Page 9 of 18 FirstFirst ...
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Gnome View Post
    And here is a example on how you all argue.
    All of you argue or try to make a point - if the ice cream existed before the other ice cream, it's all flavours.
    Sunlight might make you feel real joy, sunlight might make you feel real sad, it's.. about you..

And everything in this world can't be about you.. it just is, what it is.. you accept, you do what you do..
    Personal is personal, keep it personal.

Quite tired to see people argue 71 pages about flavor that will never go anywhere, all you will get by it is agree's and disagree's from people.
    This is a forum. Discussing/debating is what people do here. Just because they don't agree with you or don't argue in the way you want doesn't make you right. And per an earlier post of yours, if this is a reaction to a thread, you'd be better off replying to said thread. If people think your point is worth replying to, they will. You don't have to make a new thread just because nobody saw your reply.

10+ Year Old Account
    asorry wrong thread :P

had like 5 threads open >.<
    Last edited by Frozenbeef; 2013-10-18 at 01:00 PM.

Like us 30-40 year olds don't put much value on a bunch of children holding their breath and whining about panda bears being in a made up video game and like you said if YOU have a problem with MY opinion don't click the thread.......

Quote Originally Posted by Compstance View Post
    This is a forum. Discussing/debating is what people do here. Just because they don't agree with you or don't argue in the way you want doesn't make you right. And per an earlier post of yours, if this is a reaction to a thread, you'd be better off replying to said thread. If people think your point is worth replying to, they will. You don't have to make a new thread just because nobody saw your reply.
    There is a difference between people attacking you as a person because they feel that your points isn't valid, well.. Guess what, people have their own opinions.. And to have people focus directly on making it "I feel this way like most people!" "And you are wrong." That's not discussing. That's just trying to dominate each other with quotes and dominance? Cus taste is taste, so why not try to make little more out of the conversation, right.

So many people use "Pandaren look like Kung Fu Panda" is so childish, oh my god. Warcraft is like dark and evil universe, doesn't fit.
    Gnomes are way fluffy cuddly silly than Pandaren can ever be. I don't see anyone go bananas over them, well that's because it's not fresh anymore.
    Way way before, people used childish for Gnomes, they didn't like them.

I just think discussing things like that is childish as it's not very interesting to read people quote different people and trying to turn someones personal feeling over. It's a difference. Perhaps people should try to agree to disagree and actually make points that they want in a less raging manner or attacking of the other persons personal opinion.

A lot of times lately there have been just "no, that's wrong!" "I'm right, you are wrong cus of that and that" discussions. When both of them are right in their own head space.
    Last edited by Gnome; 2013-10-18 at 12:38 PM.

I think people are dense if they see zero plot value in Mists, and just say "pandas lol" as if that's all that needs to be said. A race that was raised by slavery and overcame external oppressors only to be beaten by their inner demons and sealed away from the world until a Demi-god nearly tore the planet apart and revealed their existence to the sound of war horns on their shores doesn't sound dumb to me.

Oh they look like a cartoon? What SHOULD they look like? The rules are you must anthropomorphize some creature with 2 genders that isn't already in lore and isn't an elf, human, green ugly human, cow/bull, goblin, wolf, dwarf, or any other currently existing race. One more thing, it has to follow a theme that can carry through over a year of content (except for a gratuitous troll theme dungeon/expansion) and can fit into currently existing lore and the previous games.

Yeah, I came up with pandas too.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Cooper View Post
    That's not true at all, since while Chen exists in "The Frozen Throne", Pandaren (and Pandaria, which had no presence whatsoever in Warcraft 3) as a whole were not implemented into "World of Warcraft" until after Kung Fu Panda was released.

The concept existed; the execution did not. If you think Kung Fu Panda had no influence on "Mists of Pandaria", you're out of your mind. Just look at the Pandaren art design or their racials, namely "Epicurean" and "Bouncy". I do not believe for a moment that Blizzard did not pull those from the movie, considering they are Po's dominant character attributes.
    He's totally right, guys. There are NO pop culture references in WoW before this expansion and its a ripoff!
    "I feel bad for people who don't drink. When they wake up in the morning, that's as good as they're going to feel all day." - Frank Sinatra

Quote Originally Posted by Vaelorian View Post
    So funny that some people find that the sole reason for the decline in subs must be Pandas. It has nothing to do with convenience features and decline in community or something like that. It has nothing to do with the boring dailies. It has nothing to do with blizzard claiming it is really casual friendly when in fact it is not if you want to have a decent character/be in a decent (casual raiding)guild.

