Deleted

Old items from old events

Heya all, so I have limited banking space as I'm gathering all matter of things I like and, as usual, I have reached a point where my bank is full... so I started looking a bit and found a few items and want to ask if anyone knows if these will be used for anything anymore at all ever:

- Map fragment, Mysterious Soggy Bag, Map of Southshun Cove - these are for the kraka event, got them in P1, then devs said to hold on to them, but in p2 and going forward, no npc asked for them, at all, ever. Do these play a role at all anywhere?
    - support tokens, Ellen Kiel badge, Evon Gnashblade badge - will we vote again at all, can I do anything besides selling them?
    - Sample detector - I can't even remember what's this from...
    - Investigation kit - this is from the Molten Alliance pre-event, though it's not usable anymore
    - Order Cryptotranslator - again, collecting messages from before Molten Alliance pre-event, though I don't think I can use it anymore.

These are the most important, so wanted some advice

10+ Year Old Account
    You can toss those, unless you want to save them to link at some point in the distant future for lolz
    Valar morghulis

I'm not sure if there are guild banks in GW2. What I did for some of that useless old crap in wow i didn't want to toss, I created an alt, bought a small guild with him for like 100g - has two guild vault tabs and send all the junk to him.

Soulbound stuff... now that is an issue.

In GW2 you can't put soulbound/ account bound items in the guild bank, so that's not an option.

Sample Detector is from the last Southsun event, where the lady sent you to scan samples.

I've got my map fragments and stuff, and have a candy corn meter that I kept in hopes of it being useful to upgrade more backpacks this year, but alas, no. Pretty sure all of it is worthless and will be replaced if they are ever needed again.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Svifnymr View Post
    In GW2 you can't put soulbound/ account bound items in the guild bank, so that's not an option.

Sample Detector is from the last Southsun event, where the lady sent you to scan samples.

I've got my map fragments and stuff, and have a candy corn meter that I kept in hopes of it being useful to upgrade more backpacks this year, but alas, no. Pretty sure all of it is worthless and will be replaced if they are ever needed again.
    Well yeah but you can expand your personal bank

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by slime View Post
    I'm not sure if there are guild banks in GW2. What I did for some of that useless old crap in wow i didn't want to toss, I created an alt, bought a small guild with him for like 100g - has two guild vault tabs and send all the junk to him.

Soulbound stuff... now that is an issue.
    in GW 2 all characters share the bank. So, for example, it's like you stuffed things in your WoW bank, logged with another char and saw the stuff character 1 put there.
    The bank can be expanded (no clue how much, I expanded mine 2 times by now) for ... 600 gems I believe it is. Gems can be gotten by either buying them with real money or by trading gold for them. At the moment the price (on my server) seems to fluctuate between 4-6 gold per 100 gems. 4-6 gold can be gotten in a few days of casual play (or 1-2 day of grinding).

The idea with guild would be interesting, though I'm planning of expanding my character bank for the moment, trading gold for gems But still, feels weird having some items that don't do anything yet might never be used again either.

A lot of folks form their own guild in order to get a guild bank, but you have to build up influence via events and stuff, so it's not just a "buy a guild license and dump your junk". As I said though, you can't put account bound stuff in the guild bank, even if you're the only one with access.

Deleted
    As a matter of fact it is. There is a vendor next to the guild bank NPC - at least he's definitely next to them in the Asura Town - who sells commendations. I think the price is 2g per 1k points. Goes higher and lower but with the same ratio.

That aside, throw them away unless you want to keep them as vanity items. I never encountered any specific-event item that was usable in the later months and even if the devs decided to go down that way, they 'd reintroduce them. They wouldn't let people who threw them away being excluded from content.

Ah, true, forgot about buying influence. You also get influence scrolls at various parts of the personal story, of course, and sometimes in black lion chests.

Deleted
    Yup, you were right, besides the idea of "look, I have this and nobody else does unless they played at that time", there's no use in keeping old items. The candy detector or whatever it's called showed me that. It doesn't work properly anymore and as such its purpose is gone.

Thanks, I've been wondering the same thing and keep all sort of stuff for nothing :S