Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst
LastLast
    I think we have enough imo. Out of 11 classes already we have Death Knights and Warlocks. Then there's Priest, which uses both Light and Shadow.

Quote Originally Posted by Therougetitan View Post
    I think we have enough imo. Out of 11 classes already we have Death Knights and Warlocks. Then there's Priest, which uses both Light and Shadow.
    That's fine. I did ask if you can think of a new class that uses dark magic, and you cannot.
    I hope others who share the same view will think twice before posting or it will become very dull reading.

Try use your imagination, and if you can't come up with one, perhaps contribute to what others came up with, let's start sharing
    some ideas and what could work, there is always a way.

10+ Year Old Account
    We already have enough "dark and edgy" archetypes in this game.

Quote Originally Posted by raist474 View Post
    We already have enough "dark and edgy" archetypes in this game.
    *sigh* The question wasn't if there is enough. The question was if you could come up with one.
    Are you going to post like this in every topic that ask someone if they can come up with something and say, "no".

Someone makes a thread asking:
    "Hello, can you come up with a good quest story for World of Warcraft?"
    raist474 says: "We already have enough quest stories in this game."

That's not neccessary or nice to do.
    Last edited by Gnome; 2013-10-19 at 06:06 PM.

Dark Ranger would actually fill a niche in the game.

Could fulfill the role of ranged DPS, caster DPS, and melee DPS providing another user for ranged weapons, agility daggers, agility mail, and intellect mail. Shadow weapon infusions, blighted ammunition, and D3 Witch Doctor style soul magic.

Quote Originally Posted by Amorise View Post
    Dark Ranger would actually fill a niche in the game.

Could fulfill the role of ranged DPS, caster DPS, and melee DPS providing another user for ranged weapons, agility daggers, agility mail, and intellect mail. Shadow weapon infusions, blighted ammunition, and D3 Witch Doctor style soul magic.
    Sounds cool. Have you given it any thought on how this class would become playable for all races, or introduced?
    Last edited by Gnome; 2013-10-19 at 06:17 PM.

Deleted
    This is what I love about monks. It puts the NIQ into UNIQUE, BABY!

Necromancer: too similar to Death Knight
    Demon Hunter: too similar to Warlock

Im placing my bets on no more classes. And if any, a unique one no one was expecting.

Infact, Dragonsworn sounds pretty cool.

Quote Originally Posted by jabulaniman View Post
    This is what I love about monks. It puts the NIQ into UNIQUE, BABY!

Necromancer: too similar to Death Knight
    Demon Hunter: too similar to Warlock

Im placing my bets on no more classes. And if any, a unique one no one was expecting.

Infact, Dragonsworn sounds pretty cool.
    Personally think melee are pretty much done. After reworking Rogues, they'll have pretty much exhausted the potential in a melee class given how much has already been thrown around to other classes and specs.

There still is room for ranged DPS though, primarily in the ranged weaponry and mail armor department. Dark Rangers, Tinkers, and Bards for example still have strong potential while something like a Demon Hunter will be hard to design without causing an unhealthy amount of overlap and redundancy.

Dark Ranger
    -Agility mail melee DPS using agility daggers.
    -Agility mail petless ranged DPS using ranged weapons
    -Intellect mail caster DPS

Tinker: Pick 3
    -Agility mail tank
    -Agility mail ranged DPS using ranged weapons
    -Intellect mail caster DPS
    -Intellect mail healer

Bard
    -Agility mail ranged DPS
    -Intellect mail healer
    -Intellect mail support tree (something they stated they're interested in trying)

Those have options and potential as new classes and specs and would fix some itemization holes. Intellect plate is unfortunately bit harder to fix.
    Last edited by Bullettime; 2013-10-19 at 09:40 PM.

Dark Ranger fits perfectly imo, could give me a bow-wielding class I'd actually like to play. Hunters have that nature crap and the silly pet ruining them for me.

Fart Wizard.

Plague, pestilence and all that sort of thing.

Instead of Necromancers, they just need to retool Unholy DKs to be a spellcastery, undead minion spec. Which it kinda is already, but just give it more spells and less strikes. Death Coil, Life Drain, Bone shard, miasmic poison death cloud, or whatever. Because a Necromancer is definitely too much like a Death Knight to be a stand alone thing, but its also too awesome of an idea to leave out.

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Time bender.

Based off those crackling black infinite dragonflight dudes.

Quote Originally Posted by Telomerase View Post
    Time bender.

Based off those crackling black infinite dragonflight dudes.
    why you gotta bring race into it.....JK

That would be kinda cool, but mage's are getting all timey wimey wibbly wobbly so it might be a good dark 4th spec for a mage

Herald of the Titans Chain Chungus's Avatar
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by ShadowJester View Post
    why you gotta bring race into it.....JK

That would be kinda cool, but mage's are getting all timey wimey wibbly wobbly so it might be a good dark 4th spec for a mage
    I wouldn't complain about that. I'd play my mage again!

Totally new?

Transcendent

Someone who uses dark magic on themselves. Some abilities that allow them to possess other monsters taking control of their body. Some abilities that let them spread their soul out into a bunch of weaker figures. Eventually they'd have abilities where their soul was bound to a non mortal form like a lich. They could also augment themselves with non living materials... but that could get kind cyber punk. They could put part of their soul into golems as well. It's pretty wide open and there are tons of in game things related to unique soul manipulation (Mogu, original DKs) without any one particular class who exemplifies it.

Quote Originally Posted by Slowpoke is a Gamer View Post
    Demon Hunter.

Witch Doctor is more or less a Shaman with alterations, Dark Hunter would overlap too far with Hunter, and Necromancer died with the Death Knight.
    And demon hunter overlaps warlocks.

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowJester View Post
    Instead of Necromancers, they just need to retool Unholy DKs to be a spellcastery, undead minion spec. Which it kinda is already, but just give it more spells and less strikes. Death Coil, Life Drain, Bone shard, miasmic poison death cloud, or whatever. Because a Necromancer is definitely too much like a Death Knight to be a stand alone thing, but its also too awesome of an idea to leave out.
    Should have been that way to begin with but unfortunately that ship has sailed. They're unlikely to change Unholy like that for the same reason Beast Mastery is unlikely to ever be retooled into a melee spec; would gut the specs for those who enjoy the existing format. The Warlock revamp was severe enough for some but a complete change like that would have backlash.

If they add a Dark Ranger class (one of the only remaining class concepts that would work given the design of existing classes) hopefully they'd give it a proper necromancer spec. Raise skeletons, soul magic, miasma, etc.

Classes don't need to be added just because. Necromancers are pretty much covered by locks and dk's. And do we really need another class that used dark magic? I don't think we do. The devs should refine the classes we already have.

Quote Originally Posted by Last Starfighter View Post
    Classes don't need to be added just because. Necromancers are pretty much covered by locks and dk's. And do we really need another class that used dark magic? I don't think we do. The devs should refine the classes we already have.
    I don't know, refine is a bad word in WoW design. They'd end up refining half the classes right out of the game. If you want to talk about which classes and specs should go and which should be combined I'll join you though.