Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst ...
LastLast
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Belloc View Post
    Uh... they already updated Brewfest and Hallow's End at the start of the expansion. Not our fault you weren't around for them back when they still gave upgrades.
    Imagine if they hadn't have upgraded the gear from those 2. There would have been a decent negative response to that. So, yea, updating the drops to be a bit more "current" shouldn't even be a question. It is kind of sad, though. The Timeless isle comes out, and bam, all those 470 ilvl drops becomes obsolete except for the rare vanity stuff.

With that being said, blizz SHOULD add something each time the holiday is out. Sure, there was the brew-backpack the previous brewfest, but that was it.

Of course, blizzard is fulfilling the precedence they have set for themselves for the holidays- toss a bone every now and then to keep players in it. Having the same brewfest stein almost 4 years in a row told me that they really could care less about keeping the holidays engaging for all players.

Eh. With that being said, blizz IS adding another something to the christmas update- a new pet and mount by the looks of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by Moounter View Post
    I think your problem is a lack of intellect.

Because they don't make enough money to add 5 new people dedicated to making a few updates to each holiday or every other holiday. If it's not about raiding, it's just not gonna get done unfortunately. Blizzard doesn't care about non-raiders after the beginning of the expansion.

How they treat their holidays comes back to a famous anomaly that happens in humans.

If you can't do the small things, what makes you think that you are capable of doing anything big anymore.

I don't know the original quote/author (If their ever was one), but you see this used a lot in the entertainment business. The most recent example I can think of is the Adventure Time episode with the business men. They get lazy and tell them they will wait till something super big happens before trying to save the people.

/**
    I guess another might be the Cinderella Man with Russell Crowe.

The current world championship boxer was once the best in the world, but with his upcoming fight with James Braddock (James Braddock) he started screwing off, partying and not taking his training seriously. James Braddock trained his ass off and won the World Championship.

//**
    I apply this to Blizzard because right now this is what I feel their general attitude is to their work, do the bare minimum.

If they came out claiming they wanted to improve this and that, and add this cool stuff and actually follow up on their words I would be more impressed because that $15 monthly fee is just way to expensive nowadays for their slow, average content IMO.

To those saying "I would rather they spend the time working on end game content"...

They don't have to have their raid and normal quest team work on this. There is loads of talent for hire in the market right now, and temporary work is no stranger to this industry. Hell, Blizzard could probably get people from other studio's to come work with them on this, and anything else for that matter if they held up a carrot. Activisionblizzard is worth in the ballpark of twenty billion, and they have a MASSIVE cash reserve for a chair.

The only reason Blizzard doesn't regularly update stuff like this is because they are being cheap. It is not hard to find people to do this type work for scraps. Its bloody freaking holiday events. Not new tier raids that require thousands of hours of combined work.

10+ Year Old Account
    No time for 5 man dungeons, No time to update the holiday events, Most of seige of org is reused environments, timeless isle is reused art assets from jade forrest, they eliminated weapon slots so they'd have less work to do. What exactly are the wow developers working on these days. Cutting so many corners, doing as little as they can to get by with. Right now i'm starting to feel cheated.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 303 808 909 View Post
    No time for 5 man dungeons, No time to update the holiday events, Most of seige of org is reused environments, timeless isle is reused art assets from jade forrest, they eliminated weapon slots so they'd have less work to do. What exactly are the wow developers working on these days. Cutting so many corners, doing as little as they can to get by with. Right now i'm starting to feel cheated.
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/95475
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/95474
    http://us.battle.net/wow/en/item/97213

Hats.
    Last edited by SodiumChloride; 2013-10-20 at 05:33 AM.

I'd love them to update all the holidays, I don't give a shit about gear that drops from holiday event's, they can't make it exactly BIS at specific times of the year.

I'd like to see way more quests, items, titles, mounts and so on added, all the events follows very basic concepts with very little content, go from A to B to talk to C and collect D, E and F.

They could literally do so, so much.

Even if they just added a little bit of new content everytime it rolled around, a couple new achievements, quests and items, updated content does not = updated ilevel - instead of a massive overhaul once every x years.

You do them once and you have no reason to do them again, and that is the failure, even with updated loot it still fails, oh lets run headless once a day for a week for the chance at a mount, truly engaging content. - P.S Even the bag drop hasn't been updated, 16 slot? Alright it's free so thats nice, but who even uses 16 slot bags anymore? Even an upgrade to 18, (Should be 20, considering you can get 24 from quest and 22 for 200g) ANYTHING! Edit: Just checked and the bag was added in Patch 1.12.2 and hasn't been updated since.

Add an EPIC questline to each event, a big, long ass quest line, taking you all around the world, with different mechanics added in, a cutscene, some vehicle use, some mini game, some collect, bla bla bla.

