Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    It's not QQ, it's mathematical proof that the winner is already decided.

If I can calculate who's going to win the end of a tournament before it even starts (just from the ppl who we face) would you consider that good design?
    Well, it's a bit of both (QQ and mathematical proof). Of course it isn't good design, but it's ANet so that's 100% expected.

Oh, they're completely right, it's not fair. I just wanted to troll because my JQ pride goes back to BWE2, and I love reading all JQ related QQ/haterade. Those tears are just so much more delicious than most.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    I guess what's sad about it is that concerns about this stuff were all brought up on the GW2 forums long before the league started. Plus adding all the achievements to WvW at the same time the league started just seems like a boneheaded decision. If getting more people into WvW was the goal, it would seem like having the achievement-week BEFORE the league started would have been the right way to do it. Call it the "World vs World: Preseason" achievement list or something.
    A great solution, just the kind that ANet likes to ignore.
    Last edited by Drakhar; 2013-10-21 at 06:00 PM.

10+ Year Old Account
    Been waiting for JQ to pull it's Monday comeback kid routine but so far they seem to be sleeping.

http://mos.millenium.org/na/matchups/map/1070

Terrific battles, even when we were getting double-teamed by JQ and BG in our Borderlands last night. I almost cried when I saw our garrison's walls crumbled in ruins.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    There's something in the water... Florida
    God dam it why did we have to make it out of our great spot in rank 18 from the bottom to 19, now we are the bottom of the silver league instead of the king of bronze and we'll lose all planned games... stupid NSP
    Quote Originally Posted by Kalis View Post
    MMO-C, where a shill for Putin cares about democracy in the US.

10+ Year Old Account
    Surprised that JQ has been behind the entire match. They are fighting like bloody demons, at one point last night they almost had complete control of their borderlands. I heard this vicious rumor that they offered a top guild a quarter of a million gold to transfer over and the guild refused. My first thought was how in the F does anyone amass that kind of gold?

SoR and BG have been trading places in the #1 spot all week. Blackgate seems determined earn their self appointed title of Beastgate.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Os8RyH6Ihcw

4 days, 2 hours left in the match.
    Valar morghulis

I can't even get into WvW, fucking achievement hunters :'(

Lol Beastgate, has ever such a misnomer existed? Of course they gave themselves that name. Anyone who's played against them knows them by the much more fitting badgate/baggate. At least SoR has some guilds with skill. Except my former guild, fuck those bandwagoners.

League has been everything wrong about WvWvW. There's the server hopping that began a week before. Now there's the skill lag and queues. The skill lag is all over the game at this point, too. As well, achievement hunting means no organized play. New people popping in aren't really getting the best example of WvWvW play. My server is an even more disorganized mess than it normally is. You can't stop and teach them because there's a fight going on and because they really aren't interested in staying on with WvWvW. They'll just pop in until they get their meta and then leave.

Of course, that means the early match-ups are a bit bork. You might see significant swings from the first two weeks to the final weeks in server by server performance. The first day, our Borlderlands was full without a single commander to lead it because they couldn't get in. Just a real disaster. It's people running around like mad men, reaffirming to them every cliche about WvWvW.

10+ Year Old Account
    Yeah, I don't wtf is going on with skill lag - we've had full maps and queues forever on T1 and it's never been like this. Always had skill lag in the big Stonemist Castle battles but it's everywhere now. I can be clear on the other side of the map from a big engagement and I lag all to hell.

I'm seeing some strange anomalies too. Like last night I got caught when running back by a group of 3. They tried to stomp me I swear like 10x but their stomps kept failing because on the map I was actually somewhere else. Seen it with Doylaks too. They take 2 steps and stop. Just totally stop and you can't put a speed boon on them because although they look like they are right in front of you they are actually halfway up the road.

I call it WvW hardmode
    Valar morghulis

Everything you describe has been seen since beta...

It got better with personalized culling etc but it's still a mess.

Yesterday I shadowstepped through the wall of SM into the lordroom because I kept spamming steal on a target that was in the lordroom according to the game but on my screen he was at the outer gate.

Add to this that in an hour our nighttrain starts forming again and the other servers only just managed to take some stuff back a couple of hours ago and you see why stuff like "arrowcart mastery" are retarded ideas (5superior AC's just melt any and all siege enemies try to put down).

