Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst
... LastLast
    I liked how he got angry...until I discovered an even angrier youtube channel.

Ragequit.

Ex: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1vWYlaju_Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I0GBInxADs My favorite
    Last edited by Molestron; 2013-10-18 at 09:46 PM.

He's ok IMO.Some of his videos seem a little too biased.Much as I like GW2, he seemed a little too enthusiastic about it when he reviewed it.

He's okay, but his style and personality is very tiring and I can't deal with it for long.

Quote Originally Posted by Helryx View Post
    He's ok IMO.Some of his videos seem a little too biased.Much as I like GW2, he seemed a little too enthusiastic about it when he reviewed it.
    Every review is biased. Everyone has their biases, and if they don't embrace them then they're full of shit and are trying for some false sense of "objectivity" that will never be obtained.

If he liked it that much, that's entirely his opinion, which is what you get from any review (the reviewers opinion). I can tell you right now though, there was no bribing or greasing of wheels on the part of NCsoft or ArenaNet with that review. That much I know for a fact (in case you are implying there was).

No, most review websites have very strong policies about accepting any type of gifts at all. Besides if someone "bought" a score it doesn't really help in the generation of metacritic. BTW metacritic will show you how a particular company scores things compared to others. For example Gamespot is a bit lower scores than average, while IGN gives a tad bit higher

Deleted
    his reviews are pretty funny

O yea to answer OP question. I dislike video review or video pretty much altogether.

Deleted
    He is okay, would like a more objective view from him (he often don't explain why it's fun or boring. But he finish games, so he brings the entire experience out there, not just the first half hour.

Also get rid of the rating system, has no place when he review so many genres.

I like him a lot. His reviews are honest and he doesn't let how much of a "fanboy" he is of something overcome him. He's one of the only few reviewers out there that don't just sum up an entire game in 3 minutes and call it a Review! He adds a lot of humor to his videos too, which is always great.

Angry Joe has a lot going for him. He does fly off the handle on certain occasions and miss the point on others, but that's usually in his vlogs and not in his actual reviews. He does exaggerate on occasion but he's still a lot better than the vast majority online reviewers that I've seen.
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Sorry if this might seem off-topic, but is bribing to Mainstream reviews really a common thing?
    Accusations of it seem to be second nature for many people but I can only really think of a handful of cases where I actually believed it happened (and can think of none where it was ever proven).

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Salandrin View Post
    Sorry if this might seem off-topic, but is bribing to Mainstream reviews really a common thing?
    Actually, the review editor of IGN did an AMA on reddit a few days ago and he talked about that as well.

http://www.reddit.com/r/Games/commen...ws_editor_ama/

If he's got a review on a game I'm interested it's usually one of the sources I use to make my decision.
    Last edited by grandpab; 2013-10-18 at 10:26 PM.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by kail View Post
    The guy is funny, but goes of on a tangent and can be quite biased IMO. Remember when he reviewed EVE and practically missed the point of the game. I just watch them to have a laugh than to learn if a game is decent or not.
    He's not really hiding the fact that he's biased on certain things especially MMO he's not a big fan and he's kind of a old school gamer, once one acknowledge that he knows which one are more serious reviews and which ones to take more seriously. :P

yeah, one of the best reviewers out there if you ask me..or at least i like him like others have said, fun and informative

10+ Year Old Account
    Joe is a glorified troll just like the Zero Punctuation guy.

10+ Year Old Account
    If his reviews were 15 minutes shorther then sure, he'd be fine..

But as it is, his attitude gets tiring after 25+ minutes.. He is a bit "everyone who thinks otherwise, is an idiot" for me.
    I like juice

Deleted
    I think he does make some good points and definitely puts a lot of time and effort into research, production and arguments. I just don't like his presentation style. Unless it's something I'm really interested in but slightly put-off by certain aspects I don't tend to watch reviews anyway, but in those instances I will look at his. I couldn't watch him "just for entertainment" though. I don't find him very funny or endearing enough for that.

Quote Originally Posted by Molestron View Post
    I liked how he got angry...until I discovered an even angrier youtube channel.

Ragequit.

Ex: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k1vWYlaju_Q

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5I0GBInxADs My favorite
    You should see his lets play of resident evil (first one).

Deleted
    I watch him occasionally. Him and Totalbiscuit are my go to when wondering if I should buy a game.

To prevent any flaming - I don't follow them blindly and I acknowledge that they both have flaws in their attitude.

I thought his reviews are honest and unbiased. That was before I've seen his GW2 review. Since then I don't watch him anymore.