<Moonkin> Heroic Thok!

My guild has started progression on HM Thok 10. We have the HealingCds and DmgMitigation rotation worked out to push him to 27 stacks. So I was wondering if anyone who has killed it could share any tips/pointers. I'm using HoTW/FoN at the moment but I noticed many High ranking Moonkins using Inc.
    I also have been putting Symbiosis on our Warlock for my own personal Aura Mastery.

Any advice will be much appreciated. <3

Deleted
    Not done it yet but you can use BoP to prevent the interrupt from the AoE shout because it's phisical.
    I've also read on the warlock's forum that the void waker properly positioned does quite a lot of damage. (if you have any in your raid)

I use Inc/HotW, tried FoN for a whole night but got much better results with Inc.
    Use Unending Resolve in Lunar when the gap between his casts becomes the shortest.
    Without interrupt protection, the most casts you can get off between each interrupt is either 1 starfire or 1 Wrath. You can do 2 Wraths with meta gem up.

It may take a while getting into the flow of it but it's pretty straightforward.
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

I might try Inc this upcoming week then. Yeah I have been using UR when our 2 Pally's AMs fall off. And BoP has been used on the healers and the Destro Lock so I don't get one sadly.

Is it still possible to protect the raid's casts with Tranq?

Not sure on that one. I dont believe so.

- Incarnation is nice if you pop it on pull as it lines up nicely with CA for when the bats come in and during low boss stacks which is needed to get the bats down fast
    - Heart of the wild for a big tranq and you will have a hard time weaving in healing touches at high boss stacks
    - Displacer beast for kiting during transition phases
    - symbiosis a Warlock for the personal Aura mastery and use once Thoks stacks get high (use after paladin aura mastery) only during lunar eclipse as you can weave in wraths while in solar eclipse
    - BoP can be used on you for tranqs to prevent being interrupted
    Last edited by craigp100; 2013-10-18 at 09:37 PM.

Check Symbiosis spells. There are good ones.

I use Inc+Nv, for this boss allways position yourself near the boss don't stay with the group to avoid getting targeted by the boss. On 9th stack on the boss in kite phase use roar to get close to it so you avoid getting targeted (he is moving quite fast at that point) and on the next fixation (which i guess is the last for you also before he eats the caged npc) use your rocket boost to get on your spot where your raid gathers for next phase. On 1st kill i managed to make ~320k dps with 364ilvl. I didn't managed to to try other talents as our method killing this boss makes good use of non hotw tranq and the heal NV gives to the raid in some key moments considering i never kite and i have a 100% uptime on boss.

Blademaster
    10+ Year Old Account
    Inc+Hotw works really well for this fight. Symbiosis from the lock rocks the place. Remember to use barkskin a lot on stack phase and if you are far away from the raid on fixate phase.
    As mentioned before you can easily cast 2 wraths (with meta up) and 1 starfire between boss casts. You just need to practice it a bit but but we are really strong on this fight (i am only outdpsed by hunter on our 10m raid).

We use BL on bats gate so what works best for us is to use 2nd pot + inc + CA when bat comes, and dot up all the bats and boss and then just spam SS on the boss while you are fully buffed. When the INC fades off i use symbio + tranq, keep dots and SS procs used and use hotw + reju spam on raid. (we use most of the healing and raid cd on the first stack, and then on 2nd gate) So my tranq + hotw + bl + prot pala holy avanger eternal flame spam are the biggest cds on 1st gate)

Remember to glyph Stampeding roar to help teammates. Blink is also great to run from the boss.

On phases when u dont have range to boss remember to spam reju on your teammates. Nature Swiftness + HT works like a charm as a small loh in difficult situation.

If you have problems with dispells on green gate or green gate fixate phase, then you can symbio priest to help a bit with mass dispell.

While boss casts you can easily use a reju on someone to help a bit with a healing.

Deleted
    I was arround 340+k Dps with HOTW+INC (25 man) until we decided to zerg him, that we don't get a 4th "first phase".
    I played with Symbiosis on Hunter, because sometimes I overtook our Tanks aggro on pull.
    It's also good to push the bats to the tank with CA dots, and the Hunter gets a nice cooldown to get away from the boss.

Quote Originally Posted by kranq View Post
    I was arround 340+k Dps with HOTW+INC (25 man) until we decided to zerg him, that we don't get a 4th "first phase".
    I played with Symbiosis on Hunter, because sometimes I overtook our Tanks aggro on pull.
    It's also good to push the bats to the tank with CA dots, and the Hunter gets a nice cooldown to get away from the boss.
    You need to get better tanks if you need an extra md
    Unending Resolve is a massive dps boost on this fight if used at the right time
    Quote Originally Posted by rogoth View Post
    I'm glad you brought up IQ, the last standardised IQ test I took I scored a 127, the threshold for 'Genius' is 140, and the threshold for 'Gifted Genius' is 165+, based on the fact the global average IQ is 84, and the fact you're likely Americanwhere the national IQ is BELOW the global average and falling consistently which has led to calls for global intervention in your abysmal education system, I feel you have VERY LITTLE room to talk about IQ levels, but thanks for trying.

Quote Originally Posted by durrtygoodz View Post
    You need to get better tanks if you need an extra md
    Unending Resolve is a massive dps boost on this fight if used at the right time
    It depends where your group pulls him; a boomkin doing 1.2mil burst on an opener can easily pull threat if a tank is positioning a boss.

Just ask for salvs on the pull. I always do.

Quote Originally Posted by craigp100 View Post
    - Incarnation is nice if you pop it on pull as it lines up nicely with CA for when the bats come in and during low boss stacks which is needed to get the bats down fast
    - Heart of the wild for a big tranq and you will have a hard time weaving in healing touches at high boss stacks
    - Displacer beast for kiting during transition phases
    - symbiosis a Warlock for the personal Aura mastery and use once Thoks stacks get high (use after paladin aura mastery) only during lunar eclipse as you can weave in wraths while in solar eclipse
    - BoP can be used on you for tranqs to prevent being interrupted
    Even without Unending Resolve, you can still weave in Starfires without nature's swiftness. You just have to have perfect latency and timing. Still a valid point to use Unending Resolve for lunar.

Thanks for the advice guys, we downed it last night on our first real night of progression. Of course we killed it on the pull where I was derping and got interrupted quite a few times.