not like heroic with new phases and mechanics to deal with. a few weeks gearing up in flex learning all the tactics, then whoever you did flex with try go with the same people and do normal mode there's nothing new to surprise you just the higher numbers.

i've heard of LFRs taking hours and hours to just clear part 2, my guild does 9/14 heroic in 3 hours so please don't pull the job/life/time card when you already spend enough time in 1 difficulty to simply use that time on the next one up not including normal->heroic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    I only play WoW to raid, the rest of the time is my own life. (33 hours work week + family & friends) We raid 12 hours a week and do it all just fine.(5/14HC 10 man) (only 7% of a week's time)

Join a guild that works around your time and you'll be fine. Plus, you get metas. The mount is heroic only and looks terrible imho.

You can't use life/jobs as an excuse for bad scheduling
    What about me. I can work from 7am to 5pm, 8am to 6pm, 3pm to 02am, etc. My hours change every week. Not really easy getting into a guild where I can skip out on a ton of raids due to working.
    Hi

for some people jobs/life gets in the way of that... it should be awarded in Flex IMO.
    Then maybe raiding isn't for you. That's what flex is for.

Quote Originally Posted by pixor View Post
    This is the best sentence I read in my whole life. All the people who say that they have a life/jobs and wants all the rewards to be mailed to them for free, should really read this. Its like if I got a job at those peoples workplace, and only wanted to work 2-3 hours/week, because I wanted to play video games rest of the time - should I get the same payment as them, even though, they're working for like 40+ hours? Get the connection..
    Ignorant. We're not asking for things to be mailed to us for "free". I'm in college so I work a job that ISN'T a 9-5 every day. My schedule changes every week, I close some days, and open other days. So for people like me, a job gets in the way of guild raiding. Unless of course I demand the 9 other people raid the days and times I can. But, according to you that's expected and not selfish.

In my opinion it should be awarded in flex as well. It's not like you go in there with just anyone with over 500 ilvl and one shot all the bosses like you make it out to be.

Understand now?

Quote Originally Posted by Zamfix View Post
    Then maybe raiding isn't for you. That's what flex is for.
    Flex is still raiding...
    Why does everyone in this thread think Flex = /flex your arms while walking to a mailbox to get your loot.

I don't get it.
    Last edited by QwertySham; 2013-10-18 at 11:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by QwertySham View Post
    Ignorant. We're not asking for things to be mailed to us for "free". I'm in college so I work a job that ISN'T a 9-5 every day. My schedule changes every week, I close some days, and open other days. So for people like me, a job gets in the way of guild raiding. Unless of course I demand the 9 other people raid the days and times I can. But, according to you that's expected and not selfish.

In my opinion it should be awarded in flex as well. It's not like you go in there with just anyone with over 500 ilvl and one shot all the bosses like you make it out to be.

Understand now?

Flex is still raiding...
    Why does everyone in this thread think Flex = /flex your arms while walking to a mailbox to get your loot.

I don't get it.
    Flex already has a mount, you can get the galakaras mount. Why must you have the Kor'kron wolf too? What's next, are you going to ask for the kor'kron juggernaut to drop on flex too?

You don't have to be hardcore, there are some guilds who raid so little and progress so slow they won't have normal garrosh down for months but I bet once they do get it, it will be extremely rewarding for them and they will treasure that mount.

You have ~6+ months before 6.0 and the mount no longer obtainable. Chill out, you have a huge amount of time. It'll be easily pugable by then. If you must have the mount right now then you're going to have to commit time and effort into it like anything else in life.
    Last edited by Orcindauh; 2013-10-19 at 12:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    Flex already has a mount, you can get the galakaras mount. Why must you have the Kor'kron wolf too? What's next, are you going to ask for the kor'kron juggernaut to drop on flex too?

You don't have to be hardcore, there are some guilds who raid so little and progress so slow they won't have normal garrosh down for months but I bet once they do get it, it will be extremely rewarding for them and they will treasure that mount.

You have ~6+ months before 6.0 and the mount no longer obtainable. Chill out, you have a huge amount of time. It'll be easily pugable by then. If you must have the mount right now then you're going to have to commit time and effort into it like anything else in life.
    Actually you know what. I just changed my position on this mount. I was under the assumption that it was just a "kill Garrosh" achievement. Reading "Defeat Garrosh Hellscream on 10-Player Normal difficulty, prior to the release of the next tier of content." that extra bit, made me realize that this shouldn't be available to flex. To me, the true raiding difficulties are the ones that drop loot on bosses, not in bags. Also, it's to prove you did defeat Garrosh on the real difficulties while it was content.

Thank you, and reading full achievement before I comment from here on out.

All you have to do is clear the raid on normal mode within the time frame of about a year. I think you can handle it.

Quote Originally Posted by Orcindauh View Post
    The Kor'kron wolf, or the galakaras mount?

They both look absolutely amazing, even though I'm not a huge fan of proto drakes .... that one just looks kinda cool. The wolf is just amazing, out of my 130ish mounts, that will be my default for a long while.
    Not like it's new, it's the RBG mount slightly reworked.
    Karuzo | Drainlife, US-Arthas
    Mistweaver Monk - armory - twitter - raider.io - twitch

Quote Originally Posted by Spotnick View Post
    Not like it's new, it's the RBG mount slightly reworked.
    That's the case for almost every mount in the game, almost every mount has another version of it but slightly reworked. I prefer the kor'kron wolf over the RBG mount.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ihatepeople View Post
    There are guilds that clear (and farm) heroic content that only raid 2-3 days. Quit being lazy and find a guild that suits your schedule.
    It's not about time it's about commitment. I raid flex now because I can miss a day or even a reset and the raid isn't hurt much since things adjust to the size of the raid, nor do I get in trouble, risk my spot etc for doing so.

However, I also don't care about the mount or other rewards.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Blitzo View Post
    Then make your own guild and set hours :P
    Dont be silly. You can't expect 9/24 others to change their hours every time your hours change.

Quote Originally Posted by clevin View Post
    However, I also don't care about the mount or other rewards.
    If only everyone else complaining about not having enough time to kill normal Garrosh in 6+ months before 6.0 comes out felt the same way.

15+ Year Old Account
    Im not a professional footballer because i didnt get the correct guidance or training when i was young.

Should i get a world cup for playing Sunday league?