Page 1 of 2
LastLast

Good addon to track bomb and invocation up time?

Hey all, looking at my logs my biggest fault seems to be my uptime for my bomb and in particular my invocation uptime. Any good addins to help me make sure i have those 2 abilities up?

weakauras is a powerful tool that can do what you're asking and much more. there's also needtoknow which is much easier to set up, or tellmewhen, and powerauras.

My weak auras with Bombs, Evo and more. http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/...813_140032.jpg

This is my weak auras set up. I have one for each spec as well. You can see my Evo and Bomb on the right side of my character.

The easiest and biggest help for invocation tracking would prolly be NeedToKnow. You can easily set it up and you can't miss a huge bar on ur screen counting down

For more advanced invocation tracking I would recommend Weakauras and set it up as both tracking the buff and showing when the buff is not on while in combat when invocation spec'd.

For bomb tracking I used Magebombtracker, but some people prefer ForteXorcist.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by mrgreenthump View Post
    The easiest and biggest help for invocation tracking would prolly be NeedToKnow. You can easily set it up and you can't miss a huge bar on ur screen counting down

For more advanced invocation tracking I would recommend Weakauras and set it up as both tracking the buff and showing when the buff is not on while in combat when invocation spec'd.

For bomb tracking I used Magebombtracker, but some people prefer ForteXorcist.
    +1 for NTK. I know a lot of people like using weak/power auras but I just don't like all the icons and shit. I find it easier to just have my bars right under my character so I can easily track when anything procs/uptimes on stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Lohe View Post
    If you're semi-hardcore or semi-casual what's the other half? To me, they're both the same thing.
    Canicus - 577 - Arcane Mage - US Mal'Ganis Horde - 12/14H T16

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Boomy View Post
    My weak auras with Bombs, Evo and more. http://i1056.photobucket.com/albums/...813_140032.jpg

This is my weak auras set up. I have one for each spec as well. You can see my Evo and Bomb on the right side of my character.
    Boomy, which UI HuD are you using, I like how the bars look as well as your buffs. Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by royals View Post
    Boomy, which UI HuD are you using, I like how the bars look as well as your buffs. Thanks
    I'm using Towelliies UI with my edits of course. It's LUI and Vuhdo as raid frames
    Bartender and Masque. I don't know exactly which Masque it is though. I would have to look.
    Is there anything else you wanna know?

I use Mage nuggets, tracks everything mage related such as bombs, Rune of power, invocation, mana gems, current targets for bombs, mana gems. spell procs. stat monitor and also cooldown tracking. its very handy.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Saegno View Post
    +1 for NTK. I know a lot of people like using weak/power auras but I just don't like all the icons and shit. I find it easier to just have my bars right under my character so I can easily track when anything procs/uptimes on stuff.
    +2 for NeedToKnow. I'm a big fan of WeakAuras but NTK is really very simple and does all you need. You can track any buff or debuff's duration on yourself or a target. I track my bomb, invocation, pyroblast dot, pyromania... and you can make them different colours!

10+ Year Old Account
    I use TellMeWhen for all my procs and buffs, but that'll come down to preference. Love it, and always have. But I do my bombs just by memory on their strength and uptime. I'm very consistent on a 95%+ uptime on my bombs.

Deleted
    Here is my Invoker's Energy string for Weak Auras.

