15+ Year Old Account

[Monk] Diffuse Magic + Revival no longer a thing?

Am I crazy?

I could have sworn that if I used Diffuse Magic and Revival, I wouldn't get punished from the backlash of Unstable Affliction. However, I've noticed (as of 5.4) that I take full damage. Two Warlocks = Dead, One Warlock = Target swap -> Dead unless another healer picks me up as I call it. I rarely do this anymore as it's stupid to nearly kill myself, so Revival is effectively useless during an RBG and risky as hell with a Warlock present.

So, has this changed recently? Has this always been the case and I wasn't paying attention until 5.3/4?

Deleted
    Someone posted this situation in both 5.2 and 3. You probably haven't noticed since up to 5.2 nobody played aff successfully.

I rarely do this anymore as it's stupid to nearly kill myself, so Revival is effectively useless during an RBG and risky as hell with a Warlock present.
    Also, not to be that guy, RBGs favour class stacking, and MW is an inferior healer this whole xpac. And yeah, UA is pretty broken with the dispel change.

15+ Year Old Account
    Seems legit, Naztrak.

Monks are tight enough as it is for Minor Glyphs. This just needs to be changed/fixed/ correct terminology for this specific situation.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Naztrak View Post
    Also, not to be that guy, RBGs favour class stacking, and MW is an inferior healer this whole xpac. And yeah, UA is pretty broken with the dispel change.
    I thought MW was meant to be a "great" raid healer with Uplift? I'm usually top on healing done meter and I'm also a very good single target healer.

Naztrak is confusing 2v2, 3v3, and RBG. MW extremely strong in 2v2 in the most normal of players hands, in 3v3 it is a very strong spec but takes good play and because of that is viewed as the weakest healer, in RBG it is the strongest healer spec and capable of basically solo healing a raid with little knowledge of the class.

MW is the best healer in RBG, but erroneously viewed as the worst healer in arena by the community.

15+ Year Old Account
    It did not work in 5.3, I never noticed in 5.2 if it worked or not.
    Time...line? Time isn't made out of lines. It is made out of circles. That is why clocks are round. ~ Caboose

Deleted
    Its been like this since atleast 5.2, thats when i started pvping on my monk. Blizzard just never bothered fixing the bug

I have noticed this as well. I used to run with Diffuse Magic, but stopped because of that explicitly.

I prefer Dampen Harm, especially against melee heavy teams (which is becoming more prevelant, but dotcleave is still better) and it works against magic, so i usually just it when im in a deepfreeze since you can activate it while stunned. With Diffuse Magic, you cannot cast while stunned so you have to be preemptive which can be hard to do, especially on hard switched where you are the target.
    “What was God doing before the divine creation? Was he preparing
    hell for people who asked such questions?” - Stephen Hawking

Quote Originally Posted by Ultima View Post
    Am I crazy?

I could have sworn that if I used Diffuse Magic and Revival, I wouldn't get punished from the backlash of Unstable Affliction. However, I've noticed (as of 5.4) that I take full damage. Two Warlocks = Dead, One Warlock = Target swap -> Dead unless another healer picks me up as I call it. I rarely do this anymore as it's stupid to nearly kill myself, so Revival is effectively useless during an RBG and risky as hell with a Warlock present.

So, has this changed recently? Has this always been the case and I wasn't paying attention until 5.3/4?
    It was Change in 5.4 and it hit Glyph of Shamanistic Rage for shamans too, in 5.3 and earlier patchest it didnt triger dispelprotection mechanis.
    I'm only guessing but thing thich change was made becous of some new PvE raid mechanics on SoO bosses cos on some of them ( like Sha of Pride) such stufs like dispell protection make fights much easier for healers but its onyl my guessing

How is UA broken? It works exactly as advertised.

Quote Originally Posted by Tya View Post
    How is UA broken? It works exactly as advertised.
    Becous vs MW monk on RBGs whos healing CDs is Revival witch Heal and Dispell all magic efect using it if Affi lock is no the feald mean almost instant death if MW woud want to use his Revival to healp raid

Deleted
    RBGs favour class stacking.
    No it doesnt.
    The only stacking that is done is taking 2 uh dks OR 2 afflis because of the sick dmg spread they have
    compared to all other specs atm. Besides that stacking classes is the worst thing you can do.

MW is an inferior healer this whole xpac.
    No they're not. Im not saying that misweaver is in the same position as rdruid and rsham,
    but its decent. And in rbgs mistweavers are gods, any mistweaver with half a brain will always top healing and dispels.