Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ...
    10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Deuse View Post
    Two guildies fell in love, moved across the country, got married, had a kid, then got divorced. Both are still in the guild...
    Awwwwkwaaaard...
    I haven't had much guild drama in my WoW life. Have had a friend of mine who kept being sat because he CBAd to learn fights. One of the 2 GMs in the guild was pretty terribad but was never sat, and when a BoE polearm dropped, one of the guildies teased my friend with it saying he could buy it for 20k (this was during firelands).

My second guild drama was during 5.3. I was in this really small casual guild which consisted of ex-raiders from another realm. At some point, 2-3 out of the 4 ex-raiders (the 4th being the GM) left the guild to join one that was progressing. Now mind you, these ex-raiders have been friends for like 2-3 years and they simply left the guild.

My GM is still sitting in his lonely guild as I went to the alliance side as there was no PVP going on on the Horde side (I was in the guild because it was fairly socially active, which I enjoyed). Sometimes I log on my horde char to do some random stuff and I see him and it's so sad

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Snaige View Post
    Honestly though, how do those couples end up in the same guild... I mean, in real life, it is a questionable and, more often than not, a poor decision for both people to choose to work in the same place as your spouse, unless it is, of course, a small family business. If you go to the same raiding guild as your significant other, it is exactly as bad, for the exact same reason. I understand when sometimes a boyfriend and a girlfriend end up in the same guild, they are young and inexperienced, but adults, married people, with work experience, surely they would know better than that...
    You have a point you know. But I don't work for fun, I do play the game for fun. I want to spend some of my in-game time with my boyfriend and not in two different guilds.

We had a girl in our Guild that seemed to love drama... anyway, we had a GM that had a militaristic approach to running the guild... most people as much as they didn't like they accepted this because things got done and nothing ever got out of control as the GM took care of everything himself. Anyway, this girl didn't like it... and she set out to create a divide within the members of the guild... she used the whole "im a gurl irl guys and i want male attention"... and obviously many of the people fell for this shit.

After one raid she quit the guild after having a huge arguement with the GM and joined a rival guild, obviously she starts to whisper some of her male fans to follow and they did. Two hours later the GM logs on completely shocked that most of his friends had jumped ship, he (being as resourceful as he could be) managed to replace all the players that left (officers/class leaders etc) with PuGs and we continued to progress. The rival guild fell apart and most of those turncoats managed to worm their way back into our guild.

My old guild had plenty of drama. It is still a decent guild usually top 100-200 with 3 x 4 hours pr week. Almost had a mutiny against GM. Nothing happened in the end. Some girl starting some drama because her bf got sat next raid as he was shit. She wasnt good either. And they couldnt blame gear as everyone was 463. Started yelling at gm's wife at vent and called her a wimp needles to say, she got kicked.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Morbownz View Post
    Two hours later the GM logs on completely shocked that most of his friends had jumped ship, he (being as resourceful as he could be) managed to replace all the players that left (officers/class leaders etc) with PuGs and we continued to progress. The rival guild fell apart and most of those turncoats managed to worm their way back into our guild.
    Glad they didn't close this horrid thread yet or else this awesome story would've never been told. This ending is a good ending. Seems like you have good GM there. Seems like a champ to me.

Must've been fun to see all of those turncloaks "worm" their way back in with sorry looks on their invisible faces.

Oh yeah, they can close this shit now.

Honestly though, how do those couples end up in the same guild... I mean, in real life, it is a questionable and, more often than not, a poor decision for both people to choose to work in the same place as your spouse, unless it is, of course, a small family business. If you go to the same raiding guild as your significant other, it is exactly as bad, for the exact same reason. I understand when sometimes a boyfriend and a girlfriend end up in the same guild, they are young and inexperienced, but adults, married people, with work experience, surely they would know better than that...
    I tend to think it depends on the reasons why they play. I've met a bunch of couples that are absolutly fine (the majority surely) and some which either do their dirty laundry in /g or can't balance their affection to a degree that allows them to make rational descissions. The later ones, as far as I've noticed over the years, tend to often have the wrong reasons for playing. One of the partners tends to only play, because their significant other does and they sometimes are only desperate for some time spend with them. The stuff I've seen women do to spend some time with their men boggles my mind, it reaches from raiding in wow, over riding a motorcycle (making a license for it and buying one) to even fishing (I'm serious). Well I've seen guys become all artsy-fartsy or pretentious wannabe connaisseurs as well though. Haven't met one yet though, that told he raids because of his GF, but I guess that is probably something most guys would not admit anyway.

As for how they end up in the same guild: Guilds looking to fill key roles and go for an easy double recruitment and often poor judgment on their own part :P. Early in my wow raiding days I did that myself when recruiting (on a semi-dead realm), learned to question that later on though. I've even told couples later that they should not expect to always raid at the same time and if that is a problem for them.

10+ Year Old Account
    We have a female GM (Me) and I co-lead with my best friend. We do not have that sort of drama in the guild never have the best guild drama I have had was during WOTLK. Tank and our priest healer was married and expecting a baby, the chicks water broke during the raid and she refused to leave until the raid was done. She says during raid her water broke and laughs and we all tell her we can postpone the raid go introduce her new family to the world and she refused to leave. We had to end up kicking her from the group and the tank to make them go into the hospital. She then came back online after getting to hospital and played Warcraft up until the baby was born then posted a pic on our guild site.

