Page 1 of 2
LastLast

MMORPG/RPG with death knight class

I'm looking for another game or games other than WoW where I can play as a death knight class or something very close to it. Skyrim comes to minds since I can be anything I want or maybe Dark Souls. I haven't played Dark Souls yet but I'm thinking of getting it on the pc. Any other games out there?

Deleted
    Deathknight as in a melee, plague/frost/disease caster and necromancer? Or just an undead dark warrior?

EQ2 got shadow knights, somewhat close to deathknight

I think as far as mmorpgs go what Lemposs said and the Reaver soul in rift for warrior class, is pretty dot focused tanking.

As far as melee focused dot with some 'bam hit you' abilities, probably nightblade for the rogue spec or for warrior riftblade. Not sure other than that.

10+ Year Old Account
    There's Arcane Warrior in Dragon Age: Origins, but you have to unlock it by playing through, and it's more of a throw a billion buffs on yourself and hit hard as fuck.

You can play a Mage/Warrior or Mage/Rogue type in Kingdom's of Amalur as well, using a 1/2h Sword/Axe/Hammer/A Sword/Shield, FaeBlades (think warglaives) or my favorite the Chakram (it's sort of a ring-shaped blade that you throw around), casting frost/fire/lightning spells and summon a demon pet.

10+ Year Old Account
    Darksiders 2 comes to mind. It's not classed based or anything but the protagonist is pretty much a deathknight on crack.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Loaf Lord View Post
    Darksiders 2 comes to mind. It's not classed based or anything but the protagonist is pretty much a deathknight on crack.
    This. Theres nothing more satisfying to watch than DEATH ripping monsters apart with those scythes. Good game.

Also, on games that i know off with either Death Knight or its variants (Shadow Knight , Dark Knight, etc):

RPGs : Darksiders 2, Champions of Norrath, Dragon Age II, (I think on this one Warrior can spec into Reaver or whatever the name was? Can't remember of the top of my head.) , Neverwinter Nights (with expansion Shadows of Undrentide, allows you to acess prestige class "Blackguard"), Neverwinter Nights 2

MMOs: WoW, EQ2, Final Fantasy XI, Rift (Reaver soul for Warriors), SWTOR (Not specifically a DK, but a Sith Warrior or even a Sith Inquisitor can look like your regular Dark Knight / Evil Warrior theme).

Come to think of it, its probably my favorite class or style so to speak , but theres not a whole lot of games doing them. I guess devs put a Warrior in every game along with Dark armor and let people imagine they are one.
    Last edited by Razael; 2013-10-20 at 01:12 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lemposs View Post
    Deathknight as in a melee, plague/frost/disease caster and necromancer? Or just an undead dark warrior?

EQ2 got shadow knights, somewhat close to deathknight
    I played as a shadow knight on EQ (how I miss those days) so something along the lines of that. So far Skyrim will fit. I'm not sure of EQ2 but I'll look into it. Rift sounds interesting. How good is it? How good is dark souls and will I be able to make a class like that on the game?

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Dravok View Post
    How good is dark souls and will I be able to make a class like that on the game?
    Dark Souls is great, but you can't really be anything like a DK in it. The closest thing you can be to a DK is a heavily armored warrior that uses magic. There isn't any necromantic type of powers in the game.

- - - Updated - - -

Also, in DA:O you could multiclass as a blood mage/arcane warrior, which would fit a blood DK in theme... sort of.
    Last edited by Loaf Lord; 2013-10-20 at 01:59 AM.

Everquest 1 or 2. Which is where a lot of the "Death Knight" ideas and design were taken from.

http://everquest.allakhazam.com/classes.html?class=5
    http://eq2.wikia.com/wiki/Category:Shadowknight

other than those mentioned already, a Dark Templar in Age of Conan is somewhat similar in that it is a heavy armor class that uses a lot of debuffs and auras that drains health from enemies. It has a lot of life leeching abilities.

Anyone with experience with playing Rift, EQ2, and Age of Conan to tell me which ones are the most polished and fun to play?

Deleted
    Anyone with experience with playing Rift, EQ2, and Age of Conan to tell me which ones are the most polished and fun to play?
    Rift, hands down Rift. Although EQ2 is special and can consume the right mind

Rift is the most polished, but by no means is it actually polished. Trust me on your way to 60 you'll find tons of bugs/exploits as well as at 60.

Anyone can argue its polished, but from my experience I quit for 2 main reasons.

1. There was so many ways to exploit/bug bosses at 60 that I just couldnt take it anymore

2. The game is so poorly optimized...

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Angarin View Post
    Rift is the most polished, but by no means is it actually polished. Trust me on your way to 60 you'll find tons of bugs/exploits as well as at 60.
    Anyone can argue its polished, but from my experience I quit for 2 main reasons.

1. There was so many ways to exploit/bug bosses at 60 that I just couldnt take it anymore

2. The game is so poorly optimized...
    I seen one bug in 1-60, so guess some lucky and others aren't?

1. Most bosses are fixed by now.

2. They implemeted extreme lowmode and got a fix on the way

well personally Age of Conan is the most fun to play

Rift is probably the most polished

EQ2 has the most content

Rift is likely the most polished, while I'd say AoC is one of the most fun to play due to its combat system. EQ2 can be awesome, but only if you're willing to deal with a grind or a high learning curve.

Rift is about the best an MMO in the 2nd wave style has ever been produced. If you like MMOs in the specific style and structure of game design as post-World of Warcraft and pre-Guild Wars 2 AAA MMOs, than Rift is the finest example of that game design currently.

Everquest 2 is somewhat in the middle. The content and innovation are terrific, but the game is one foot-in/one foot-out in terms of design. Straddling the line between the MMOs of the pre and post Warcraft era. EQ2 is fairly... massive. Hard to get into as a fresh player but highly rewarding.

AoC is fairly inventive. A good game of solid ideas executed in the typically piecemeal, sloppy and ultimately unsatisfying manner of other Funcom titles. Somewhat of a steep learning curve and the game depends largely on what you make of it. Not for everyone but a solid game nonetheless.

I don't have any comment on "fun". Not sure what outlines "fun" in this context.

Quote Originally Posted by Fencers View Post
    I don't have any comment on "fun". Not sure what outlines "fun" in this context.
    Once we learn to quantify fun and are able to assign numbers and solid data to it you'll grasp the concept : P

Quote Originally Posted by Edge- View Post
    Once we learn to quantify fun and are able to assign numbers and solid data to it you'll grasp the concept : P
    What I meant was I can't know what he defines as fun. Maybe he likes more reactive combat, statistical analysis or modular class systems.

Maybe he doesn't like any of those. There is no way to know. Aside to say those are 3 well made games with different play systems, the aspect of "fun" has no relevance to me.

10+ Year Old Account
    I have never played AoC before so i don't have answer for that, But I like EQ2 the most outta the other two.

But it all subjective in the end, I would suggest trying both out & see what you like better.