H Malk Essence of Y'shaarj help

These things tend to creep up on our raiders, DBM does not give a warning that one is spawning under your feet. Does anyone know of a way for something to warn you? Addon? weak auras? whatever.

Thanks!

I heard eyes help.

But really no. There should be plenty of time between seeing that little fountain pop up and you moving. There's been other fights that had a similar random mechanic of a small graphic on the ground, move right two steps and be safe.

10+ Year Old Account
    Edit:

Nevermind, reading is hard, especially in the morning. Thought you were talking about the Breath, not the Essence ^^

Quote Originally Posted by Blaschnack View Post
    Edit:

Nevermind, reading is hard, especially in the morning. Thought you were talking about the Breath, not the Essence ^^
    That's not what he's after. He's talking about the little orbs on the ground.

And that addOn isn't always correct either. It relies on your raiders to be correct for it to be.

@ OP: No there isn't a way to warn you. You just need to watch your feet. You can move before it activates.

Deleted
    like the others said:

just open your eyes its a heroic boss and not a lfr pushover....

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by OokingDooker View Post
    These things tend to creep up on our raiders, DBM does not give a warning that one is spawning under your feet. Does anyone know of a way for something to warn you? Addon? weak auras? whatever.

Thanks!
    I have to agree with everyone else in this thread - this is a mechanic you have to handle yourselves. The only aura you could write is one that warns you if you have accidentally touched one of them and your barrier has disappeared.

If you have a boomy tell him to use glyph of stars, I fail so much on them in Moonkin form because my char is such a fat bastard and he covers them up
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

You guys are on Heroic Malk, I'm sure you've got a decent group of players to get there, just work on it a bit and you'll get it. "Newer" mechanics always seem to be a little bit more difficult to handle but once you get it, you get it.

Deleted
    Just as long you dont hug an orb just before soaking a purple a puddle it isnt a HUGE deal anyway. Surely its straining your healers a tad more but its not like this encounter is hard to heal to begin with. Unless you go full retard soaking everything that spawns near you its a very forgiving mechanic.

10+ Year Old Account
    Our people seem to have trouble when the orb spawns directly beneath them and their are alot of character animations going on (for example the legendary cloak proccs).

We get 4-5 of those each try where they just can't see them.

Any tips for that? (other than "play better" or "de-equip legendary claok")
    RL, GM and DK Tank for Guild redacted, EU-Gorgonnash
    Chars: Blood DK / Prot Paladin

Battle Tag: Riemu#2789

Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post
    Our people seem to have trouble when the orb spawns directly beneath them and their are alot of character animations going on (for example the legendary cloak proccs).

There aren't really any tips, you can see every spawn underneath you regardless of whatever spells/animations/cloak procs are going off. Saying 'I couldn't see it because of X at the same time' is just a weak excuse.

However, it is hard. During progress on Malk I had to stare at my feet the entire time to ensure I didn't fail it. People who need to switch target to the slime should use a macro for that instead of looking for it on screen. It will just get easier with time and wipes, like all mechanics.

Yea, this mechanic is pretty dumb considering a giant set of wings sprouts from your characters' back every few seconds, making it more cluttered around your character. Just assume that one will be spawning under you, and be prepare to move at all times. It especially sucks when the add knocks you into the air, and an orb spawns at the place where you land...

Quote Originally Posted by Riemu2k3 View Post

This can be a problem especially for large characters (Tauren). They could try to use Noggenfogger or something similar, maybe they will have an easier time to spot them.
    Other than that, for ranged DPS it should be a priority to watch out for orbs spawning as you don't need to look at the boss all the time while hitting your buttons. For healers, it's rather difficult, but after a few hours of learning the boss, they should also get used to it.