Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    Right now WvW needs two things:
    1.Put the 3 JPs in separate instance like the EB JP
    2.Release the new borderland fast.

By doing these two points people will spread more.Right now the queues are insane on SFR.That is not funny anymore.
    Last edited by dragnipur; 2013-10-24 at 09:00 AM.

It really needs:

The WvWvW players to spread out and stop colliding at the top of the rankings. This means it needs a change in scoring system to lessen the importance of coverage wars.

Quote Originally Posted by zed zebes View Post
    It really needs:

The WvWvW players to spread out and stop colliding at the top of the rankings. This means it needs a change in scoring system to lessen the importance of coverage wars.
    I disagree with this.If some specific server doesn't have a good alliance to make full 24/7 coverage then it doesn't deserve to be in the high tiers.Gold league is not for it.

Deleted
    The only few vista's and poi's I need are in WvW. I didn't get them in time before the season started. This means I've been trying to get those for 6 weeks now =_= Looks like I need to wait till the season is over if I ever want those ~ my only downside of this WvW thing. For the rest I'm enjoying it.

Quote Originally Posted by dragnipur View Post
    I disagree with this.If some specific server doesn't have a good alliance to make full 24/7 coverage then it doesn't deserve to be in the high tiers.Gold league is not for it.
    That's not really the issue.

The mindset of gathering enough WvWvW players/guilds to have 24/7 coverage in order to win leads to a top heavy situation that only snowballs out of control in its bandwagon mentality. At the top, there's higher burnout rates. It churns people in and out. The top tier must always be recruiting due to burn out and due to the other servers doing the same. It's an endless cycle that sucks players from lower servers and makes the whole match meaningless. It's harmful overall to the game.

Early on, people knew that spreading out was the only way to keep things sane. That's partially why the original big alliance split up and spread out. It didn't change things as the mentality was set in, because the scoring system encourages it.

10+ Year Old Account
    EU results of Match 1

1st place 5pts
    2nd place 3pts
    3rd place 1pt

http://mos.millenium.org/

GOLD
    5 Vizunah Square
    5 Jade Sea
    5 Baruch Bay
    3 Piken Square
    3 Elona Reach
    3 Augury Rock
    1 Seafarer's Rest
    1 Riverside
    1 Kodash

SILVER
    5 Desolation
    5 Aurora Glade
    5 Far Shiverpeaks
    3 Gandara
    3 Miller's Sound
    3 Fort Ranik
    1 Abaddon's Mouth
    1 Gunnar's Hold
    1 Underworld

BRONZE
    5 Drakkar Lake
    5 Ruins of Surmia
    5 Fissure of Woe
    3 Dzagonur
    3 Blacktide
    3 Whiteside Ridge
    1 Ring of Fire
    1 Arborstone
    1 Vabbi

Infographics for each match: http://imgur.com/a/pnUoS#0

(the clock is still ticking on the NA match)
    Last edited by Karizee; 2013-10-25 at 08:46 PM.
    Valar morghulis

Has anyone gotten their bonus chests for the end of the first week? I logged onto some of the characters I did WvW with and there was no bonus chest. How are these bonus chests given out, are they only given when you rank up?

At the end of every matchup of WvW players will receive one, two, or three bonus chests depending on their server’s performance.
    https://www.guildwars2.com/en/news/w...ns-october-18/

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post
    Has anyone gotten their bonus chests for the end of the first week? I logged onto some of the characters I did WvW with and there was no bonus chest. How are these bonus chests given out, are they only given when you rank up?

IIRC, you have to have completed a certain amount of the achievements to qualify for the chest. I don't know if they ever said how many though.

Quote Originally Posted by CrimsonKing View Post

You get the chests by ranking up in WvW. Instead of getting one chest for ranking up you'll get a bonus, how many depends on how well your server did
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

10+ Year Old Account
    NA results of Match 1

http://mos.millenium.org/na

GOLD
    5 Blackgate
    5 Tarnished Coast
    3 Sanctum of Rall
    3 Maguuma
    1 Jade Quarry
    1 Sea of Sorrows

SILVER
    5 Fort Aspenwood
    5 Yak's Bend
    5 Crystal Desert
    3 Stormbluff Isle
    3 Ehmry Bay
    3 Northern Shiverpeaks
    1 Dragonbrand
    1 Borlis Pass
    1 Isle of Janthir

BRONZE
    5 Henge of Denravi
    5 Sorrow's Furnace
    5 Gates of Madness
    3 Ferguson's Crossing
    3 Darkhaven
    3 Devona's Rest
    1 Kaineng
    1 Eredon Terrace
    1 Anvil Rock

Infographics for the first match: http://imgur.com/a/qNKuz#0

Fun fact: In this whole week on NA objective owners changed 570792 times (including ruins)
    Valar morghulis

Bonus chest? Is that the same thing as the WvW league achievement chest? That took a ridiculous amount of achievements to get and there was absolute crap in it. I think I got 2 greens and a set of blueprints.