I'm beating a dead horse, I know but I simply hope everyone will realise this eventually...
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

Oh look Sea of sorrows is losing

what a shocker

Pokemon FC: 4425-2708-3610

I received a day one ORAS demo code. I am a chosen one.

I wasnt focusing on achievements at all... now I have 6/15 done by just playing the game, sniping, following commanders etc.
    In easier match ups Ill do JPs, but untill its Deso/AM/Gan - Deso needs to crush, achievements can wait for easy match ups.

@NA Match ups: I dont see JQ winning... Double team is hard to counter.
    Same thing is happening in EU where SFR is beind double teamed by Piken and Viz.

Oh man this really makes me want to start playing again.

Tarnished Coast gogo

10+ Year Old Account
    Doubleteaming is well and good until the side you've allied with goes all Red Wedding on you

It's the closest thing to balance that we'll ever get in this game mode. It's what makes it work.
    Valar morghulis

Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    Doubleteaming is well and good until the side you've allied with goes all Red Wedding on you

It's the closest thing to balance that we'll ever get in this game mode. It's what makes it work.
    Well in our match up, double teaming didnt help Gandara, qutie the opposite. Once they started to go after AM as well they got 2nd spot.
    But yeah... thats what happened I guess... .

There's a couple of serious issues that a-net simply won't address. One of the main things which they don't seem to understand is how "crippling" night-capping is to the WvW scene.

You can say "well it's part of the game and we want people who play on non-peak hours to also experience wvw", however there's a big issue here.

Defending is easier than attacking, especially if the keep/tower/... is upgraded and has siege. A 20man zerg can easily be stopped by 5people with well-placed siege. This was an issue since the start and many people have tried to make this clear, but they failed. A-net even decided to make siege more potent, starting ofc with the ones that were the worst to begin with and the one that needed buffs last.

Add other retarded stuff like the "bloodlust stacks" and it should be obvious to any and everybody that the WvW team is quite clueless.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Rapti View Post
    @NA Match ups: I dont see JQ winning... Double team is hard to counter.
    Same thing is happening in EU where SFR is beind double teamed by Piken and Viz.
    This isn't true. Piken is a far better server than SFR and VS simply has a far better/bigger night team.

You're forgetting that many WvW guilds transfered over to piken not that long ago, while SFR is still working with 80% the same guilds since start.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

I'm kind of confused why EB is the 'place to be'. We've had people coming in QQing about how their guild groups can't get into EB and demanding that the fairweathers and ungrouped leave so their people can get in. WTF?

First of all, I've only ever seen one guild on my server field WvW groups, so as far as I'm concerned any other guilds starting that are just as fairweather as anyone else at this point. Secondly, if I knew a commander was running a team on an enemy BL I would go there in a second because most of the achievements would be more easily obtained there than in EB.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Lane View Post
    I'm kind of confused why EB is the 'place to be'.
    PPT (points per tick)

http://wiki.guildwars2.com/wiki/War_score#War_score

Our match has been so close it will probably come down to a 1 or 2 tick win.
    Valar morghulis

EB almost always has a three way fight going on, while Borderlands is often a two way fight. I believe this is what makes it more popular. There's always someone to fight and something to take. Once you cap everything in your own BL, there isn't much to do but chase a havok group around.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Angrybathtub View Post
    Oh man this really makes me want to start playing again.

Tarnished Coast gogo
    We'll sadly get 4th place, 100% sure of that one

Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    EB almost always has a three way fight going on, while Borderlands is often a two way fight. I believe this is what makes it more popular. There's always someone to fight and something to take. Once you cap everything in your own BL, there isn't much to do but chase a havok group around.
    Well, people were complaining about EB being full of players trying to get the achievements. I think it's significantly easier to get them in one of the BLs if there's a group. I was in EB for a few hours last night and it was mostly just a complete standstill because everyone was ferociously guarding what they had, so nothing was being taken other than the occasional camp. I missed a great opportunity last night when a group (didn't find out about it until it was too late) completely took over an enemy's BL.

Noobs like EB because in theory there are most points to be had there. In reality this doesn't happen since it's very easy to lose towers in EB while in BL it's quite easy to defend your own tower and camp because of the map lay-out. Because of this people think that you'll flip lots of towers while in reality people just defend and that's it.

Another reason why it's "better" to be in BL instead of EB is keeps. It's rather easy to get hills+bay or any other combo but on EB it's really hard to keep your own keep and then take another one because everything can get trebbed.