The worst drama I have seen while in a guild but not leading would have to be when a mage got asked to switch specs back when if you were a frost mage and you attack a frost immune/resisted target you did squat for dps. The mage basically said screw you ill raid how I want to raid and play how I want to play and pulled the boss to be a jerk. (This was back in BC) She threw an absolute stink fit screaming about it in vent and left group. She was the lead tanks girlfriend and then proceeded to unplug the tanks computer so he couldn't play and to wipe us up. After that GM kicked her from guild and kept her boyfriend who was an officer. He came back online after this happened from work to see his gf had logged into his account and transferred his toon to a different server and disenchanted all his raiding gear.

The only other drama I have seen was finding out the GM of the guild I was in on Nazgrel was 15 minutes away from our house and that my ex husband slept with her.

Not saying girls cause drama because I am one, but I have seen a couple girls give girls a bad name in guilds. I know there are a lot of respectable female players out there who do not do that. I know a lot of female loyal guild members and players me and the chick who went into labor are two of them lol.

10+ Year Old Account
    Quote Originally Posted by Ceethemage View Post

The only other drama I have seen was finding out the GM of the guild I was in on Nazgrel was 15 minutes away from our house and that my ex husband slept with her.
    How does this even happen? Just seems unreal to be honest. Not doubting the story but that's fucking malicious.

10+ Year Old Account
    My current husband and I met in World of Warcraft, we both are raiders and we both communicate well in raids. He loves my kids like they were his own and we have a son together. We both work and both are responsible, we raid when the kids are sleeping and our guild is understanding of that. Our guild is family to us and most of our guild is our friends and family. Those are different circumstances though but husbands and wives / girlfriends & boyfriends can go well in a guild, but others I have seen explode in a guild.

15+ Year Old Account
    I have played in some environments that have been pretty damn toxic for women and I've played some that have been good.
    What do they all have in common? In a vast majority of the cases, a girl causing drama is not actually a girl causing drama. It is guys causing drama over girls or guys making girls cause drama, not the girl being the ultimate source of it. It happens, it isn't common. Typically it's just guys being dicks that's all.

Deleted
    Quote Originally Posted by Cyonis View Post
    I've never seen a man giving birth
    We have a female shadowpriest who, despite being lower geared than myself our hunter and our rogue (her bf) consistently comes 2nd or 3rd dps (top on the right fights) and can, given the right situations also put out competitive hps. On our galakras HC kill she came 2nd dps and did 70k HPS too. She is the first female raider I've met that I've genuinely been blown away by.

I've had guild drama before.

We have our main paladin healer, who is an older woman and mother. She's a very good player when it comes to heals, and she can do some tanking when the needs arises. She's also very sweet, kind and funny with everyone in the guild, but can become quite foul when she's in a bad mood.

Anyway, our pally healer has had severe medical issues for most of her life, which has caused no end of turmoil for herself, her family, and the guild. With the amount of pain she experienced, coupled with mounting pressure to lead raids when our guild leader is absent, and a few arguments, she (along with her relatives who also were in the guild) left the guild. The rest of the guild decided to not to speak to or mention her again, but I maintained ties with her, sympathetic to her plight.

Eventually, she and some of her family rejoined the guild, although she still doesn't appear as much as we'd hope.
    Last edited by Krek01; 2013-10-20 at 04:05 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zeta333 View Post
    Im bored looking for some funny or juicy drama to lol or soak in. So ill start it out.

We had a girl in guild that was a hpally and wasnt very good at it. She just happened to be a stripper IRL. She ended up macking on the GM who was a single dude and then she moved in with him and ended up sleeping with him and bragging about it. SHe from then on never got sat and always got the BIS gear she wanted. This act ended up making the guild mutiny and form a new guild.
    is she looking for a new GM to mack on?
    There is no Bad RNG just Bad LTP

10+ Year Old Account
    Nice mature responses I've gotten to my post so far, written by mature people capable of handling that type of relationship - together irl, together in a raid, however I still firmly believe that such nice examples are mostly exceptions and not very common, judging from my personal experiences and from people posting in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Ceethemage View Post
    husbands and wives / girlfriends & boyfriends can go well in a guild, but others I have seen explode in a guild.
    Very accurate.

Also, a story from ICC days, suits both topics, guild drama and couple drama. I was in a 25 man raiding guild, playing a priest healer, also happened to be a healing officer. We had a wife and husband healer couple in the guild, he was a very good resto druid, she was a very poor resto shaman. Still have a video somewhere on my youtube with all of us healing Anyways, we all were extremely nice to both of them because we simply needed the husband. No one ever made comments about the poor performance of the woman, we (the officers) made sure of that. However eventually it was a bit too much, when we wanted to kill Hallion with the raidgroup that had her in it and she died to the laser instantly as it spawned, every single time, for two weeks. We had to say what we thought of that and she called us all names and ragequit the guild. After that, we had a long vent conversation with the husband, he mentioned that during all the months of raiding with her, he has constantly been mortified by her performance but never had the courage to say anything to her irl. He ended up leaving the guild as well.

10+ Year Old Account
    <Locked the thread>

Seems quite daring to hold a topic like this anymore, for the better to close it before stuff is named/shamed or pointed to others.

- Gehco
    FOMO: "Fear Of Missing Out", also commonly known as people with a mental issue of managing time and activities, many expecting others to fit into their schedule so they don't miss out on things to come. If FOMO becomes a problem for you, do seek help, it can be a very unhealthy lifestyle..