I react to you tho bro because atleast with you I can have a reasonable conversation. Not because you disagree or something

edit: I am also not claiming that the theme this expansion had no impact on subs. But even tho no one has numbers, I very very much doubt that this is the biggest or one of the biggest reasons.
    WHY YOU QUOTE ME RAGGE etc ;D

yeh the theme may or may not have affected subs but the things that certainly did were in game. Dailies were a pet hate of mine and according to the devs were not the most popular thing either.

There is a difference between people attacking you as a person because they feel that your points isn't valid, well.. Guess what, people have their own opinions.. And to have people focus directly on making it "I feel this way like most people!" "And you are wrong." That's not discussing. That's just trying to dominate each other with quotes and dominance? Cus taste is taste, so why not try to make little more out of the conversation, right.

So many people use "Pandaren look like Kung Fu Panda" is so childish, oh my god. Warcraft is like dark and evil universe, doesn't fit.
    Gnomes are way fluffy cuddly silly than Pandaren can ever be. I don't see anyone go bananas over them, well that's because it's not fresh anymore.
    Way way before, people used childish for Gnomes, they didn't like them.

I just think discussing things like that is childish as it's not very interesting to read people quote different people and trying to turn someones personal feeling over. It's a difference. Perhaps people should try to agree to disagree and actually make points that they want in a less raging manner or attacking of the other persons personal opinion.

A lot of times lately there have been just "no, that's wrong!" "I'm right, you are wrong cus of that and that" discussions. When both of them are right in their own head space.
    I'm going to get out of this thread now. You use the same methods of argument that you're condemning. This thread won't go anywhere useful. Best of luck to you, friend.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    I always thought they were asking themselves how they can increase the rate of new players while slow down the departure of old players.
    Apparently they are only caring about "Is our game childish or not?".
    U truly r missing the point by miles...

This thread is about how childish the game is percieved, thats what we are discussing... the childishness or adultness of MoP.

The OP has made a point he doesnt think the cartoony style of MoP is childish at all... most people in this thread are disagreeing, me being one of them. The game is clearly targetted at a younger audience than it ever has been in the past, only the ignorant refuse to see it.

10+ Year Old Account
    I don't get the theme rage... I cannot see what is wrong with the "Asian / Panda theme", when ever since Vanilla WoW the game revolved around various themes of mankind's history. And from the beginning this was not limited to European History. Tauren are North American, Trolls are South American. Blizzard grabs keystones of our human cultures and integrates them into the game as zones. Zangarmarsh was a homage to YES (the band). Or better say, to Roger Dean, the artist who painted the pictures.
    When you are a few years older, and know the band and it's album covers, when you know Roger Deans works, you get boosted into a completely unexpected feeling. All of a sudden you are in an entire virtual zone, that looks like the album covers. And you find it all over Outland actually...

Looks similar?

and
    http://www.waihekeradio.org.nz/files...s_Pathways.jpg
    "The pen is mightier than the sword.. and considerably easier to write with."

Quote Originally Posted by Synstir View Post
    I know, a walking and talking cow.
    What about a talking cow that rides a goat or ostrich?
    Quote Originally Posted by THE Bigzoman View Post
    Meant Wetback. That's what the guy from Home Depot called it anyway.
    ==================================
    If you say pls because it is shorter than please,
    I'll say no because it is shorter than yes.
    ==================================

I am Murloc!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Immature young or older people is the reason why Mists of Pandaria didn't "fit" the World of Warcraft universe, in their mind.

You understand that it's not really mature to say "Oh gosh, that Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs movie is so childish, so cartoonish! Geez!".

So my point is, it's quite funny when some people have the urge and need to say something that is cartoonish, is childish. ~ Because saying that itself, is childish.

A mature mind understands there is quite many flavors, and it's all artwork to be judged by yourself only, so if you don't like it. Doesn't mean it's bad or childish, it might be because you don't understand it or simply doesn't like it. And that's fine.

How you act, can be childish.
    How someone portray art cannot be childish as it's not a matter of behavior in the art.
    If you simple don't agree or like the art, you are the one that is left outside of understanding or appreciating the art.

