Page 1 of 3
LastLast

"World of Warcraft: What's Next"

2 dollars WOW goes Free to Play....

good day.

2 dollars....oh you're betting us 2 dollars that WoW will go free to play? wow, such a risk taker!

I have an idea about what's next for this thread...

10+ Year Old Account
    You're dreaming sir.
    #TeamLegion #UnderEarthofAzerothexpansion plz #Arathor4Alliance #TeamNoBlueHorde

Warrior-Magi

It's just a title of the panel on which they are going to reveal next expansion, plans etc.

What's next is more something like "What await you in the next expack"

As long as they keep the sub option also, so I can stay subbed and get 100x the amount of shit that free to play users get, and watch then bitch and complain that free to play does not give them everything in the world.

But no really, if they go free to play which they will eventually, which won't be the start of the next expansion considering they have a peak at the start of an expansion so it wouldn't be smart considering they will have a lot people check it out at the very start for easy subs' But if they do go free to play, Ill stay subbed.

10+ Year Old Account
    Why do people think WoW needs to go F2P, It's sub model is very profitable & only a fool would think they would drop it. Most of the MMOs that went F2P didn't have anough players to support the subscription most of those games had like 100k - 200k players. WoW has technically 7 Mill Active Accounts that pay the sub weither its monthly or by the hour.

I can see them dropping the price maybe to 10 or 12 bucks, but that's it really.
    Last edited by Arbs; 2013-10-19 at 04:12 AM.

Epic!
    15+ Year Old Account
    man $2 per person on mmo champ is going to be very expensive for the OP.

15+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by vass23 View Post
    2 dollars WOW goes Free to Play....

good day.
    I'll take your bet. Would you like my address so you can mail me your money for being wrong?
    Fenixdown (retail) : level 60 priest. 2005-2015, 2022-???? (returned!)
    Fenixdown (classic) : level 70 priest. 2019 - present

Deleted
    What's next? Lies and promises they can't keep that is insulting to our intelligence. Also a viewing of new character models that wont come into the game until they are no longer relevant. And justification for selling Cosmetic and/or normal items in Blizzard store.

That is my prediction.

7 Million Players = Needs to go free to play right?

Not going to happen.

Not yet, not for a while (years)

I'd rather pay a subscription than pay nothing tbh, benefits of paying for something generally outweigh the benefits of having something for free.

Maybe it's just the next expansion but i have a feeling that's something more. Maybe they will make WoW free to play until level 90 once the next expansion hits or something like that. The subs are going down pretty fast and now with the Titan reset they need to keep WoW up a little more.

Just a random idea, it can be something very different but i suspect they will announce something more than just the WoW expansion this Blizzcon.

10+ Year Old Account

That about sums it up.

Infracted.
    Last edited by Lochton; 2013-10-19 at 11:17 AM.

Thank you ElyPop for the sig!

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Maybe at the panel for Blizzcon 2017~ when WoW dips below 800,000~ subs.
    AchaeaKoralin - Are you still out there? | Classic Priest

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by BetrayedOf52 View Post
    As long as they keep the sub option also, so I can stay subbed and get 100x the amount of shit that free to play users get, and watch then bitch and complain that free to play does not give them everything in the world.

But no really, if they go free to play which they will eventually, which won't be the start of the next expansion considering they have a peak at the start of an expansion so it wouldn't be smart considering they will have a lot people check it out at the very start for easy subs' But if they do go free to play, Ill stay subbed.
    Or they could be smart about it and do it like Rift.

My bet's that it's just going to be about the next expansion. WoW is just pulling in too much cash for them to F2P it now.
    Quote Originally Posted by Warwithin View Post
    Politicians put their hand on the BIBLE and swore to uphold the CONSTITUTION. They did not put their hand on the CONSTITUTION and swear to uphold the BIBLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by Adam Jensen View Post
    Except maybe Morgan Freeman. That man could convince God to be an atheist with that voice of his . . .
    Quote Originally Posted by LiiLoSNK View Post
    If your girlfriend is a girl and you're a guy, your kid is destined to be some sort of half girl/half guy abomination.

Quote Originally Posted by endersblade View Post
    Or they could be smart about it and do it like Rift.

My bet's that it's just going to be about the next expansion. WoW is just pulling in too much cash for them to F2P it now.
    I don't remember Rifts and I was subbed, what do they do? I remember getting monthly currency.

Quote Originally Posted by Arbsbear View Post

I can see them dropping the price maybe to 10 or 12 bucks, but that's it really.
    Can't see them ever dropping the sub price. It's been the same since WOW was released I think. So technically when you take inflation into account Blizz have been earning less per sub over time anyway.

I'll claim that $2 when they just announce an expansion during that time slot.