Not feeling OP with Combat - Feedback pls

I have had terrible luck with daggers, but got 2 flex combat weapons. 12/14 normal so far.

I don't feel like I am putting out enough damage compared to when I specced Assassination.

http://worldoflogs.com/reports/xhjigzys3vabrpai/

I played combat for all fights up to Malkorok. Would really really appreciate any feedback as the mage is constantly PWNing me.

combat isn't op. its okay. you're doing fine.

Uh that mage has 8 average ilvls more gear and arcane is very strong. If you were beating him it would mean he is playing at a far lower level than you. In fact you aren't stacking up that bad. He beat you by 3k dps on iron jug. You had the same number (though not necessarily equally optimally timed) gift of titans on Sha and only lost by 25k. Both of those would easily be in your favor if you had an avg ilvl of 560. Also your gear isn't that great for combat as you don't have the new 4 set or the old 4 set and either would be a good gain. But to give you an idea, SC has your gear ilvl 552 at 256k dps where as mine at 556 (still only halfway between you and that mage) comes up with 295k on SC. I think you're making something out of nothing.

Now he did cream you on a couple of fights, but I bet you that has to do with your strats. Protectors your dps as combat can vary massively depending on strat. Norushen logs depend a lot on who is logging because of phasing. Strat is important on Naz as well and you are definitely losing more dps running around during defensive stance than he would be. And again, a lot of the reason he seems to be creaming you (instead of just beating you) even on those fights is because he is at 560ilvl.

Sesshou, thanks for the feedback.

I've been struggling with my reforges, choosing between haste/crit (which is what shadowcraft advises) and mastery/haste which would be more reliable. I wish it was more clearcut i.e. we know exactly which stat is the priority like with fury warriors stacking crit.

Stood in the Fire
    10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I definitely wouldn't call Combat OP, although I think it's a very solid spec atm and seems quite reliable especially with sub OS.

As Sesshou said, it's going to be an uphill struggle to beat good mages/warlocks consistently right now, mostly due to range issues for our cleave compared to mutlidotting. However that said the gap on a decent fight for us should be quite minimal, which again Sesshou addressed :P.

TLR; what Sesshou said.

Edit:
    Quote Originally Posted by Chancie View Post

I've been struggling with my reforges, choosing between haste/crit (which is what shadowcraft advises) and mastery/haste which would be more reliable. I wish it was more clearcut i.e. we know exactly which stat is the priority like with fury warriors stacking crit.
    It certainly makes gearing more consistent to have secondary stat weights similar in value, warriors have to be a lot more selective with gear.

Although may I take a moment to curse all the hit gear in SoO.
    Last edited by adynn; 2013-10-18 at 01:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Chancie View Post

Um, sc should always be recommending haste > mastery > crit for combat afaik. The only thing that I've seen change is whether or not 2 haste > 1 agi.

I actually had it recommend crit over mastery for me last night. I'm apparently near a breakpoint where the values swap. Haste remains far above. I went with the Haste>mastery>crit reforge, which sced out slightly higher and also makes more sense to me. But the difference to the haste>crit>mastery was very small on there, and as haste>mastery>crit, 1 point of crit is better for me than 1 point of mastery.

10+ Year Old Account
    I am just nit picking is all, trying to help, just looking at the log you linked I chose Iron Juggz, your Slice and Dice is a tad low for a single target fight. You have 5 ruptures just be sure and carefull to only use in Deep Insight (also with Revealing Strike and SnD up). Try to squeez out more from your Teir 1 talent if you can (Shadow Focus), this is a problem I have as well, need to try and get off as many vanishes as possible.

These are overall minor things.

Quote Originally Posted by Byaah View Post
    You have 5 ruptures just be sure and carefull to only use in Deep Insight (also with Revealing Strike and SnD up).
    Not sure why you seem to have a hard on for necro'ing threads people haven't posted in for 2 weeks and therefore are extremely unlikely to check back on unless maybe they're regulars (27 posts so the OP clearly isn't)...

Closed. -Kael

Anyway, rupture is a dps gain over evis at any insight. If you're using it at all, no reason to only use it at deep. Also, I'm pretty sure that the old rule back from Cata still holds and the damage gain on a finisher from RvS is worth less than using RvS when at full cp. While unlikely and preventable to end up at 10cp with RvS just dropping, definitely had it happen to me before. So, no "only" rule on that one either.
    Last edited by Kael; 2013-10-29 at 03:34 AM.