That doesn't mean anything, but quite often.. immature young or older people believe it means something..
    As like they have found the holy grail.. that they understand something.. that no one else understands..
    When it's quite the opposite. Thank you! Now I hope we can learn something from this.
    It is better expressed like this

Quote Originally Posted by C.S.Lewis
    “Critics who treat 'adult' as a term of approval, instead of as a merely descriptive term, cannot be adult themselves. To be concerned about being grown up, to admire the grown up because it is grown up, to blush at the suspicion of being childish; these things are the marks of childhood and adolescence. And in childhood and adolescence they are, in moderation, healthy symptoms. Young things ought to want to grow. But to carry on into middle life or even into early manhood this concern about being adult is a mark of really arrested development. When I was ten, I read fairy tales in secret and would have been ashamed if I had been found doing so. Now that I am fifty I read them openly. When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up.”
    Or maybe i just like the quote

It does however really say all you need to understand about critics applying the term childish as a negative point about a story or story element.

The Patient
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Zenko View Post
    MoP fits perfectly. Quit conversing with idiots and the world will be a better place.
    I love raiding, I love kung fu, and I love odd ball class mechanics. Dailies sucked at the start of the expansion but MoP is either my favorite or second favorite expansion

Quote Originally Posted by Xarkan View Post
    It is better expressed like this

Or maybe i just like the quote

It does however really say all you need to understand about critics applying the term childish as a negative point about a story or story element.
    That's a pretty nice quote. I should had just used that one.

Immature young or older people is the reason why Mists of Pandaria didn't "fit" the World of Warcraft universe, in their mind.

You understand that it's not really mature to say "Oh gosh, that Snow White and the Seven Dwarfs movie is so childish, so cartoonish! Geez!".

So my point is, it's quite funny when some people have the urge and need to say something that is cartoonish, is childish. ~ Because saying that itself, is childish.

A mature mind understands there is quite many flavors, and it's all artwork to be judged by yourself only, so if you don't like it. Doesn't mean it's bad or childish, it might be because you don't understand it or simply doesn't like it. And that's fine.

How you act, can be childish.
    How someone portray art cannot be childish as it's not a matter of behavior in the art.
    If you simple don't agree or like the art, you are the one that is left outside of understanding or appreciating the art.

That doesn't mean anything, but quite often.. immature young or older people believe it means something..
    As like they have found the holy grail.. that they understand something.. that no one else understands..
    When it's quite the opposite. Thank you! Now I hope we can learn something from this.
    Interesting... I find it's more immature to don't respect the opinion of others, like you are doing right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Zenko View Post
    MoP fits perfectly. Quit conversing with idiots and the world will be a better place.
    Indeed. Nothing in Mists felt out of place for me. This is a game rated T for Teen (13-18) Not the next episode of Saw. If you're looking for some crazy demon slaughtering hundreds of people for lulz then this isn't the right place.

Quote Originally Posted by Drakesong View Post
    Interesting... I find it's more immature to don't respect the opinion of others, like you are doing right now.
    Please, check my previous posts. I'm respecting peoples opinion. If not, I'm simply misunderstood.
    Point was simply this: People disrespect peoples opinion of loving the Mists of Pandaria as a joke. They try to turn their own opinion of hating Mists of Pandaria into something of a world truth, world facted, so if you believe that Mists of Pandaria is good, you are delusional. That is what I see people do here. Sad.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Kangodo View Post
    No no no, you have to come with bullshit like "the game is clearly targeted at a younger audience." and "only the ignorant refuse to see it".
    U prove my point... the ignorant r refusing to see it.

Just go watch the trailers for each expansion and u can see the change in atmosphere.

10+ Year Old Account
    I disagree. I know a fair few perfectly "mature" people (most of whom are my age, if not older) who were put off by the premise, and didn't play the expansion as a result. It didn't do much for me either (the faction content was the highlight of the expansion for me), but I'm evidently more invested in the franchise than they are.

I think you're reading too much into it by writing off MoP's detractors as "immature." It's just personal taste at the end of the day; the reverse is just as true too. Giving a lighter-and-softer franchise a dark makeover may well piss off fans who liked things the way they were, even if most people took it in their stride and came to love it. Hello Jak 2...

I do agree that "childish pandas and Pokemon" is pretty weak criticism to bash the game with, but from an outsider's perspective (who either isn't aware of or doesn't care about the darker shades of the plot), I think it's a forgivable misconception.

pandas are just silly.

minataurs and wherewolvese and sytars are badass.

but kungfu pandas are just silly and make me lol

Deleted
    Please, check my previous posts. I'm respecting peoples opinion. If not, I'm simply misunderstood.
    Point was simply this: People disrespect peoples opinion of loving the Mists of Pandaria as a joke. They try to turn their own opinion of hating Mists of Pandaria into something of a world truth, world facted, so if you believe that Mists of Pandaria is good, you are delusional. That is what I see people do here. Sad.
    Well, the delusional part matches your behavior and previous posts at least!