KAnnounce - Help please!

The addon http://www.curse.com/addons/wow/kannounce is simply amazing. But the author is gone and I get UI error all the time, either if someone can fix that error or if you know an addon that does simply the same as this one that is updated.

You can add spells you want announced from anyone. Announce it for yourself, or any other chat, I prefer for myself. So you can add people's personal cooldowns, raidcooldowns. It will be announced in the chat you prefer with the person that used it, what he cast with a spellLink, and on who, if he cast on someone.

Here's the error:

Code:
    2784x KAnnounce-0.1\Core.lua:652: bad argument #1 to "band" (number expected, got string)
    <in C code>
    KAnnounce-0.1\Core.lua:652: in function <KAnnounce\Core.lua:651>
    KAnnounce-0.1\Core.lua:663: in function "?"
    Libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0-6.lua:147: in function <Libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0.lua:147>
    <string>:"safecall Dispatcher[23]":4: in function <string>:"safecall Dispatcher[23]":4
    <in C code>
    <string>:"safecall Dispatcher[23]":13: in function "?"
    Libs\CallbackHandler-1.0\CallbackHandler-1.0-6.lua:92: in function "Fire"
    Libs\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0-3.lua:120: in function <Libs\AceEvent-3.0\AceEvent-3.0.lua:119>

Locals:
    nil

are you talking about the LUA error pop ups? you can just shut those off, if the addon still works anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by KOMO1211 View Post
    are you talking about the LUA error pop ups? you can just shut those off, if the addon still works anyway.
    Yes, I know it works even with that error, but sometimes some cooldowns does not show, so I guess it has to do with this error. So would be cool to have it fixed.

Still need help on this! Anyone?

What version are you using?

The error is probably related to the COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED and the SourceGUID not being set correctly. Does this happen all the time whenever you are in combat?

Quote Originally Posted by Tehpounderer View Post
    What version are you using?

The error is probably related to the COMBAT_LOG_EVENT_UNFILTERED and the SourceGUID not being set correctly. Does this happen all the time whenever you are in combat?
    Not everytime, but quite often, yeah. I am using the "newest" version, 0008. Any chance by knowing how to fix it?

I took a quick look and it appears as though the arguments are being passed correctly, but I'm not very familiar with this event. I will try to take a closer look when I'm at a computer with the game installed but my schedule is pretty full, can't promise anything.

Cool dude, thanks for giving it a try. It's an extremely handy addon and more people should use it. I'll keep an eye on this thread though.

Simple fix.
    Under the core.lua file
    Go to line 651. Replace that function with this:
    Code:
    local function IsThatAMonster(GUID)
    	if GUID ~= "" then
    		if bit.band(string.sub(GUID, 0, 5), 0x00F) == 0x003 then
    		--checks if GUID is a monster, see API UnitGUID on wowwiki
    			return true
    		else
    			return false
    		end
    	end
    end

Thank you, Clebane! I will check it out and see if it worked and get back here.