P.S TRANSMOG - Transmog....transmog gives the ability to suddenly add items that require zero balance or stat calculation as they have no stats, like the challenge mode items, add new sets? Halloween set, better yet, make a new set every october that reflects the current in-game status, in this case, SoO, use visual style from there,

I'll give them credit to Darkmoon Faire, that was a MASSIVE overhaul, and very, very, well done (the "isle" looks amazing imo), the other events should reflect the amount of change that has went into DMF.

Also they could easily hire a couple guys specifically to do stuff like this, it's not difficult.
    Last edited by Toiran; 2013-10-20 at 05:37 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by SL1200 303 808 909 View Post
    Also try to get a response from support in a decent amount of time since they cut the staff considerably.

10+ Year Old Account
    fuck guys, you can only equip ONE timeless ring. its not a TOTAL waste for your alts to do the holiday as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Toiran View Post

P.S TRANSMOG - Transmog....transmog gives the ability to suddenly add items that require zero balance or stat calculation as they have no stats, like the challenge mode items, add new sets? Halloween set, better yet, make a new set every october that reflects the current in-game status, in this case, SoO, use visual style from there,

I'll give them credit to Darkmoon Faire, that was a MASSIVE overhaul, and very, very, well done (the "isle" looks amazing imo), the other events should reflect the amount of change that has went into DMF.
    This, I'd love to see a few more fun transmog items from holidays. Large updates are all well and good, Darkmoon being a prime example, but there's always a limit to how much they can make. So you have to ask yourself if you consider updating events that at best are available for 1/25th of the year (some times a lot less) high priority.

Legendary!
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by anisadora View Post
    fuck guys, you can only equip ONE timeless ring. its not a TOTAL waste for your alts to do the holiday as it is.
    Wrong.

10 char.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by chrth View Post
    I would imagine most of the game designers who would be working on the holiday content are waist-deep in the next xpac.
    This is why. All of us know if they spent time so every holiday had new content each year that others would complain saying

"Why is Blizzard spending time making Mecha Greench this year! They should be spending more time coming out with Super Illidan! Where is Tier X Blizzard? stupid casuals ruining this game."

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Seronalis View Post
    This, I'd love to see a few more fun transmog items from holidays. Large updates are all well and good, Darkmoon being a prime example, but there's always a limit to how much they can make. So you have to ask yourself if you consider updating events that at best are available for 1/25th of the year (some times a lot less) high priority.
    Yes, holiday events should be a fun thing, something that'll make you think "Oh man, I really wish this wasn't going to end in X days, now I have to wait a whole year to re-play this really fun event!", right now most people I know within my guild rather think of them as boring chores with the only goal of getting the yearly meta achievement for the violet proto drake.

I don't understand why the holiday boss loot isn't updated. Just lazyness. If they want people doing the content, the reward has to be there. An ilvl 470 ring is just stupid at this point when timeless isle drops 496 loot like candy.

After all, I'm sure it's really tough to change the ilvl of a fucking ring.

It's kind of sad that the orphan in Stormwind still says he can't go trick or treating because of Deathwing.

At the very least, they should update some of the existing items to actually be worth keeping. Why aren't the helms from Halloween And Christmas classified as Cosmetic instead of cloth, for example? Hell, I think they're still banned from transmog to begin with, which is ridiculous.

And the weapons might be crap, but that means there's even less reason to keep them rare and BoP. To this day my Hunter is still the only character I have the Frostscythe on. "But then you'd see EVERY Warlock with it!!!" is a poor excuse. Maybe they should make some better looking staves if that's the case. And not give them to Druids *coughHalfusstaffcough*
    OMG 13:37 - Then Jesus said to His disciples, "Cleave unto me, and I shall grant to thee the blessing of eternal salvation."

And His disciples said unto Him, "Can we get Kings instead?"

There's a difference between a complete overall and a simple update. How many resources would it burn to turn those 470~ epics into 5XX ones?

I understand and agree with Blizzard's decisions to keep the events the same year after year. While new events would be fun, I would rather have other new things. But not even putting enough work to change some numbers? Really? For the tenth aniversary, are we going to get another piece of mail that mentions that adventurers are in high demand due to the recent coming of Deathwing? It honestly just doesn't make any sense to me. :S

10+ Year Old Account
    I really don't care about holiday events at all. Except for the magical cat, I don't have anything else holiday related.

This thread is proof that some people will defend Blizzard for everything. Like Obama and drones/spying. Even if it isnt in their interest, they'll find a way to put it back on the player and give Blizz the pass.
    Free-To-Play is the future.

Deleted
    i 100% agree OP. These events are one of the things i still dig, hell even doing in pandaria. It takes my mind of the whole kung fu thing with those pandas.
    I pay so much money yet all they do is give us SOO (okay fair enough) and a small island to explore where rng is king and reused textures. Sorry but the content delivery in MOP was beneath standards i had from blizzard. Seriously who was waiting for proving grounds? It's easy and exploitable. Who was waiting for, in times daily quests where shout at by everyone, a daily quest island where linear progression based gameplay was king?

MOP for me was a major letdown. I hope blizzard can convince me in the next expansion. The setting will matter so hard.