Poll: Is the Priest class your main character?

Page 1 of 4
... LastLast

Question Is Priest your main character and will it be?

Is Priest your main character and will it be for the next expansion, and if not.. what is on your mind?
    Actually, why do you play Priest? Is it the spells? The idea of being a holy spirit? Or is it just matter of math, being the best?

10+ Year Old Account
    It is to early to say "will priest be you're main for the next expansion" because we know nothing about the next expansion or how/if priests will change in anyway.

Priest has been main since classic, i enjoy holy priest more then disc because of it's toolkit, if 7 years hasn't bored me i'm sure it won't for next expansion so i intend to always play a priest

Priest has been my main since I started playing (outside of a brief period during 4.3 were I was on my DK). I started it at first because I wanted to heal and priests were the archetypical healers. I also thought (way back when) that priests were the only "real" healing class. Since then I've just gotten used to the toolkit and I've stuck with it. Will probably try maining a Resto druid or a Mistweaver Monk at some point as I greatly enjoy them and it would give me a breath of fresh air in terms of healing style. Or might go DPS, eh.
    Shahaad , Kevkul
    <Magdalena's pet>

15+ Year Old Account
    The first toon I ever made, have been through every buff and nerf only other class I could ever see myself as is a hunter.
    Sig by Safhira

I have no real intentions of making my Priest my main (which a Resto Shaman), but it's a vague consideration. My guild has so many Shaman and no Priests so switching would make some sense, but I like my Shaman a fair bit more.

First toon was a Rogue, started leveling a Priest on BC and never went back...

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockeye View Post
    I have no real intentions of making my Priest my main (which a Resto Shaman), but it's a vague consideration. My guild has so many Shaman and no Priests so switching would make some sense, but I like my Shaman a fair bit more.
    Look at it this way: as bad as Priests get nerfed we will ALWAYS be more viable than Shaman. In PvE at least.

10+ Year Old Account
    I very much enjoy my disc priest but my heart is with my DK.

I did raid Dragon Soul as a priest, though, in addition to my main.

(S)Priest is my main class since closed classic eu beta <3.

I want the Sleep spell back! AND BLACKOUT!
    <inactive>

Quote Originally Posted by Theed View Post
    (S)Priest is my main class since closed classic eu beta <3.

I want the Sleep spell back! AND BLACKOUT!
    Priests even had a battle rez in classic beta.

OT: Priest is, has been, and always be my main. Classic and BC she was holy healer, Wrath and Cata she was shadow with Disc off, and now healing again as Disc. I picked the right two to play shadow for sure and back to disc which when played right is borderline op, but requires more encounter knowledge then any other healer by far.

Been a priest since starting in vanilla. I can't fathom being anything else.

Quote Originally Posted by Frmercury View Post
    Look at it this way: as bad as Priests get nerfed we will ALWAYS be more viable than Shaman. In PvE at least.
    Hey now!!
    Shaman are doing quite well at the moment.... after being walked all over for most of Mists... Sigh.

I just like the playstyle and toolkit of the Shaman more but depending on how gearing goes for the duration of 5.4/MoP the switch could happen. I've been hideously unlucky with loot so far in SoO, if my Priest pulls ahead (and he's catching up fast) a change may occur.

I started a Priest in Vanilla because I figured I would need to resurrect my friends more than once every 30 minutes, which was the Druid's only resurrection ability. I've tried the other healers (except Holy Paladin), and don't like it as much as I enjoy Holy for all the abilities they have in their arsenal. However, I haven't really enjoyed healing as much since the changes made in Cata. In Cata I was playing a Protection Paladin or Enhancement Shaman, but in MoP I'm back to my Priest and I've even gone Shadow. Which I'm currently enjoying very much, but looking forward to some QoL changes in 6.0.

It depends on the Disc changes in 6.0

They've pretty much all but confirmed that it's getting major changes / reworked, especially because of the amount of healers bitching.

Quote Originally Posted by iKrow View Post
    It depends on the Disc changes in 6.0

They've pretty much all but confirmed that it's getting major changes / reworked, especially because of the amount of healers bitching.
    Have any of these considered changes been mentioned? I like Disc because it's different, it's an alternate way of healing (ie Atonement, shielding) and makes a nice change of pace. Holy heals more traditionally, and when I play Holy spec it doesn't seem terribly different from my Resto Shaman (different but not to the degree that Disc is different) so I'm not all that taken with Holy.

Would be interesting to know what the intent is for the future. My suspicion is that heavy Atonement healing is not what is intended so that may be significantly nerfed and new ways to build AA stacks introduced so as to not punish the player with low healing while building up AA.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Shockeye View Post
    Have any of these considered changes been mentioned?
    Yeah, didn't you see the front page with all the announcements of 6.0 changes?

Apparently not!

/goes to look

10+ Year Old Account
    Did I really get Shockeye with that?

FTR these forums will *explode* when information for the new expansion starts coming. You would have to go out of your way, far far far out of your way, to miss it.