Deleted

Just noticed something odd about rune tap/death strike

I recently downloaded an addon to help get "optimised" death strike heals and I noticed my death strikes heal higher than the addon anticipates. So I satrted googling some calculations, and it heals me for about 18% more (75k instead of 64k) than the addon predicts it will. After being puzzled for a while I do something retardedly simple.

I pressed rune tap. With 916515 hp it heals me for 108148 hp. Calculating 7% out of 108148 I get the 75k hp back which death strike heals me for.

So I went to investigate even further. I've checked every buff I had and every passive ability in my spell book, but...I found no healing bonuses.

Am I bugged/being shown false hp/anything, or is this the case for every blood death knight?

Not sure, only explanations I can think of are:

1. You're not factoring in Scent of Blood with the Death Strikes, or the addon isn't rather. Though this likely isn't the case since Rune Tap also seems to be healing for extra.

2. Rune Tap seemed to heal you for more than the 10% it was supposed to, which seems in line with the extra healing Death Strike seems to do. What Runeforge are you using? Stoneskin?

Also what addon is it that you are using?

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Morros View Post
    Not sure, only explanations I can think of are:

1. You're not factoring in Scent of Blood with the Death Strikes, or the addon isn't rather. Though this likely isn't the case since Rune Tap also seems to be healing for extra.

2. Rune Tap seemed to heal you for more than the 10% it was supposed to, which seems in line with the extra healing Death Strike seems to do. What Runeforge are you using? Stoneskin?

Also what addon is it that you are using?
    Using stoneskin gargoyle as runeforge, and the addon is called "blood shield tracker". Do note 7% of 916515 is 64k like it predicts, (it takes scent of blood into account showing the ammount of stacks and increasing the number) and the 75k it heals for is 7% of 1081480 (which is 10 times what rune tap heals me for)

So basically it's all healing me as if I have 1081480 hp. My hp is 916515, though.

Also, yes I am referring only to death strikes used without stacks of scent of blood. Also tried with stacks, and both the predicted and the actual ammount go up with the buff, up to 128k predicted and 150k healed.

- - - Updated - - -

Update: logged my other blood Death Knight, and rune tap heals for 10% hp. (+1 as my hp ended with a 9)
    I'm puzzled, to say the least.. Should I ticket this or something? It's kind of creeping me out.

- - - Updated - - -

Update; it's....just a mysterious healing buff or my health is displayed incorrectly to me, and every other player I have ever heard about my hp. (I don't like to brag, but they do) Ticketed it, and I've been told I'll hear more in a few days. (ticket is resolved by the GM, but I'll give him a week before worrying)
    Last edited by mmoc9253cef1ab; 2013-10-12 at 05:29 AM. Reason: final note

It's called "estimated" heal for a reason by the addon and you yourself have used the word "predict" numerous times

15+ Year Old Account
    As said above: The addon can only give you an estimate, because the "damage taken during the last 5 seconds" is a bit vague and there's no easy way to get it 100% correct from the logs.

He's talking about minimum Death Strikes with no damage taken with no Scent of Blood stacks. There's no "estimate" to be made there, it should always be 7% of your HP.

In the future you should post your armory and a log of what's happening so people can actually see what's going on.

Definitely seems like some kind of bug, either it's not showing you your correct health, I've had Blood Presence be on before without actually buffing my HP, however the disparity you're giving kind of discounts that bug.

Could be like you said, some kind of mysterious invisible healing buff, would definitely like to know if you ever find out what it going on with it. I've always used Blood Shield Tracker as well, but I've never actually paid that close attention to it.

Without thinking about it too much and trying to get 18% error, that could almost happen if your addon isn't aware that your are Blood spec and doesn't recognize SSG. Doubt that's the issue but you could try swapping specs.

1.05 * 1.09 * 1.02 = 1.167

Of course, if you suspect it to be an addon error, I hope you've tried disabling all your addons. Manual calculation of total HP would also be a very simple check.
    "I have it all simmed."
    Euliat

don't suppose you've picked up the Thok amp trinket recently? since that's got increased healing in its amp effect and generally gets overlooked, wouldn't account for 18% obviously but may account for some of the wonky numbers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeket View Post
    don't suppose you've picked up the Thok amp trinket recently? since that's got increased healing in its amp effect and generally gets overlooked, wouldn't account for 18% obviously but may account for some of the wonky numbers.
    Thok's only amplifies crit heals. Death Strike can't critically heal, thus Thok's isn't causing the discrepancy.

Omoi, what was your full gear setup at the time of testing? What were your buffs?
    Quote Originally Posted by Everything Nice View Post
    Noodles and chocolate milk is the breakfast of Champions.
    Super Brony Friendfinder

there was a bug with that way back in cata beta where I calculated and it was also wrong. mayb this is still the same and never got fixed? would be very funny, a whole class bugged for 2 whole xpacs