Code:
    dq0qkaqjbQQpjqPrjqHtjPuULGYUqL6xskPHjQogOwMQ0ZKunnb5AQQ2gQ4BOQgNaoNkY8KkO7jvOoOuLfkv6HQOAIsfYfvjTrjfFusjgPavCsrrRuGQmtvuUPOu7Kk)uuyOIswQaf9uOPcYvfOsFvsPAUQkTxYFvHbJQ0HP0IvPESQyYsCzKnljFMcJwvXPf51cQMTuUTq2nv9BGHluhxQalxPNJY0vCDkA7QeFxGmEufNxQQ1lv0(rLSGfKqRG0iKjeM7qCZNB4CHrclclcsipzuvXOrUxH9ZOQIrJC)cxYib8q9JjHglWmwiJAvzbs(ry3mGGYi7ZUwdKqINyRVqfDl0BgbTjddAzYblmveMP)ciCAdwgx8E1tRrFHnGTiiHlOrcsyKzBscsJgnAe(ii5GfKWBWwOTR9j8YcIf2TL6St7w4IxiaOnPyH8KrvfJgvtyC4)))Y5np)fo)9L)RQc7hwyjXIB2(qepJWGFmxbpH9ZOQIrJQHFEDobcfGti(N48Y59xvHfkGWiqHAh8ixUWBWwO9CqdScsoy5GL7voy5QlhSCHKlN7FncTptc4zcsiBS7iiHfWHrdeKUfwahreJzniDl0Obc6W(mjGx4NuH0iSk5tSpcsidy6lcZ0p0wzFOV9kfGN9n7u44ZcATK3ORDMgbr8mFrGPVW(EgiOGdzBZhUbggclGdgW0xuxnAeAlxS(hs3cJafQDeBNpcXSUE2zyT2BFSE6i7eJLA0XzxAVCh9kC2KHbTcs4sr2Kp5noaX0AhWkSd7yH0fYpcphaAfqqEU4nRfySeJXfVbdmMATAtO3grmbjhSWm9xaHtBWY4I3REAn6RrOjJoyXuR5SrK6k00txi)i0AoaHMm6W0Ng1v4A6j5YfUuKn5tEdHCYfAYOJLISjFYBOUczXuR5SrKCWWCE)5RryHy2XCTdPBHlyStc4LlxyfWpcV2UeCZKlERb4hHFOKXNr1Wjq(FO68d9MZHdNabYvvyHciCbJDi1vydylcsOjJo82is3cxqJeKWiZ2KeKgnc92isOqtgD80SmM6k8PzzmbjKL8gnsy29QLRA0i82(eEzbXNdAGvqYblhSCVYblxD5GLlKC5C)RriJ6atY)qYblK9yBKCWcVbBHwDl8gSfAVwmiHoGNeUKrc4H6htchINr4nyl0IPoj5G5i8Ur(s2GcjSxh1rcJxGXsmwwl9KyjGxUCHdXZyUKWm9dTv2h6BVsb4zFRDYgEpZ1Y(MfiiA7zUww2ujz)2ZCTSV9mxlFH3GTqBgvvmAK7xyjXEwAOJfm2jb8YLlmveE9cGlEHsr0kmcuO2rF5YfguQmFunHcKxpqOaN4Fka)68p9QQWcDsyuAxWQBH3GTqBMEgnYbdl0BgbTjddAzYbl8b0aRGK7vUC5QRA4WpaCGtWV51)5CItGaQkS)6YfsUCU5)RrOPF2KHbTcsilMAnNnIKdgMZ7pFncT(uKDsaVGeYg7ocs40pMegVeJgHXlXOryLTqAewL8j2hbjC6htcJxIrJW4Ly0iSYwinAegbku7Ot5YfYOwvwGKFeE(vh01GPg5EfKWBWwOTR9j8YcIf2TL6St7w4IxiaOnPyH8KrvfJg5clN7tNoDQEGtCcfiuD()c7NrvfJgvtyC4)))Zh(T(j(H4)hiKQcl0jHrGc1o4rUCH3GTq75GgyfKCWYbl3RCWYvxoy5cjxo3)AeAFMeWZeKq2y3rqclGdJgiiDlSaoIigZAq6wOrde0H9zsaVWpPcPrJqB5I1)q6wyeOqTJy78riM11ZodR1E7J1thzNySuJoo7s7L7OxHZMmmOvqczXuR5SrKCWWCE)5l0Krhlfzt(K3qDfUuKn5tEJdqmT2bSc7WowiDH8JWZbGwbeKNlEZAbglXyCXBWaJPwR2e6TretqYblmt)fq40gSmU49QNwJ(AeAYOdwm1AoBePUcxkYM8jVHqo5cn90fYpcTMdqOjJom9PrDfUMEsUCnc)qjJpJCW)5cBaBrqcnz0XtZYyQRWf0ibjmYSnjbPrJqVnIek0KrhEBePBHpnlJjiHSK3OrcZUxTCvJgH32NWlli(CqdScsoy5GL7voy5QlhSCHKlN7Fnczuhys(hsoyHShBJKdw4nyl0ETyqcDapjCjJeWd1pMeoepJ5scVbBHwm1jjhmhHdXZyUKWm9dTv2h6BVsb4zFRDYgEpZ1Y(MfiiA7zUww2ujz)2ZCTSV9mxlFHrGc1o6uUCH3GTqBgvvmAK7xyQi86fGWiqHAh9LlxyqPY8ro4)CH3GTqBMEgnYbdl0BgbTjddAzYbl06tr2jb8csiBS7iiHXlXOryLTqcN(XKW4Ly0OryvYNyFeKW4Ly0iSYwiHt)ysy8smA0OrOPF2KHbTcsilMAnNnIKdgMZ7pFncFanWki5ELlxU6Qgo8dah4e8BE9FoN4eiGQc7VUgH3GTqRU1Or4f5GdLNRrca

Deleted
    tracking für Bombs: Scorcio 2
    And INvocationa nd every other BUff/Procc..... SAW - Smart Aura Watch!
    I like these 2 a lot

Edit: nevermind, got it working. This is perfect, Thanks everyone!
    Last edited by Blindsay; 2013-10-19 at 12:55 AM.

Personally I like mage nuggets as it tracks all the 90 talents as well as bomb duration down to the tenth of a second. It has the advantage over weak auras of tracking an unlimited number of bombs and puts the one with the least time remaining at the top.

Deleted

My Weak Aura stuff is below the critical strike reticles. Let me know if you're interested in any of them. Ignite (broken atm) and Combustion values are above my player unit frame if you're playing fire.
    Last edited by mmoccff0c323bf; 2013-10-20 at 02:52 AM.

Deleted
    I use Suf (Shadowed unit frames) which shows me the debuffs (magebomb f.e.) and buffs on me, my target, focus etc. and also magebomb. If you want to see ticks of it then gnosis or forte would be better. For my buffs (evo f.e.) or missing buffs I use Tmw.

Deleted
    Yo! I like to go with the "fortexorcist" addon. Unfortunately I cannot put a real screen link just yet since I am newly member here. But I have set one bar up above myself showing Invoker's Energy, and a bar above my target showing bombs, I feel it very effective!

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snow View Post
    Hi Kasc,

Can you please post the string?
    Sure, which?

Deleted
    Hey Kasc - just saw the video nice kill

What unit frames are you using? Just the ones for you and your target? And also would like if you could paste the string for the WA bar just under your char (tracking LB, CDs etc.) very nice UI, ty for sharing.