No it's just an extra chest like the one you get from gaining wvw rank.
    In most cases, I understand the other side's viewpoint and how they came to it, but cannot tolerate their stubbornness to not see mine (the right one).

10+ Year Old Account
    Last night TC was doing great and today... we are last, screw the SEA/Oceanic guilds in NA, that's the sole reason why TC always loses against T1, in the night we manage to stay competitive up till 3am~, after that it's pretty much gg, that's the only thing i freaking hate about wvw, it's not about the skill you have but the sheer ammount of people overnight to claim all the enemy land thus leaving the world starving in supplies and unavailable to take other spots

Quote Originally Posted by Meledelion View Post
    You get the chests by ranking up in WvW. Instead of getting one chest for ranking up you'll get a bonus, how many depends on how well your server did
    Thanks, I had a feeling it was that way. I know on the WvW UI it says how many bonus chests you have left, but I guess I just wasn't paying enough attention to that UI element during the match to see if my bonus chest pool had increased or not after reset.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by barackopala View Post
    Last night TC was doing great and today... we are last, screw the SEA/Oceanic guilds in NA, that's the sole reason why TC always loses against T1, in the night we manage to stay competitive up till 3am~, after that it's pretty much gg, that's the only thing i freaking hate about wvw, it's not about the skill you have but the sheer ammount of people overnight to claim all the enemy land thus leaving the world starving in supplies and unavailable to take other spots

Our night crew is not as strong as you think it is, we are running shifts for this.

Truly I love the folks of TC to bits, just don't stand between me and BG and you won't get hurt <3
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    SoR/BG don't have SEA crews quite as large as JQs, but you're fooling yourself if you don't think your "night crews" dwarf anything that Tier 2 servers are putting up.
    [/FONT]
    At 4am on our borderlands I was seeing just as many TC as I was BG, the map was split pretty evenly 3 ways. TC had abandoned BG's borderland but so had BG pretty much, they just had a small pie slice

On the other hand TC was holding Stonemist. They don't need you to play the pity card for them, they are a respectable foe and deserve to be in Gold League.
    Valar morghulis

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Karizee View Post
    At 4am on our borderlands I was seeing just as many TC as I was BG, the map was split pretty evenly 3 ways. TC had abandoned BG's borderland but so had BG pretty much, they just had a small pie slice

On the other hand TC was holding Stonemist. They don't need you to play the pity card for them, they are a respectable foe and deserve to be in Gold League.
    Our server is really good on "equal ground", I mean equal ground as NA timezone, we manage to fight head to head with other servers but outside that timezone it's just GG and the advantage is way too big that a couple of hours of domination end up in just rolling.

Quote Originally Posted by Bovinity Divinity View Post
    Yep, that's WvW.

Devon keeps saying they have "ideas" on how to making it less population/zerg based, but refuses to give details. They've been saying it since the game dropped, so at this point I think they just don't really know what a solution would look like. Indeed, it seems like recent changes have only made it worse.
    "You have entered Gates of Madness Borderlands. A Sign Greets you: 'closed until morning, come back later.'"

Really though, I have complete faith that whatever system they could create to try to make things more balanced will instead be gamed and complained about within oh, two weeks.

going with the current track record, it will be announced, people will say why it's a stupid idea, a-net will ignore those ppl and implement it anyway, the masses will say it's a stupid idea, a-net will remove the change (or tone it down a lot) and expect a cookie.

My confidence in the balancing teams of a-net is low. I'm being generous if I'm saying 60% of me believes they will do a good job.

10+ Year Old Account
    EU score after Match 2

http://mos.millenium.org/

GOLD
    10 Vizunah Square
    8 Piken Square
    8 Jade Sea
    6 Baruch Bay
    6 Elona Reach
    6 Seafarer's Rest
    4 Augury Rock
    4 Riverside
    2 Kodash

SILVER
    10 Desolation
    8 Aurora Glade
    8 Gandara
    6 Far Shiverpeaks
    6 Fort Ranik
    6 Abaddon's Mouth
    4 Miller's Sound
    4 Gunnar's Hold
    2 Underworld

BRONZE
    10 Drakkar Lake
    10 Ruins of Surmia
    6 Fissure of Woe
    6 Dzagonur
    6 Blacktide
    6 Ring of Fire
    4 Whiteside Ridge
    4 Arborstone
    2 Vabbi

Infographics for each match: http://imgur.com/a/kctML#0

(the clock is still ticking on the NA match)
    Valar morghulis