Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by enchanted View Post
    I mean we already have 3 famous moba competitors; lol,hon and dota with lol having the most audience. So would you think that blizzard might stand a chance against them and attract more players or not? Let the speculation begin. But I'd say that they have to introduce something that the other 3 MOBA's don't have in order for them to attract more people to their game.
    SMITE is bigger than HoN atm and growing rapidly, got backed by Tencent just a few months back.
    Last edited by mmoc30d0604caf; 2013-10-18 at 06:31 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    I highly doubt I would leave LoL for this. LoL's sexy skins is one of my fav things about the game.

From what I gather, it's not supposed to be an attempt at toppling LoL or Dota. Especially since it started off as a SC2 custom map.

I hope it cuts into LoL's domination. I just can't play LoL having to pay for heroes. Skins sure, early access sure, but not entire access.

Blizzard has a lot more influence than riot and more control than Valve because they work a niche market.

If they want it to go over well it will

- - - Updated - - -

League is shit but attract shit players.

MLG backed it but they also back Blizzard. I can see them taking control from Riot

Quote Originally Posted by iggie View Post
    I hope it cuts into LoL's domination. I just can't play LoL having to pay for heroes. Skins sure, early access sure, but not entire access.
    Dota 2 is already cutting in quite deep. Still far from at the same level, but with a growing playerbase and a striving E-sports scene, they are doing well. Oh and in Dota 2, you don't pay for heroes, and you can even get items just by playing.

If a year ago you would have said that Blizzard would make a digital card game that would be incredibly popular and one of the most popular games on Twitch. Would anyone believe you? You can be sure it will be popular, it is a Blizzard game with Blizzard characters. Will it be good? That we don't know yet.

Genuinely can't understand why anyone would play LoL over DotA 2, but assuming HotSt would be based on DotA mechanics I could see it being relatively successful, largely because it's backed by nostalgia for the original DotA mod as well as it being a Blizzard product.

I'm expecting it to be a modest success. It won't really make any waves, but it will do well enough to garner an audience.

I wonder whether they'll adapt well to a corporate shift to mostly F2P models. First Hearthstone, and now Heroes; I strongly doubt that they'll try to buck the trend by putting a price on it.
    If you are particularly bold, you could use a Shiny Ditto. Do keep in mind though, this will infuriate your opponents due to Ditto's beauty. Please do not use Shiny Ditto. You have been warned.

I stopped playing ARTS long ago. I played original Dota quite a lot back then and got bored. I have no interest in LoL or Dota2 because I find their art style to be quite terrible. I will try heroes of the storm just because it has my favourite heroes and Blizzard's art is far better than those two above.

I don't think HotS(Not Starcraft) will be groundbreaking though due a lot of reasons. I play only SC2 and WoW anyway.

10+ Year Old Account
    If it offers a little more complexity than LoL with the ease of understanding of a blizzard game, I can see it taking some players.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am currently a huge LoL fan, and will probably not quit LoL
    But the thought of maybe being Thrall running around with Doomhammer, killing Jim Raynor with Tyreal on my side just gets to me, I really want to try that out.

Its gonna be interesting to see how many people HotS exactly attracts.

Deleted
    I'll avoid thinking about this game. Frustation & disapointment is all I get from hype.

On topic, I'd say there are way too many MOBAs right now, but tbh most of them really suck.
    Blizz could be the one that pull off something great, but they wouldn't be the first to fail...

Quote Originally Posted by TDrog View Post
    I'll avoid thinking about this game. Frustation & disapointment is all I get from hype.

On topic, I'd say there are way too many MOBAs right now, but tbh most of them really suck.
    Blizz could be the one that pull off something great, but they wouldn't be the first to fail...
    This game is one of the least hyped though. Just like Hearthstone.

Deleted
    Can't really be bothered by Blizzard games anymore. I'll just stay with SMITE, it's really fun.

played the original dota, then HoN. Never could get into LoL Smite and all the other spinoffs since i tend to come in late to these games. This'll probably be a good place to start on a even footing with other players looking forward to it.

I'd say it'd be a big hit among Blizzard fans, but not so much with people who already play MOBA games like League or w/e.

I know I'm gonna love it so there's that.

10+ Year Old Account
    The thing about Heroes of the Storm, it already has a huge community that can support it & doesn't need to take people from the other MOBAs. Aslong as Blizzard implements Blizzard characters properly & they are fun to play eventually it will start pulling other players from the others games. But like Hearthstone there is already a big anough community to support it regardless. It just has to be a fun / challenging game in the end.

Since Blizzard has proved they aren't particularly good at balancing things I'm not expecting much. I can't think of any reasons why I'd go to Heroes of the Storm over DotA 2. I couldn't care less about Blizzard characters.

I guess it kind of depends on the game though. If it's like HoN/DotA where you deny creeps and the items are interesting and it's... You know, challenging... Then I'll probably check it out. If it's just faceroll skillshots like LoL then I won't even bother.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post
    The thing about Heroes of the Storm, it already has a huge community that can support it & doesn't need to take people from the other MOBAs. Aslong as Blizzard implements Blizzard characters properly & they are fun to play eventually it will start pulling other players from the others games. But like Hearthstone there is already a big anough community to support it regardless. It just has to be a fun / challenging game in the end.
    Who exactly is this huge community that it already has? And Hearthstone is popular because it is a good CCG and because it is one of the only ones on the market. A lot of players that does not really give a shit about Blizzard or warcraft is playing it/plan on playing it, myself included. Heroes of the Storm is quite literally walking into a storm, while as the CCG market was a still lake.